Jump to content

New Sub Mechanics - WG Finally Admits Shot gunning Exists


MysticalWar

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Submarines are easily sunk with teamwork.
Competent players sink Submarines regularly.

Planes don't work well against subs I only have 13 sunk with depth charge so far and a lot of times the planes miss the sub since its faster then the planes dropped bombs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MysticalWar said:

Planes don't work well against subs I only have 13 sunk with depth charge so far and a lot of times the planes miss the sub since its faster then the planes dropped bombs.

You lead-your-target when aiming other ordnance.  Same goes for the Depthcharge-Air-strikes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

You lead-your-target when aiming other ordnance.  Same goes for the Depthcharge-Air-strikes.

Another big problem when trying to hit subs  with ASW attacks is the sub can turn the opposite direction and get too far away from the plane bombs even with the 14 second lead time. therefore missing the entire attack since subs can travel at 44 knots and turn on a dime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, MysticalWar said:

Another big problem when trying to hit subs  with ASW attacks is the sub can turn the opposite direction and get too far away from the plane bombs even with the 14 second lead time. therefore missing the entire attack since subs can travel at 44 knots and turn on a dime.

Have you played Submarines?  Which ones?  🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problems mentioned about subs were actually from other players in the wows community that have told me about there complaints thru in game chat in my port. I have played subs before but rarely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MysticalWar said:

The problems mentioned about subs were actually from other players in the wows community that have told me about there complaints thru in game chat in my port. I have played subs before but rarely.

There's a lot of hype and misunderstandings out there in "the community".
I suggest verifying people's claims, and how <insert amazing feat here> was accomplished or could be repeated using scientific methods and a training room.
And I suggest playing Submarines.
There's nothing like learning how to play a ship well, in order to also learn how to play every other ship well against it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My experience with subs is that when one player drops depth bombs all of the other players in range also carpet bomb the area for good measure. This usually takes care of the sub. Occasionally, a tier-X Balao will get the coup de grace on my low-health tier-VIII BB but my sinking a sub to being sunk by a sub ratio is well over 10 to one. Mostly, I just hover around the area until the sub has to surface and is sunk by my secondaries. In the interim the sub will keep sending torps my way but most can be avoided and the few that can't hardly do any damage.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder why CV's don't have the ability to "switch ords", like Kitakami for example.  She can switch between DWT's and standard torpedoes, why not have the CV switch between bombs and DC's like that?

Mind you I am just tossing out random things and in no way feel this is a "must have" type of thing.  As mentioned, a competent team will very quickly dispatch a sub one way or another, even if the sub player is good.  It is just that a good sub player may take 1 or 2 with him.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Submarines are easily sunk with teamwork.
Competent players sink Submarines regularly.

Which team? The CV team? The sub team? or the surface ships team? Because the last team does all the work vs subs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MysticalWar said:

since subs can travel at 44 knots and turn on a dime.

Which ones? U-4501 is the only one I can think of that even gets close to 40 knots submerged, and she is a very special case. I have her. She turns like a quadriplegic snail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Which ones? U-4501 is the only one I can think of that even gets close to 40 knots submerged, and she is a very special case. I have her. She turns like a quadriplegic snail.

Flamu might have been exaggerating the speed 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

There's nothing like learning how to play a ship well, in order to also learn how to play every other ship well against it.

This.  Although I don't particularly enjoy playing subs and I really hate playing against them, I do think that one has to play them to understand how to anticipate their moves and how to counter them. 

I used to hate CVs, and it wasn't until I actually started playing CVs myself that I slowly came to understand how to deal with them.  I ought to do the same with subs but just can't find enough motivation to play sub!!

By the by, Yuro has done a quite decent video on this.  Whether you're for or against subs, I think it's a pretty decent guide.
 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.