WG Employee "Stealth" Trolling

NMA101

Right when this forum opened, there was a good topic suggesting that anyone associated with WG publicly declare their affiliation before posting. 

Well, apparently a EU WG employee has been trolling discord and reddit, but with a regular/anonymous username: Commander_Cornflakes

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/15x116r/why_are_the_steam_reviews_overwhelmingly_negative/jx3wd33/

For proof, just check the [WG] Wargaming.net clan list on EU.

Not surprisingly, his shameless defense of the predatory and underhanded tactics has been rightfully downvoted to oblivion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bored 1

This site is diffinitely more paranoid then the old one . Who cares if WG employees come here they should be welcome we all troll to an extent.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, clammboy said:

This site is diffinitely more paranoid then the old one . Who cares if WG employees come here they should be welcome we all troll to an extent.

Whaa??

On the previous Forum, WG would redact or delete comments and lock threads for things that had nothing to do with chat improprieties. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMA101 said:

Right when this forum opened, there was a good topic suggesting that anyone associated with WG publicly declare their affiliation before posting. 

Well, apparently a EU WG employee has been trolling discord and reddit, but with a regular/anonymous username: Commander_Cornflakes

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/15x116r/why_are_the_steam_reviews_overwhelmingly_negative/jx3wd33/

Not surprisingly, his shameless defense of the predatory and underhanded tactics has been rightfully downvoted to oblivion. 

They're gonna do this, its like the owner of a restaurant giving himself good reviews on Google via several accounts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NMA101 said:

Considering how many times I've reported that account for this behavior on reddit...which behavior is against reddit rules...

...and the reddit moderating staff does nothing...

I'd say this is pretty common and known behavior for people in this game.

1 hour ago, clammboy said:

I’d love to see Ashkance and Bogzy and the other mods drop by. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

As would I, but I wouln't be surprised if they can't. WG would totally disallow employees from particiapting in a forum like this, if ony because it would undermine one of the core reasons they closed the forum down in the first place. They specifically want people to communicate via Discord or not at all, so they can control the narrative to new players. They had somewhat of a control of the forums, but criticism could linger there and still be within the rules. With Discord, criticisms can be buried in white noise.

Edited by _KlRlTO_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These forums are simply better, due to the fact if I want to be critical about wg in my way I am sure the mods here would allow it so long as it and the thread stays within the rules, 

That being said, on the other forums i had a new thread taken down as fast as it was put up due to me being critical of wg for removing the forums, and calling them the ultimate troll, and it went on and on but still, they got butthurt over it.

If wg staff want to troll here, let them, I am sure then they would have to hear of all the complaints everyone has with wg, and because they have no power to weild by deleting or banning anyone, it would be a short trolling session.

But I doubt that they would do that here and might be a free voice to talk about stuff we never got answers on, yes it would be nice and I do live in fantasy land, but still it would be nice to actually have an open dialogue with wg staff where qestions can be answered and not discarded, as I said I live in fantasy land, but still.....................

50 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

No thanks. They would only serve as sources of toxicity, I fear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Bored 1

20 minutes ago, CriMiNaL said:

These forums are simply better, due to the fact if I want to be critical about wg in my way I am sure the mods here would allow it so long as it and the thread stays within the rules, 

That being said, on the other forums i had a new thread taken down as fast as it was put up due to me being critical of wg for removing the forums, and calling them the ultimate troll, and it went on and on but still, they got butthurt over it.

If wg staff want to troll here, let them, I am sure then they would have to hear of all the complaints everyone has with wg, and because they have no power to weild by deleting or banning anyone, it would be a short trolling session.

But I doubt that they would do that here and might be a free voice to talk about stuff we never got answers on, yes it would be nice and I do live in fantasy land, but still it would be nice to actually have an open dialogue with wg staff where qestions can be answered and not discarded, as I said I live in fantasy land, but still.....................

image_2023-08-24_201504509.thumb.png.1ed1bc3a4e07cea31a7e6c9350c0cfab.png
  🙂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Type_93 said:

I wouldn't mind if they signed-up merely to prevent other people from using their nom-de-plum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello there.

If WG employees decide to join and move within the rules of the forum they are to be treated like any other user. Respect each other please. They obviously won't have any say or power here. However that does not make them a target. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NMA101 said:

As I remember, he is a WG employee for gameplay help, he's quite open about this. WG makes a distinction between 'WG Staff' (the reds) and other WG employees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

As I remember, he is a WG employee for gameplay help, he's quite open about this. WG makes a distinction between 'WG Staff' (the reds) and other WG employees.

He has not been open about it in the past.

As long as WG employees and volunteers actually abide by the rules, I am ok with them.

Unfortunately, my experience with them has shown too much rule breaking to welcome them without worries.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

Whaa??

On the previous Forum, WG would redact or delete comments and lock threads for things that had nothing to do with chat improprieties. 

They are doing so on Discord. If you are trouble and disagree on WG's WoWS, you are muted

12 hours ago, Type_93 said:

I would welcome them on this forum to discuss any WoWS subject. I suspected WG staff was on the old forums as insurgents giving false information too. However, I think the WG staff would be restricted on this forum by the home office. BTW, I have not seen anyone go buck wild on this forum that needed to be restricted like the old WoWS forums. But then again this forum is new. 

Update: BTW I have seen Capt Cornflakes on Twitch chat on the WoWS stream.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1 NA
  • Like 1

Are we passing out tinfoil hats here? Listen to yourselves. And calm the rage down a notch; it's not to your credit.

• Like 1
  • Bored 5

1 minute ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Are we passing out tinfoil hats here? Listen to yourselves. And calm the rage down a notch; it's not to your credit.

Sadly, this isn't conspiracy theory.

This is the result of some past poor behavior from other people.

I wish we could live in a world where we didn't have to worry about this kind of stuff...but we do have to worry about it.

Particularly when some of us have experienced it first hand.

I'm glad you haven't yet. Please have some understanding for the fears of those who have suffered it.

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Particularly when some of us have experienced it first hand.

I'm glad you haven't yet.

That's because I'm not abusive or insulting toward WG staff or WG in general when I criticize them and their actions.

• Bored 2

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

That's because I'm not abusive or insulting toward WG staff or WG in general when I criticize them and their actions.

I'm not either.

Still seen bad behavior.

Have some understanding of OTHER people's experiences.

• Like 1

Guys, it's fine to disagree with each other. No one needs to become the other ones "Yes-Man".

Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm not either.

I'm sorry; I find this difficult to believe.

I am done interacting with you. 

• Sad 1
  • Bored 1