Rental ship awarded and then removed.

Shark_1K5

T8 San Diego rented ship had 2 days left. After using it in a match instead of returning to port a black screen with the ship centered and a close tab under it appeared.

Upon pressing the close tab only the black screen remained I could not close.

After restarting the game the ship had been removed.

Was I actually awarded the ship and if not why was it removed 2 days early?

We have another account and the San Diego ship is still listed with 2 rental days remaining on it. 

I don't know if there's any way to know without submitting a ticket, though by the time you are likely to get and answer the remaining 2 days will have likely expired anyway. I've never heard of rental ships being removed prematurely, nor them being awarded by mistake. Do you remember how you got it in the first place?

What do you mean by a 'close tab' BTW?

EDIT

Did you play 5 battles with the ship by any chance?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/sea-trials-2023/

Yeah could be the 5 battles thing. Not enough time to get a feel for the ship in 5 battles. That is what 30-40 minutes tops?

I forgot about the 5 battle limit as we have not had that limit on previous rental ships. That had to be why it was just removed from my other account as well after playing a few more battles with it there.

As for the Close button, it is the same tab you see when awarded gifts for completion of various Combat Missions. Prize Award is center screen along with a tab below it saying Close, to return to port.

This time, in the other account, the ship was Not shown as an award after the final battle. It was simply removed upon returning to port.

Ticket submitted.

Edited by Shark_1K5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wade_gaskins said:

Yeah could be the 5 battles thing. Not enough time to get a feel for the ship in 5 battles. That is what 30-40 minutes tops?

👍

5 battles could be 30-40 minutes tops, it could also be under 10 mins... don't ask me how I know. Still, I'm not sure I've seen this limit before in WoWS. WoT has had this, if my memory serves me right.

• 7 months later...

Players received the USS Hornet for 3 days or 5 battles just recently, and found that if a captain wanted more practice games to get a feel for the ship, the training room mock battle set up allows games without the battle limit. Also, expanding the commander roster just needs a non-rental captain in the ship before it is withdrawn, and that captain automatically jumps into the roster adding an additional space without cost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1