How "old" is the wine? Forum demographics "poll" :)

Andrewbassg

How "old" is the wine? Forum demographics "poll" :)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. As per the title

I know, i know..... 🙂 maybe a bit uncomfortable question......feel free to ignore if the case 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What makes me uncomfortable is that there is no "bacon" option. I thought that was mandatory for a poll.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, palestreamer said:

What makes me uncomfortable is that there is no "bacon" option. I thought that was mandatory for a poll.

Well it was/is an NA specific custom. Honestly I thought about it but,..... the "answer" is not like a choice or preference, so 🙂 ....... one can just simply skip answering. 

48 minutes ago, palestreamer said:

+1 for the "bacon" option in a poll.

Note: This poll is public. Other members can see which options you vote for.

A thinly veiled attempt to gather demographics information on the forum's membership?  

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Haha 2

Having moved to NA a little over a decade ago now, I sometimes view my role here as being an explorer in an untamed wilderness, occasionally sending back despatches to civilisation...

In that spirit, and apropos bacon, look what the Americans get up to: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/bacon-chocolate-chip-cookies-9868696

!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

A thinly veiled attempt to gather demographics information the forum's membership?  

🙂  Well I'm not a social scientist and this is not a social experiment 🙂 I think it helps to better understand/know each other and helps avoid confusions. If somebody is uncomfy ......could simply not answer.

But you are correct, I should have included a disclaimer, still....  its not like its hidden 🙂

BTW if people think that this is a problem.......a)  I or a mod can delete it   or

b) I or a mod can edit the condition.

Just now, Andrewbassg said:

🙂  Well I'm not a social scientist and this is not a social experiment 🙂 I think it helps to better understand/know each other and helps avoid confusions. If somebody is uncomfy ......could simply not answer.

But you are correct, I should have included a disclaimer, still....  its not like its hidden 🙂

BTW if people think that this is a problem.......a)  I or a mod can delete it   or

b) I or a mod can edit the condition.

I suggest/encourage that the poll results be "anonymous", I.e. responses are not associated with names.
I also couldn't help but notice there's nothing warship/game related in this poll.

Age/sex/location question(s) are soooo "1990's America On-Line chat room" behavior.  We don't need to know the answers to such questions in order to have a discussion about the game or warships in history, eh?

• Thanks 1

Oh, yes...always bacon on every poll.

As far as age, you forgot "young at heart" or perhaps even better - "don't act my age" 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I also couldn't help but notice there's nothing warship/game related in this poll.

That's correct however I think serves its purpose better here. However feel free to report.

We don't need to know the answers to such questions in order to have a discussion about the game or warships in history, eh?

It could help us as a community.

Age/sex/location question(s) are soooo "1990's America On-Line chat room" behavior.  

Well idk about that 🙂 I'm EU.

6 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Well idk about that 🙂 I'm EU.

Sharing these tidbits is how we both learn.

27 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Oh, yes...always bacon on every poll.

Yes I'm aware, I was on NA actively for aprox 2 years or so. 🙂 But again, there is no choice involved. One either is or isn't that age. 🙂 Makes no sense to me in this case 🙂  

27 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

As far as age, you forgot "young at heart" or perhaps even better - "don't act my age" 😂

One of my friends has it as his ringtone. He is a bit older than me 🙂 

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

Just so long as we're all clear that being - purely hypothetically, you understand - 52 doesn't require that one act like a Serious Grown-Up...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

No secret needed here IMHO, turning 42 this winter...

I made myself younger 🙂 I will turn 50 in the fall, but since I made the poll ....RHIP :-

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

A thinly veiled attempt to gather demographics information on the forum's membership?  

What?  We are all 29 ????  Didn't you get the memo the other day? 

• Haha 1

I suggest/encourage that the poll results be "anonymous", I.e. responses are not associated with names.

Age/sex/location question(s) are soooo "1990's America On-Line chat room" behavior.  We don't need to know the answers to such questions in order to have a discussion about the game or warships in history, eh?

Culture and age.   It's more than relevant (even if you volunteer your real age (29); ) because,  "historical discussion about a game based in history" adds "depth" that is mostly age related.   Although, I do have a grandson that makes history YT pieces about the Romans and very old civilizations for the kids his age.....  Talk about 'rare' in today's world !  

When I hand a real flintlock rifle to a teenager today, they have no idea they even existed.   When they are trained to shoot them and they are comfortable with the "flash in the pan", they then can understand just how technology influences history....  Or, when I teach then is what "Aim Small, Miss Small" really means;  and that, applies to everyday life and yet, comes from the long, long ago past....  They have no idea because today's schools simply don't teach history anymore......

Age is a 'wealth and depth of thought.....'   So, a forum with a lot of Older Members could call on them to "expand and illustrate" what we see in the game......because, our parents were in that War or our Grand Parents were in the Earlier one and some of our families go back way further....  

Depth is lacking in today's conversations because it is "inconvenient"......  History is funny that way and a good forum, takes the time to outline that "depth..."

Edited by Asym
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That would be futile. Remember, 'fifty-year olds of all ages'.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Asym said:

schools simply don't teach history anymore...

20 minutes ago, Asym said:

Depth is lacking in today's conversations because it is "inconvenient"...

I suspect you've hit the nail on the head. For example, back in the UK, Winston Churchill is - to most - a national hero; to be fair, with pretty good reason (leadership in WW2). However, he did have some pretty odious views, and some of his actions/decisions resulted in a lot of deaths.

Personally, I think knowing about the latter (as much as we may disapprove) adds depth and complexity to his legacy for the former. Very few people are 100% good, or 100% bad.

Unfortunately, many folk aren't good at nuance, especially not these days; as such, I'm not surprised if schools are giving the more 'difficult' areas of history a swerve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

How did we get from an age poll to discussing history? 

😁

So many of us here are relics or museum pieces. We are living examples of history ourselves.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

So many of us here are relics or museum pieces. We are living examples of history ourselves.

Godsdammit!

image.thumb.png.b331c3ebf699a5b7e461171b07b7530e.png

Laughing2.gif.ddafd28d66513d0cbfd793f3aa7b5fc5.gif

• Like 1

Is it bad if I had to read the comments to find out what this poll is about? Wine? What wine? No picture label or name? How should I know how old some wine is with no info? lol I feel dumb 🤣

• Thanks 1