-2 on karma if you double report someone?

Slammer58

Just curious.   Just was in a battle with a fail divison on green.  Ggggrrrr....

I know karma is irrelevant...just venting.

p.s.  Happy (grr) New Year!  🙂

• Like 1

I've come in at the top of the winning team and lost karma, probably because someone was jealous. If you play a CV or a sub it's almost a guarantee that you will lose karma because of petulant players who don't like those classes. Don't follow all of the orders of a bossy player? You will be sure to be reported too. Karma is one of the most stupidly-implemented metrics in WOWS.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Only the first compliment/report has any effect on karma. Losing two karma means you were reported by two separate players.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I've come in at the top of the winning team and lost karma, probably because someone was jealous. If you play a CV or a sub it's almost a guarantee that you will lose karma because of petulant players who don't like those classes. Don't follow all of the orders of a bossy player? You will be sure to be reported too. Karma is one of the most stupidly-implemented metrics in WOWS.

Calling it a "metric" is a bit of a stretch, but I agree entirely 🙂

I'd be curious what WG thinks it is measuring or why they keep it!

1 hour ago, Slammer58 said:

Just curious.   Just was in a battle with a fail divison on green.  Ggggrrrr....

Only the first one has any effect

40 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

It’s a pressure release valve. It gives frustrated players an outlet other than spewing toxicity in chat (in battle or port).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

It’s a pressure release valve. It gives frustrated players an outlet other than spewing toxicity in chat (in battle or port).

It also lessens the number of reports that go through customer support....thereby making sure WG keeps the minimum amount of staff necessary.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Calling it a "metric" is a bit of a stretch, but I agree entirely 🙂

Its a venting mechanism so the CS doesnt get swamped by tickets from angry pri*ks, this way they feel as if they have “shown that guy” and are content in the meanwhile WG most of these are completely arbitrary or bogus and they make sure it doesnt affect anything important going on in the game

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It also lessens the number of reports that go through customer support....thereby making sure WG keeps the minimum amount of staff necessary.

Actually, never thought about that.  But I should have known it was more for their benefit than ours.  

• Like 1

as many already pointed out karma is nothing but a rage vent  valve. for karma to have any value it should be automated  say top 3 get +1 and bottom 3 get -1

i mean couple days ago i got multiple - karma and the "you were reported" message because MM decided to put my t8 cherbourg with lighthouse build (17k concealment) on the side with cero cover in a t10 match full of BBs so i turned around and went to a cap which had some cover in case i needed to disengage.

Edited by pepe_trueno

Your personal karma score can only go down to zero ...

Then, it is all up from there!

Some players apparently still believe WG will ban players based on reports.

A recent game I was in showcased a player who got sunk early, then raged on his team mates for the next several minutes.  He focused on one of the players who was closest to him when he got sunk.  As he spewed about reporting that player, he added, "enjoy your ban."  The rest of the team got a chuckle out of that one.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 8:10 PM, Slammer58 said:

If two players reported you in the same game that you "double reported" another player, I am betting there was some in-game dialogue.  If you get into an argument with two or more people who are in a division together, you can bet you will be reported by all of them.

sometimes I get so angry I spend all 10 report on the same player even though I know it only works once.

but its a good blowout thingy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Karma....
The best joke WG ever made.
The most useless thing in this game.
And, probably, the most irrelevant.

I do my best to stay at 0... And it works quite well atm. 😋

• Like 1

I frequently wish everyone a good day and tell them that as it's my first battle of the day I will give everybody a +1 . Always well received.

• Like 1

World of Warships, where the ships are made up and the karma doesn't matter...

• Haha 2

image.png.b53884c2b444887013f4b15798430e00.png

Can confirm, there needs to be actual ways to spend my karma points.

They're just sitting there.

On 1/1/2024 at 9:49 PM, majmac said:

Your personal karma score can only go down to zero ...

Then, it is all up from there!

There are negative Karmas.... not sure of the exact rules on it though, but I do see -1 and -2 regularly.... seen a -10 before but he was cosplaying as Angry turtle or something.

As a "metric"  Karma can give some actual info.  If you see a player with a really positive score.... they are usually good, can carry, or tend to support a lot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

There are negative Karmas...

The WOWS menu doesn't show negative Karma but some second-party websites do. I've noticed that most of my karma increases come when I'm at the very top of the team but I think that a lot of players are just in the habit of complementing the top player on the team. Myself, I always make it a point to complement the CV players if they are anywhere near competent just to encourage them.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 9:35 PM, pepe_trueno said:

as many already pointed out karma is nothing but a rage vent  valve. for karma to have any value it should be automated  say top 3 get +1 and bottom 3 get -1

i mean couple days ago i got multiple - karma and the "you were reported" message because MM decided to put my t8 cherbourg with lighthouse build (17k concealment) on the side with cero cover in a t10 match full of BBs so i turned around and went to a cap which had some cover in case i needed to disengage.

I disagree with the proposal to have karma automated.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I disagree with the proposal to have karma automated.

That would just mean that your karma score would depend on the actions you performed that agreed with some algorithm. What better way to control players' behaviors than to dangle a carrot on a stick? Of course, the events and things like Naval Battles and Campaigns sort of do this too. One of these days I'm going to get a bunch of low-tier ships ready and complete the Five Epochs of the Navy Campaign.

• Like 1