So......FDR......is it crap or have I just not figured it out yet

hipcanuck

Billed as a heavy hitter with high HP aircraft, it plays like a POS. Ive got lots of experience with CV's, play Kaga a lot and pretty good with it.

Its crap vs DD's, you will only hit the stupidest of drivers with rockets and will be lucky to hit with a bomb and your better of torping a smoke cloud than trying to hit a DD on the move with torps. The sloooooow planes of FDR just dont dodge flak very well and tend to get chewed up in bunches because of it.

Cruisers eat its planes, the planes are just soooooo sloooooow. While they have more HP than other planes, they just stay in the AA bubble far too long to make up for the 'extra' HP.

FDR is good at smacking BB's, but usually only those who suffer from tunnel vision or dont know how to dodge. Again, the planes are soooooo slooooow you cannot outmaneuver most BB's by swinging wide, BB's can just keep turning into your torps.

FDR is good at smacking bad CV drivers, those who dont move their ship at the start, or drive to an obvious camping spot.

Honestly, I wouldnt recommend the FDR to anyone at this point, I'd even go so far to say its a complete waste of the 32000 steel.

2 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

Billed as a heavy hitter with high HP aircraft, it plays like a POS. Ive got lots of experience with CV's, play Kaga a lot and pretty good with it.

Its crap vs DD's, you will only hit the stupidest of drivers with rockets and will be lucky to hit with a bomb and your better of torping a smoke cloud than trying to hit a DD on the move with torps. The sloooooow planes of FDR just dont dodge flak very well and tend to get chewed up in bunches because of it.

Cruisers eat its planes, the planes are just soooooo sloooooow. While they have more HP than other planes, they just stay in the AA bubble far too long to make up for the 'extra' HP.

FDR is good at smacking BB's, but usually only those who suffer from tunnel vision or dont know how to dodge. Again, the planes are soooooo slooooow you cannot outmaneuver most BB's by swinging wide, BB's can just keep turning into your torps.

FDR is good at smacking bad CV drivers, those who dont move their ship at the start, or drive to an obvious camping spot.

Honestly, I wouldnt recommend the FDR to anyone at this point, I'd even go so far to say its a complete waste of the 32000 steel.

You haven't figured it out yet, do you have much CV experience?

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

You haven't figured it out yet, do you have much CV experience?

Maybe 1000+ games, almost half before the rework. Have 4 other T10 CV's, have Kaga, Hornet, Malta , Max I, Ark Royal and the 3 super CV's.  I tend to stick to Kaga if I want to play a premium CV, although Malta is fun too. Hornet is useable but uptiers badly. I also have a few hundred Ops games in Kaga, but thats a bit like shooting fish in a barrel lol.

Ive played CV's long enough to have used Akagi 🙂 FDR plays differently, 'more differently' than the others. They all seem to have a 'thing', for example, with Malta if you slow your bombers right down the AP bombs are more likely to pen BB decks. I cant figure out what FDR's 'thing' is, although I seem to have figured out what its 'thing' isnt!

5 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Maybe 1000+ games, almost half before the rework. Have 4 other T10 CV's, have Kaga, Hornet, Malta , Max I, Ark Royal and the 3 super CV's.  I tend to stick to Kaga if I want to play a premium CV, although Malta is fun too. Hornet is useable but uptiers badly. I also have a few hundred Ops games in Kaga, but thats a bit like shooting fish in a barrel lol.

Ive played CV's long enough to have used Akagi 🙂 FDR plays differently, 'more differently' than the others. They all seem to have a 'thing', for example, with Malta if you slow your bombers right down the AP bombs are more likely to pen BB decks. I cant figure out what FDR's 'thing' is, although I seem to have figured out what its 'thing' isnt!

Ok so you've played more CV than me haha but I can say that FDR is kinda like the spotting and just shitting on BBs in general. You haev the 25s reload time between strikes which allows you to easily slide through AA and set 2-3 perma fires as soon as their DCP is down again.