WOWS RU/Legends/Blitz Discussions

AdmiralThunder

It has been bandied about now and then but I am going to make an official request that something be done about these topics as they are unrelated to what this forum is for (WOWS NA/EU/SEA PC version).

• Create new subforums where these other games can be discussed if people so choose

-OR-

• Limit these discussions to the Off Topic forum as they have ZERO bearing on the version of the game this forum is about

The RU version of the game has NOTHING to do with the one we play. It is off on it's own path and is being developed at a different pace and with different content (even the stuff that is basically the same is different now and it is getting more different every update). All that these posts do is lead to people complaining our version doesn't get what the RU one does or complain we didn't get it because they thought it was for our version. Many times, the thread goes off in many different directions too as a thing RU is doing may not be done here and some go off on tangents and rants about how bad it is here.  I am all for a good WG bash fest but man it gets old seeing people complaining RU gets what we don't and then pile on WG over it (note that can be a good thing however in some cases - not everything new on RU is good). The only value posts about RU WOWS brings is if people want to know what they are doing different and THAT would be better served, and belongs, in Off Topic or a dedicated subforum and NOT the General Discussion forum. Other than that it has NO relevance to our version of the game. Discussing WOWS RU has the same relevance as discussing WarThunder does now.

Although WG has done some kind of merge of Legends and WOWS PC accounts (Blitz too?) those games are still completely different than our version and like RU have no relevance to this game outside of the few things associated with the account. If people want to discuss Legends and Blitz that too belongs in Off Topic or a dedicated subforum (idea - make one subforum for RU, Legends, and Blitz combined).

Not trying to stifle conversation on these other games just respectfully ask that the main forums here be reserved for discussions on the actual game the forums were started to cover. Move that other content to its own dedicated subforum or Off Topic where it belongs.

Regards,

AT

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 4

thanks for the feedback. We have discussed this and will again for sure. We had at one point contemplated (even very briefly launched) a Blitz/Legends section but this was dropped as it was too far removed from our core mission and would have required additional staff with expertise in those areas, among other things. The only meaningful solution for such posts imo would be to move them into a dedicated sub-section of the Off-Topic forum. Back then, though, tthe number of posts on those games did not yet warrant such a step. I'll raise this at our next meeting.

Edited by I_cant_Swim_
additional point
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

thanks for the feedback. We have discussed this and will again for sure. We had at one point contemplated (even very briefly launched) a Blitz/Legends section but this was dropped as it was too far removed from our core mission and would have required additional staff with expertise in those areas, among other things. The only meaningful solution for such posts imo would be to move them into a dedicated sub-section of the Off-Topic forum. Back then, though, tthe number of posts on those games did not yet warrant such a step. I'll raise this at our next meeting.

I was throwing Legends and Blitz into the mix just because there WILL be posts about them now and then LOL as many people don't realize PC is not the same game as those (see this on Reddit all the time). Figured throw it in with RU while doing the work to save having to do it later.

The real issues is the RU stuff IMO. Reddit has a huge issue with RU stuff being posted and many people coming back later starting threads complaining nothing happened in our game version (in other words they think it was for our version - even with RU clearly added to title). You get a lot of fighting in the threads too (a Reddit thing but happens here too some I have seen).

Just don't see the reason for topics on that different game to be posted as if it is relevant to our version. It just isn't outside of common ancestry.

Anyway, this is JMHO and of course the decision belongs to you and the staff.

Regards,

AT

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2

I'm firmly against moving any discussion about the RU developments into a forgotten corner of the forum. For the first time in forever we have a comparable product to WoWS, and we can literally call out how badly WG is handling the game in comparison to MK.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I'm firmly against moving any discussion about the RU developments into a forgotten corner of the forum. For the first time in forever we have a comparable product to WoWS, and we can literally call out how badly WG is handling the game in comparison to MK.

WIth a strawman this large, Dorothy could have got home early.

Comparable product my eye. It's the SAME PRODUCT, and if it hadn't been for geopolitical factors we're not allowed to discuss here, THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO SPLIT.

You want to talk about comparable, talk about something that wasn't developed by the same people. In the meantime, why don't you go play MK if you think it's that good?

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Confused 1
  • Bored 3

It is a bit a fine line to be drawn here, I think. 

Even if the game did not split into two versions, people would still be asking for changes such as limiting CV spotting, buffing old ships, or more "original" premium ships (i.e. fewer lazy copy-paste designs).

The existence of the RU/Lesta game simply serves as additional justification for those features. 

Edited by NMA101

1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

For the first time in forever we have a comparable product to WoWS, and we can literally call out how badly WG is handling the game in comparison to MK.

