Portal Chips Removed???

AdmiralThunder

Myself and some clanmates had 1000 +/- portal chips removed each today. Anyone know what these were? I keep up on events and had no idea we were earning them.

You weren't earning them, those are legacy tokens from a previous event, that were removed in order to prep your client for the next event.

Based on the event calendar I think this might be the "Remembrance of Pearl Harbor" event.

Spoiler

f7a21d0a-7d7b-11ee-afc7-ac162d70f4e4.jpg

• Like 1

It is over, it's just that the collected portal chips counter is not reset at the end of the event, but right before the next event starts.

This caused a lot of people to ask the same question, on both reddit and the old forum, as you did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

It is over, it's just that the collected portal chips counter is not reset at the end of the event, but right before the next event starts.

This caused a lot of people to ask the same question, on both reddit and the old forum, as you did.

Well for Cruiser Clash we actually used them so it would zero out plus the #'s were very low not 1000+/- like they took from me and clanmates. I believe this is something else. Just wish I knew what as I hate losing out on stuff I earned IF they had to be used for something vs just keeping track for something.

They could at least give us a few credits or something instead of just dumping them. So basically unless you compete whatever mission portal chips are usless and worthless.

Portal chips have been used for a few events, including cruiser clash.

Unlike things like artic tokens (which you spend in armoury), portal chips aren't actually spent.

You just have to earn a set amount to get the rewards (which were automatically given), so the chips themselves are worthless.

For example in cruiser clash earning 240 chips gave all rewards including a sc.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/cruiser-clash-competition/

Edited by Capt_Kremenski