Portal Chips

SunkCostFallacy

Ok - I've got an excuse for not knowing what these things are for: When they were introduced into the game this time around, I was literally delirious from covid! 🤤

Since I've started recover, I've been crawling through the older news articles trying to figure out what the go is with the Portal Chips ... but I can't find it.

So mea cupla and all that ... but can someone point me at the news about them please?

Sunk

Thank you, @EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico and @Ensign Cthulhu for the pointer to the article.

I really must have been out of it, as I have zero recollection of signing up for that mission :classic_blink:

Now that I've got my head around it I think I'll just not bother to try to maximise my chips ... it's too dependent on other players on what the results are.

27 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Thank you, @EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico and @Ensign Cthulhu for the pointer to the article.

I really must have been out of it, as I have zero recollection of signing up for that mission :classic_blink:

Now that I've got my head around it I think I'll just not bother to try to maximise my chips ... it's too dependent on other players on what the results are.

Do whatever you get done. Don't sweat it.

9 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

This is the important bit, based on your individual efforts:

65D2EA70-966E-4887-8658-B7DAE7248C34.thumb.jpeg.63304d9ef26c2c995b749a4544117679.jpeg

On 8/22/2023 at 6:18 PM, SunkCostFallacy said:

1st off glad you are feeling better.

Honestly, just play and don't sweat the portal chips. They stack up fast even if you just play Co-op and there is a week still to go. The number to hit is 240 as it gives all the goodies including the SC at the end but it should be pretty easy to get that with all the griding we are doing for various events and how easy it is to get them. Like you I was late signing up for it as I missed they were doing them. I easily passed 240 with no effort put into it beyond grinding the various events. Just checked now and I am WAY past 240.

1.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Honestly, just play and don't sweat the portal chips. They stack up fast even if you just play Co-op and there is a week still to go. The number to hit is 240 as it gives all the goodies including the SC at the end but it should be pretty easy to get that with all the griding we are doing for various events and how easy it is to get them. Like you I was late signing up for it as I missed they were doing them. I easily passed 240 with no effort put into it beyond grinding the various events. Just checked now and I am WAY past 240.

1.jpg

Thanks mate

I've just checked and I'm currently showing 172 tokens ... so I may or may not reach enough for the SC. But to be honest, if I don't reach that I won't be too upset.

2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Honestly, just play and don't sweat the portal chips. They stack up fast even if you just play Co-op and there is a week still to go. The number to hit is 240 as it gives all the goodies including the SC

Ditto 👍

Well ... just playing whatever I felt like playing had more impact that I expected :)

2023-08-2521_41_56-CruiserClashCompetition.thumb.jpg.2fab9a6b418e1334fe15d4c26bff7b9d.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Well ... just playing whatever I felt like playing had more impact that I expected 🙂

2023-08-2521_41_56-CruiserClashCompetition.thumb.jpg.2fab9a6b418e1334fe15d4c26bff7b9d.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys

Nice.

• Thanks 1

I have 48 of them...  Needless to say I am totally unmotivated by all the different currencies in the game. Don't pay any of it any attention. 

• Thanks 1

just gone over 240

I am busy farming community token  and fxp from the CV mode(surprisingly cv isnt too popular there) so I could have much more token if they count the special mode.

BTW does WG immediately hands out the SC once i reach the target or I have to wait a bit longer? Just saw a SC sitting in port and I am not sure it is from this event or somewhere else

Edited by a252

tbh I thought I'd never get anything with this one as I'm a Co-Op player. Just looked and count was 494 and there's still a few days to go. Would be nice if they added on rewards to max they've given but that ain't gonna happen, they're using the stats thats all.

1 hour ago, a252 said:

just gone over 240

I am busy farming community token  and fxp from the CV mode(surprisingly cv isnt too popular there) so I could have much more token if they count the special mode.

BTW does WG immediately hands out the SC once i reach the target or I have to wait a bit longer? Just saw a SC sitting in port and I am not sure it is from this event or somewhere else

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/cruiser-clash-competition/

Starts: Aug 16, 03:00 AM PT (UTC-7) / your local time: Aug 16, 03:00 AM
Ends: Aug 31, 03:00 AM PT (UTC-7) / your local time: Aug 31, 03:00 AM

The more Portal Chips you contribute, the more rewards you’ll earn! Your goal is to accumulate enough Portal Chips to reach certain milestones (20, 40, 80, 160, and 240 Portal Chips, respectively). After reaching each of these milestones, you’ll secure a guaranteed reward that will be credited to your account after the end of the event

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

any idea when we get our rewards yet 

I seem to recall that the ship will become available in the next patch, so I assumed that the rewards will be awarded then as well.

But that's just my guess

• Like 1