Honestly, this is one of my issues with it all. WG doesn't care what we say here, or period, so it is just pee'ing into the wind. They do enough stupid things in our game to complain about without outsourcing to Russia for things to gripe and whine about. I would rather see productive threads about OUR game than more WG BAD REEEEE! stuff based off irrelevant RU devblogs.

Also, a subforum would not be relegating it to a forgotten corner (Off Topic might). IT would be putting it where people who WANT to see it can easily find it and the rest of us don't get bothered with it.

JMHO and I am NOT white knighting or shilling for WG here. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

I suggest giving it a dedicated sub-section in the Discussion Forums, and not inside the Off-Topic forum, where it will most likely be not easily visible compared to the sub-sections like PVE or PVP. At the end of the day, it is still World of Warships. 

Also, by making it visible as a dedicated sub-section inside the Discussion Forums, I feel it will increase compliance as it will reduce the number of steps a player must navigate. Moreover, it can drive player participation and discussions here, increasing Devstrike.net's ranking/visibility in search. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

I suggest giving it a dedicated sub-section in the Discussion Forums, and not inside the Off-Topic forum, where it will most likely be not easily visible compared to the sub-sections like PVE or PVP. At the end of the day, it is still World of Warships. 

Also, by making it visible as a dedicated sub-section inside the Discussion Forums, I feel it will increase compliance as it will reduce the number of steps a player must navigate. Moreover, it can drive player participation and discussions here, increasing Devstrike.net's ranking/visibility in search. 

Yes subforums on their own not inside off topic

• Like 1

I support the author of the topic!

There is a separate "ZONA" (forum section) for the rU server, where those interested can chat...

10 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

and if it hadn't been for geopolitical factors we're not allowed to discuss here

is that what you called the attack of one state on another, seizure of lands, destruction of cities and villages, mass murder of people?! Are you interested in discussing here the difference between the games "mir karablei"rU ta "World of warships" ? let's pour into the abyss, all together because humanity is disappearing, it's better to delete me from your forum (by the way, it's about World of warships...).

• Bored 1

7 hours ago, armory said:

is that what you called the attack of one state on another, seizure of lands, destruction of cities and villages, mass murder of people?!

I know perfectly well what was involved, AND IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE DISCUSSED HERE.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 3:16 PM, I_cant_Swim_ said:

I have a stupid question:  what happens to the game when hostilities stop and the RU and its version of this game and the NA version get put back into the same game???

Isn't smart to have a place to track, discuss and file "those difference" to be better prepared when everyone comes to their senses and business arrangement return to their place of origin?   In the next year, there may or may not be some seismic changes to whom can or can not play this game in NA....

1 hour ago, Asym said:

I have a stupid question:  what happens to the game when hostilities stop and the RU and its version of this game and the NA version get put back into the same game???

We shall see, someday, hopefully?
Meanwhile ...

1 hour ago, Asym said:

Isn't smart to have a place to track, discuss and file "those difference" to be better prepared when everyone comes to their senses and business arrangement return to their place of origin?   In the next year, there may or may not be some seismic changes to whom can or can not play this game in NA....

I think it is useful to properly categorize forum topics.
And the forum serves as a useful place to discuss & compare the "products" being offered.
So, I support the notion of "Truth in Labeling".  
And I support the idea of creating a dedicated section for WOWs Legends & WOWs Blitz.  And I suggest pinning links to their wiki-pages (if available?).

There are some topics of ship-line proposals already floating around which seem vague about whether the lines are intended for WOWs NA/EU/ASIA Personal-Computer version or are intended for use with WOWs Legends or Blitz.
Clearing-up any vagueness or confusion would seem beneficial, as I reckon the situation.

As for the inclusion or exclusion of Mir Korabli?  
Personally, I figure it doesn't hurt for us to be informed and aware of what's going on.  
A dedicated forum section?  We could try it, and see how it goes?
Might want to establish some requirements or standards, so that information sources can be properly cited and vetted where necessary?

Alternatively, DevStrike already has a purpose and a set of defined boundaries, guidelines and rules. 
If they're gonna be enforced, then enforce them.
If they're going to be modified, then discuss at the "board meeting" and reach a decision on the expansion of DevStrike's mission.  🙂 

Tagging @I_cant_Swim_ @Position Available  @HogHammer, @yss_turtleship, @SureBridge

• Like 3

On 12/20/2023 at 1:14 PM, I_cant_Swim_ said:

@Wolfswetpaws loved that you tagged @Position Available... 🙂 Bit of a wildcard, that one!

As you may have surmised, I merely tagged all the listed names of the "top brass" of this Forum.  🙂 
Honestly, I wasn't certain if the name was merely a "placeholder" for a future candidate for the position or if the name was a humorous attempt at cleverness.

Perhaps the figurative "Magic 8-Ball" would give the response of "Ask again later".
https://magic-8ball.com/