How did you do with your Artic Tokens?

Helstrem

What did you use your Artic Tokens on?  What were your results with that choice?

I did do the Premium pass that month so I had 100 extra Arctic Tokens, 250 in total.  I was not really impressed with any of the options to spend them.  After reviewing my options I decided to go with 5 Premium Black Friday boxes, figuring that it would give me a better than even chance of getting a ship, even if that ship was most likely to be a duplicate of a ship I already had.  I got very lucky with my choice as the first one had Kearsarge B in it, and I don't have Kearsarge.  It wouldn't have been my first choice, I'd rather have had Mainz B, Assasio B or Black B, but at least it was one I didn't have.  My third box had Massachusetts B, which was a duplicate of a ship I already had, but at least that also got me 2500 doubloons via the mission you get when you have the standard version already and it will be another Tier VIII for annual and holiday rewards.  Because the two ships came in the first three boxes, the 100 tokens from the Premium Battlepass didn't really contribute to the outcome, but I didn't buy the Premium Battlepass for the tokens so that is fine.

all bf prem crates. nothing in it. BUT.... i got a random sc. with dubs. went for a prem bf crate, got me brandenburg b. with few on top from here and there ingame a 2nd one. black b.

... but the tokens been nothing 8894B97F-00ED-4D27-B896-7EC868D4089E.gifD4250899-7637-4DB1-9393-24C11B63FACC.gifSmile_child.gif.0b199ec81e8677d9efc20b2f

• Like 3

I used the first batch I built up and got some BF Premium crates, Got Brandenburg B out of them (3 or 4 crates forget how many now). Ended up getting all this year's B ships, and had all previous years, so stopped getting those with the tokens. Grabbed a few Pumpkins (got a Water World perma for Kleber) and one of those Captain ones (got Red Freedom - yay another 10pt RU Capt I have no use for - 10pt RU Capt #24 in my reserves).

• Like 1

I was tempted to go for the German containers, as I'm only missing Brandenburg of that lot and I'd rather have that than a Sims B...

...but I couldn't pass on the chance of getting "black Black".

Out of 5 BF crates, I got 3 ships: Graf Zeppelin B, Pommern B and Kaga B, the last one being the only duplicate. Yes, I'm pleased.

• Like 1

I think I blew all mine so far (I should get one more tomorrow) on BF crates; didn't get any ships from them specifically, but I did get this year's new additions from some others.

• Like 1

Prem crates for me as well. First crate had Alaska B and with already having Alaska, I received the 2500 gold mission. I also did this early in the event so I got an additional 2500 gold thanks to WG mistake 🙂 

I blew all the gold on battle pass for two months and secured enough steel to finish off the grind to FDR.

• Like 1

I took the late spring all the way up to the anniversary off from the game. Now you may ask why I am bringing this up.

Well I got the email return for the anniversary and do a 15 win mission and get a tier 5 ship for free.

I got the Agincourt from the tier 5 premium crate.

Since then I got the Tone for 500 doubloons from the first step of a random bundle, Azuma (I don't remember how I got her), and the Scharnhorst B out of a Black Friday Crate with artic tokens(Edit: I had the Scharnhorst so I did the 2500 doubloon mission. A couple of days after finishing that mission, it showed back up as something I could complete. I checked with customer service and they informed me there was a bug that made it so I had the mission again. They informed me that I could finish the mission a second time to get 2500 doubloons again.), I have right now an offer for the Picardie for 1500 doubloons as the first step of the present random bundle.

I have not spent any money and had like 1500 doubloons on my account when I came back. My point of bringing all of this up is, it feels weird to have such great random "luck" coming back to the game. I think it is pretty sad I am in the back of my mind suspicious of such luck. I don't trust WG as far as I can sneeze them, but I do enjoy their game. 

Cirran

Edited by Cirran
  • Like 2

@Cirran, welcome to the forum and welcome back to the game.  Do enjoy the game, too. Best of luck.

• Like 1

I used the 250 tokens on the premium BF crates and received---no ships.  I had one crate with 2 million credits and four crates with blue bonuses in them.  However, just before I opened the BF crates, I received a regular SC and it contained the Orkan.  So, the day turned out pretty well.  

• Like 1

The last of my artic tokens went into another BF premium container. Hey WG would it kill you to give me a ship after all this time? And people wonder why i don't buy containers or random drops. 

20231128035323_1.jpg

• Like 1

All premium BF crates here too (will get one more when I finish the last bxp mission this week).

Couple sets of blue boosters, 2 million credits (gee, thanks WeeGee…), and Massachusetts B so far (plus 2500 doubloons from having regular Massachusetts already).

