Santa crates - best bang for my certficates?

CFagan_1987

I'm anticipating getting 28 certificates from my tier 10s plus the premium battle pass rewards (not counting post progression rewards). What would be the best bang for my certificates? I figure I could ultimately get *at least* 30 certificates which would mean either 6 mega Santa containers, 10 big Santa containers, or 30 regular Santa containers. I'm mainly interested in getting premium ships, doubloons, and coal. 

Any advice? I think I recall reading last year that the big Santa containers were the best overall return on investment ... is that true?

Hi all,

7 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

I'm anticipating getting 28 certificates from my tier 10s plus the premium battle pass rewards (not counting post progression rewards). What would be the best bang for my certificates? I figure I could ultimately get *at least* 30 certificates which would mean either 6 mega Santa containers, 10 big Santa containers, or 30 regular Santa containers. I'm mainly interested in getting premium ships, doubloons, and coal. 

Any advice? I think I recall reading last year that the big Santa containers were the best overall return on investment ... is that true?

MEGA was always the best choice... AFAIK... a WoWs buddy of mine (black_falcon120) did comprehensive analysis for several past few years (except last) and it was always the MEGA...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

Assuming everything is the same as last year, Mega crates yield the best odds of pulling a ship per ticket spent. The only times when one should consider Big crates instead is if your final ticket count is not a multiple of five. For example, two big crates is a better deal than one Mega and one Small crate for six tickets.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the opinions ... it's unanimous: go for the Mega crates as long as I have the certificates to do so. I ask because it seemed like the 4 ships I got last year were mainly from the big crates rather than mega crates.

On a related note...does anybody know if results from the past carry over from last year for the "guaranteed" drops.

IE: (arbitrary numbers used for example) If a crate has an assured ship drop at 15 & you opened 7 after receiving the last ship (in that exact crate type) last year...do you only need to open 8 more this year to assure a drop or does that count reset each year?

8 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

MEGA was always the best choice... AFAIK... a WoWs buddy of mine (black_falcon120) did comprehensive analysis for several past few years (except last) and it was always the MEGA...

Leo "Apollo11"

Once upon a time....big was best odds for a ship but that changed a couple of xmases ago.

Considering that the red (only in Mega) and blue boosters have good drop rate in Mega the other prizes are also better IMO.

8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

On a related note...does anybody know if results from the past carry over from last year for the "guaranteed" drops.

IE: (arbitrary numbers used for example) If a crate has an assured ship drop at 15 & you opened 7 after receiving the last ship (in that exact crate type) last year...do you only need to open 8 more this year to assure a drop or does that count reset each year?

They don't count because these aren't the same crates... your current count is 0.   Sorry.

I default to Megas when possible, my tier 10s should get me at least one new ship combined with the 2 megas from the dockyard phases. 

I only have 1 T6 and 2 T7s available so I'm expecting to come out ahead on purchased crates as well.