New Japanese Line

Efros

I think this is the first time ever where I didn't get a single ship in the new line during the early access period. Not disappointed or irritated just an observation. Are there many of us in this boat (or not heh).

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Efros said:

I think this is the first time ever where I didn't get a single ship in the new line during the early access period. Not disappointed or irritated just an observation. Are there many of us in this boat (or not heh).

you didnt play enough then

It wasn't a full line. It was a line split from T8+.

And T8s have rarely, if ever, been obtainable without heavy grinding or throwing dubs at it.

It is usually limited to T7 at most, aka fodder tier. Although you can maybe get camo/econ for the T8.

So seems the same to me? The only other such split from recent times was US BBVs.

10 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

My usual amount. I just think the event was structured differently, again not complaining about or irritated by it just an observation

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Verytis said:

And T8s have rarely, if ever, been obtainable without heavy grinding or throwing dubs at it.

It is usually limited to T7 at most, aka fodder tier. Although you can maybe get camo/econ for the T8.

So seems the same to me? The only other such split from recent times was US BBVs.

I have always come out of these with at least 1 ship whether it was a full line or not, this is the first time I haven't.

Nah, most half lines have the T8 reachable during the event for "free".

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 4

Wait, I thought they were locked behind a paywall during early access. Did I miss something?

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Wait, I thought they were locked behind a paywall during early access. Did I miss something?

You could get them if you get enough tokens from missions but even to get T8, number of missions required for that was significant, some 150 missions if I am not wrong. So I for example only went for T8 bonus package but did not bother to get enough for T8 ship itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The mission isn't asking too much for T8 boat, it was roughly similar effort to get the Spanish techtree line ships upto T8 (correct me if it is not Spanish Cruisers).

This alternative Japanese BB line is better than the previous US Hybrid BB line, the previous event what I had done is to grind Colorado because WG did not offer the ship for free (I think it was being sold as final reward for battle pass)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Efros said:

Are there many of us in this boat (or not heh).

I decided that busting a gut to get the Yumihari in early release wasn't worth it. It was easier just to regrind the Nagato a little bit each day; and according to the XP figures in the wiki, she's been ready for about a month now. 

17 minutes ago, fumtu said:

You could get them if you get enough tokens from missions but even to get T8, number of missions required for that was significant, some 150 missions if I am not wrong. So I for example only went for T8 bonus package but did not bother to get enough for T8 ship itself.

This.

I want to savour the ship and its bonus package over a slow grind. If I'd got it in early release, I would have felt obliged to power-grind it to get the T9 on release day. This way is better. 

41 minutes ago, Verytis said:

I actually did throw dubs at the Ignacio Allende. I usually have a firm prohibition against getting tech-tree ships for dubs, but getting the Allende from the battle pass unlocked a mission for the T9 perma econ bonus for the Santander. And because that would actually have been more expensive than the Battle Pass, I figured it was effectively a discount. The great thing about the Pan-Am cruisers event is that you could get enough free event tokens to buy a 30 day, 200% boost mission for all Pan-Am cruisers (or it may have been all Pan-Am ships?), so I flogged the Allende hard throughout the second half of the early release to have enough XP for Santander, bought the mission on the final day before the line dropped, and then used it to grind through the Santander (with effectively an inexhaustible 300% bonus for every battle) as soon as I had it in port. 

All this was apparent as soon as the earlybird stuff started, so it was an easily justifiable purchase that had positive knock-on effects right throughout the subsequent two patches. 

The only T8 I've ever seen come up for free at a high-level line split is the Kansas, which was the directives prize in the earlybird release event for the Vermont line. I had already reground the Colorado in the event that it wasn't going to be so easy; and while I had to roll my eyes at the irony of it at the time, it all worked out in the end when the hybrids were announced. I could laugh because it meant I'd already ground out the Nebraska.

1 hour ago, Efros said:

Given how the ships were in early-access behind a wall of tokens, and that we had to play a lot in order to get those tokens, I didn't get one of the new Japanese battlecruisers in early-access.
I wasn't too worried about it.
I did buy one of the 1,000 doubloon priced random lots in order to get enough tokens to buy the Ise commemorative flag, though.
I had 1350 tokens, last night.  Bought the 1k doubloon random lot which provided 300 tokens.  New total = 1,650.
Then I exchanged 1,500 tokens for the Ise's flag.
The remaining 150 tokens were further spent, by exchanging 100 tokens for some credits.  
As of last night I had 50 Japanese battlecruiser event tokens left-over with no way to spend them.  I'm okay with that.

The game will update, soon. 
And then I'll have enough ShipXP on my Nagato and enough credits available for the first Japanese battlecruiser in the new tech-tree line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Efros said:

This was also the first time I didn't get any pre-access ships ... I suspect because of the way the event was organized. I was able to get the Kansas, Tallinn, and Nebraska in pre-access events so being Tier 8 isn't a big obstacle.

14 hours ago, Verytis said:

This is only the case for lines that start at lower tiers, where tier VII has usually been the last ship obtainable without spending money. For tier VIII+ branches, the tier VIII has usually been available from some sort of grind: Tallinn was obtainable via tokens from free containers unless you had very bad luck, Kansas and Cherbourg were both available from mission chains, etc.