• Like 2

HI all,

I used them on "German Squadron - Premium Container"... didn't get anything... ☹️

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

I purchased commemorative flags of Black B, Iwami B, Repulse B and Brandenburg B and spend the remainder on a Black Friday container (that gave an ECXP bundle).

Not particularly interested in most of the remaining choices, hates duplicates (while it is uncertain that if another Trade-in will ever happen) and I thought I have been spending too much on WoWS recently, not to say about the lingering uncertainty on WG Belgrade.

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

I bought Black containers ... from all of them I got boosters.

With one exception:

shot-23_11.28_19_00.26-0774.thumb.jpg.89723901344f7272e58438bd4b201886.jpg

The only problem being that I don't play CVs. facepalmsmiley.gif.dc696cfbf23e3f4aab9dce896eba2993.gif

I guess, if I ever decide to try my hand at CVs ... I'm well equipped to do so now InfantSmiley.gif.36687bda30d8d2ce27edd92ce0de8954.gif

• Like 3
  • Bored 1

I spent mine on 5 premium German containers. I have the standard versions of most of the Black ships (and all the ones I particularly care for) and don’t have any desire for any duplicates, so I took my chances on the containers dropping a Brandenburg or Immelmann. No such luck, but I’m still satisfied with my haul.

• Like 2

I have used the 150 Arctic Tokens + the 100 from Premium battle pass as was the general consensus BF Premium containers the first 4 which I bought at the same time gave bosster all ok....but the last one today for the final 50 brought Cossack B + mission as I had the Cossack before , quite pleased with that. It is the first BF Premium through all years that gave me a ship though I have only bough those who could be had for missions (free) except the Dunkerque B stage bundles.

image.png.7dbaf5d978eef200fc0724c876d7f777.png 

• Like 1

I used my first 5o tokens on a premium black container and didn't get anything special so I decided to go for the german regular containers for 5 tokens apiece; I figured with more containers might come a little opportunity. I was hoping for a Z-44 in the process. The Weimar had dropped for me in a SC a couple weeks ago but I ended up getting the Brandenburg which I thought is pretty lucky given they weren't premium containers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

The only problem being that I don't play CVs. facepalmsmiley.gif.dc696cfbf23e3f4aab9dce896eba2993.gif

Join the club..  I have 24 CVs.

Almost all through crates etc.

Play them MAYBE once a patch but only IF NB or Missions need one.

Keep them all though so you don't waste another RNG Ship drop and get them again.

Took a while to learn that one. Once I stopped selling ships off I began to collect the RARE ships in Crates.

• Like 2

Three lots of fourteen blue boosters - two credit, one ship XP.

Almost all the black ships I could have got would have been duplicates; the exceptions I can think of are Chkalov and Brandenburg. I honestly couldn't think of how I would set up the Black duplicates that I don't already have to be significantly different from the primary ships. 

• Like 1

I earned enough for one premium black Friday crate...

...got experience booster....which is worthless to me.

Thanks, WG!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 4:41 PM, Helstrem said:

What did you use your Artic Tokens on?  What were your results with that choice?

I did do the Premium pass that month so I had 100 extra Arctic Tokens, 250 in total.  I was not really impressed with any of the options to spend them.  After reviewing my options I decided to go with 5 Premium Black Friday boxes, figuring that it would give me a better than even chance of getting a ship, even if that ship was most likely to be a duplicate of a ship I already had.  I got very lucky with my choice as the first one had Kearsarge B in it, and I don't have Kearsarge.  It wouldn't have been my first choice, I'd rather have had Mainz B, Assasio B or Black B, but at least it was one I didn't have.  My third box had Massachusetts B, which was a duplicate of a ship I already had, but at least that also got me 2500 doubloons via the mission you get when you have the standard version already and it will be another Tier VIII for annual and holiday rewards.  Because the two ships came in the first three boxes, the 100 tokens from the Premium Battlepass didn't really contribute to the outcome, but I didn't buy the Premium Battlepass for the tokens so that is fine.

I spent them all on Black Friday containers, I got nothing useful at all but it is what it is at the end of the day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I spent them all on Black Friday containers, I got nothing useful at all but it is what it is at the end of the day.

Sometimes you play World of Warships...sometimes, World of Warships plays you.

🙂

It's like a box of chocolates...you never know what you are going to get.

Etc.

I just got out of an asymmetric battle in my Ark Royal...against 8 destroyers, a Hermes, and only 3 Battleships. Dear God was that perfect matchmaking for the Ark Royal's level bombers!

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 2