"Deadman" Torps and Salvos

Asym

OK, you were engaged with a BOT CA in an Random Operation and got the best of him - BOOOM ! - who's next and as soon as you start to turn, a whole slew of Torps from the dead CA start chasing you !  And, your hydro never saw them ! 

Last night in a RO......we had a successful battle with a mixed order of battle and were turning to engage the next slew of ships when someone screams "Torps !" and they come out of nowhere, in the general direction of the ship we just killed.....  A full 20 seconds after their deaths and NO, how they obtained that angle of attack no one knows.

Another battle in Asymmetrical Battles.  Two BB's duking it out danger close and your win.......and, as you turn away - BLAP - a full main gun salvo hits you from a dead ship.......*what the doodle* is all you can say.

We see these ^^^^ an awful lot.  How did we get to this Deadmen can fire paradigm?  Does anyone know how the game evolved so that the BOTS have the last word all of the time.+??

• Like 3

Ghost torps have been a thing since I started back in 2016 in Co-op. The bot is long dead, you are sailing past its sinking hull, and suddenly you see torps launch (like 5 sec after it is dead not 5 mins). Total crap but it is what it is. I got an "explanation" (ie; excuse!) from WG once = server lag. Yeah...ok...a-huh...right. Also love the way bots can launch torps at angles our ships can't such as straight ahead. I have never had a dead bot shoot with the main guns though. That is a new one. Have had them shoot me off to the side when the guns are pointed straight ahead but that is as close as I have seen to shenanigans with the main guns. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asym said:

OK, you were engaged with a BOT CA in an Random Operation and got the best of him - BOOOM ! - who's next and as soon as you start to turn, a whole slew of Torps from the dead CA start chasing you !  And, your hydro never saw them ! 

Last night in a RO......we had a successful battle with a mixed order of battle and were turning to engage the next slew of ships when someone screams "Torps !" and they come out of nowhere, in the general direction of the ship we just killed.....  A full 20 seconds after their deaths and NO, how they obtained that angle of attack no one knows.

Another battle in Asymmetrical Battles.  Two BB's duking it out danger close and your win.......and, as you turn away - BLAP - a full main gun salvo hits you from a dead ship.......*what the doodle* is all you can say.

We see these ^^^^ an awful lot.  How did we get to this Deadmen can fire paradigm?  Does anyone know how the game evolved so that the BOTS have the last word all of the time.+??

Some questions come to my mind, for clarification purposes.
1.  What were the ping/lag conditions during the battle.  Could internet "lag" account for the perceived discrepancies in the timing (and sequence of events)?
2.  A salvo from the other side of a map takes several seconds to travel to a target.  Could the salvo in question have been "in the air" before the ship (that sent it) was sunk?
3.  I think the principle(s) mentioned in question #2 also apply to torpedoes in some manner.

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ghost torps have been a thing since I started back in 2016 in Co-op. The bot is long dead, you are sailing past its sinking hull, and suddenly you see torps launch (like 5 sec after it is dead not 5 mins). Total crap but it is what it is. I got an "explanation" (ie; excuse!) from WG once = server lag. Yeah...ok...a-huh...right. Also love the way bots can launch torps at angles our ships can't such as straight ahead. I have never had a dead bot shoot with the main guns though. That is a new one. Have had them shoot me off to the side when the guns are pointed straight ahead but that is as close as I have seen to shenanigans with the main guns. 

We ran into that the other night when a clan mate had a tough fight with an equal class and he prevailed.  The bad guy perished and 5 or more seconds later, that dead ship simply broadsided him taking a large amount of health....  No lag.  Great ping rates.  And, I was watching the engagement from a short distance and simply couldn't figure out what or who the heck nailed him.....>??  There was no enemy ships in that direction?? 

This deadman crap has been going on for years....  And,  many of us are sick and tired of the excuses......  I tried to contact CM and never got a response

Edited by Asym

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 6:33 PM, Asym said:

Yup, happens all the time in coop with mystery torps…. Even with hydro running and within 2-3km of the deaded ship.

Haven’t seen a post death gun salvo yet, but wouldn’t be surprised!

We feel your pain… frequently.

• Thanks 1

Haven't encountered guns from the grave yet, but I have seen bots pre-fire salvos so that they'll hit me the instant I'm "officially" spotted. Creep forward out of smoke, round the corner of an island- BAM!- lightning bolt from Thor right to the face. Sometimes I don't even see the shells, I just take a big chunk of damage seemingly out of nowhere just as my spot warning indicator appears and then detect the bot with its guns facing my way.

And then there's the suspicious timing of my torp launchers getting broken just as I pull the trigger on what would have been a sure-kill spread. Had it happen twice in a row last night- line up the shot, click, one hit takes out the launcher, smash DCP, re-aim, click, one little secondary hit breaks the launcher again. Seems to happen more often when I only have one launcher ready to fire, too- and even if I manage to get my first set of fish in the water, it'll always be the full launcher that gets broken before I can fire my second spread, rather than the freshly-emptied one.

I feel like I'm paranoid, but they really are out to get me, so...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

Haven't encountered guns from the grave yet, but I have seen bots pre-fire salvos so that they'll hit me the instant I'm "officially" spotted. Creep forward out of smoke, round the corner of an island- BAM!- lightning bolt from Thor right to the face. Sometimes I don't even see the shells, I just take a big chunk of damage seemingly out of nowhere just as my spot warning indicator appears and then detect the bot with its guns facing my way.

And then there's the suspicious timing of my torp launchers getting broken just as I pull the trigger on what would have been a sure-kill spread. Had it happen twice in a row last night- line up the shot, click, one hit takes out the launcher, smash DCP, re-aim, click, one little secondary hit breaks the launcher again. Seems to happen more often when I only have one launcher ready to fire, too- and even if I manage to get my first set of fish in the water, it'll always be the full launcher that gets broken before I can fire my second spread, rather than the freshly-emptied one.

I feel like I'm paranoid, but they really are out to get me, so...

It’s not paranoid if they really ARE out to get you 🙂