The notable outlier was WG deciding to place Nebraska behind the paid battle pass, which is why I passed on it that month - I didn’t appreciate WG moving what was in the past free content behind a paywall. WG seems to have noted the playerbase’s negative response, because they didn’t do the same with Yumihari. I didn’t obtain Yumihari in early access, but that was only because I chose to forgo the sequential bundles in favor of the tier IX bonus package.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Efros said:

I didn't get a single ship in the new line during the early access period.

I never get suckered by this kind of WG barf nor will I ever have any of these barf fantasy ships in my port.

You all realize, don't you, that the T10 Ijn ship will be referred to as the 'Bunghole'.

• Bored 1

8 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

I didn’t appreciate WG moving what was in the past free content behind a paywall.

You mean the "I want it early" paywall, as opposed to just waiting a bit longer and getting it for free. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, a252 said:

The mission isn't asking too much for T8 boat, it was roughly similar effort to get the Spanish techtree line ships upto T8 (correct me if it is not Spanish Cruisers).

This alternative Japanese BB line is better than the previous US Hybrid BB line, the previous event what I had done is to grind Colorado because WG did not offer the ship for free (I think it was being sold as final reward for battle pass)

Your memory is correct. It took around 185 bars to accrue enough tokens to unlock all the Spanish Cruisers up to T8. For the IJN BBs, everything up until Yumihari required 180 personal challenges completed.

@Nevermore135 Agree with you, putting the Nebraska behind the paid battle pass was a scam move by WG. As you note, hopefully they learned their lesson and stopped devaluing the BP further. At minimum, every final BP reward should be something worth in Doubloons or real cash, not credits or FXP. 

33 minutes ago, NMA101 said:

@Nevermore135 Agree with you, putting the Nebraska behind the paid battle pass was a scam move by WG. As you note, hopefully they learned their lesson and stopped devaluing the BP further. At minimum, every final BP reward should be something worth in Doubloons or real cash, not credits or FXP. 

I don’t have any problem with WG’s decision to include the tier VIII Pan-American cruiser and European DD (tech tree ships with value in FXP and credits) as the final reward for the paid pass because they didn’t “devalue” the grind for free to play players. The Nebraska BP was different specifically because it represented WG trying to alter the existing precedent of tier VIIIs that were the first ships in new branches being obtainable in EA without costing doubloons if one was willing to grind. IMO the Premium Battle pass offers a lot of value for 2500 doubloons, so the final reward doesn’t have to be amazing (like a premium ship or premium containers) for it to be a good value.

I didn’t pass on the Nebraska premium BP because I thought the rewards weren’t worth the cost. I passed as a matter of principle and to make a point, with the hope that enough other players would also do so, that this would reflect in WG’s metrics, and force someone to take notice.

Edited by Nevermore135

15 hours ago, Efros said:

Are there many of us in this boat

I got the T8, and called it a day. For me, that's a lower level of participation than usual. I did nab the T9 premium as well though.

I'd usually go to the EA T9 (doubloons for an EA T10 is ludicrous, so I'd never go there regardless), but the expenditure to get there this time didn't justify it. To be clear, I'm not complaining, just reporting what I did.

WG's increasing emphasis on monetisation has had a somewhat curative effect on my obsessive need to 'get everything': I've got loads of stuff already, and there is so much new stuff to buy each patch that I'm now just picking my spots. Not a complaint, again, just reportage.

This is actually the first EA event in a while I’m not ending with at least one early access ship. I put the effort into the personal challenges for the Spanish cruisers since I enjoyed them, but I wasn’t as inclined to do it for the IJN BCs. Of course, full line vs split helps there too, since you were pretty much guaranteed a couple cruisers if you played the game, versus needing a ton of effort to get one ship.

Don’t get me wrong, Adatara and especially Bungo are quite nice, but Yumihari’s definitely meh. I am putting the tokens toward one of the bonus packs though, since that will give me more long term benefit than having Yumihari now. Probably Bungo’s even though it will require buying two doubloon bundles — I would have much less of a reason to play Adatara after unlocking Bungo, and I’ve got more than enough consumable boosters for the grind. (And a t10 bonus pack costs more than that anyway, if I wanted to buy it later on.)

16 hours ago, Efros said:

I have always come out of these with at least 1 ship whether it was a full line or not, this is the first time I haven't.

Well I managed the 180 tokens for the T8 (have a full port) but I chose after careful reading to grind Nagato (in ranked) to T8 and take the T10 perma booster instead, it is more doubloons, annd I have the T8 booster from the Battlepass. So I start now as well.

23 hours ago, Efros said:

23 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

23 hours ago, Efros said:

My usual amount. I just think the event was structured differently, again not complaining about or irritated by it just an observation

I played my usual amount, but I also focused on the tasks to accumulate the points.
I eventually did unlock the T8 IJN BB on the last day of missions, and the camo/booster.

Its not a bad ship overall. I do wish the shells were a bit more.....penetrating.

I managed to get T8 Spanish Cruiser for the Spanish Early Release event.

I did get the T8 Japanese BB this patch, I grinded slightly less for the first part (bxp) and grinded extra for the second part to compensate. Coop is a friend for the second part of the challenge.

My idea is simple: They are going to be port queen at the end, so I just get the boat, grind all the way to T10 then forget about it until snowflake.

Hi all,

On 12/5/2023 at 1:38 PM, Efros said:

Same here... first time...

Leo "Apollo11"