Weekend Spree, 24-26 November 2023

Ensign Cthulhu

Nothing spectacular. Did Naval Battles and some streaming. Advanced my grinds. Ran around like a mad thing taking kids to and from activities. 

10,000 BXP away from the Pozharsky. Regardless of what people say about this ship, it's still pretty good to see WG putting up a T8 premium to be won for free where the requirements aren't too onerous.

• Like 3

Similar to @Ensign Cthulhu I played and did some grinds and was a member of @Lord_Zath's division during his Twitch Stream.

I watched the "Gamera :  Rebirth" animated series on Netflix.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23730842/

While grinding CommanderXP for an in-game mission, I sailed my Béarn with "blue" economic boosters and the Béarn's Captain got promoted twice in the process.
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/armory-1210-picardie/#combat-mission-chain

Posted in various Forum topics.

Read some more chapters of the book "Black Magic Sanction" authored by Kim Harrison
https://www.harpercollins.com/products/black-magic-sanction-kim-harrison?variant=32207494184994

• Like 1

Gosh, finished the BP and the event for the POZ.   Played ASB's and RO's in our usual Division.  ASB's have an unusual deployment strategy we've yet to crack:  some matches are very difficult and others are not to strenuous?  Something is causing the differences.....  I did take a Benham into an ASB last night and that was hilarious....!  Try it !

Other than that, the weather was a mess and snow shoveling was involved.  Wet snow shoveling.  Although, if the snow lingers, hunting season becomes a might easier !

And, I finished John Ringo's Black Tide Rising again.....  A fun read.

• Like 2

Had some extra time because of Thanksgiving, so I finished off the Pozharsky mission as well as the Cherbourg perma-camo chain.  The latter took a little longer than expected when I realized that Asym Battles didn't count.  Played quite a few games on the PTS and maxed out the Community Tokens received.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Asym said:

Other than that, the weather was a mess and snow shoveling was involved.  Wet snow shoveling. 

Odd. I'm north of you and we've barely had cause to reach for the shovels yet. Of course it might be that something warm and spinny made its way up from Florida and dispensed with what might have been (we frequently get the remnants of their larger hurricanes). 

• Like 2

Nothing spectacular either. I was solo member doing NBs in my NA account (clan 1IF). Fortunate part was my one? opponent from an Asian clan won less NBs than me, lol. For EU account NBs our clan (GOM) had good participation so won rather easily there. Incredibly, saw a few decent close battles (remarkable since these are so rare now) and, as usual, had some positive roflstomps &, ofc, the obligatory more frequent (stick in your craw) pre-determined roflstomp losses. I play, mostly, fyi, solo random battles.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Odd. I'm north of you and we've barely had cause to reach for the shovels yet. Of course it might be that something warm and spinny made its way up from Florida and dispensed with what might have been (we frequently get the remnants of their larger hurricanes). 

According to those whom seem to know these things, this El Nino thingy (sp?) puts a lot of the US in 200% plus more snow while, the North and West are dry.  Maybe, they are right for a change.  Saturday set records.  And, my back can confirm that.

image.png.e138a3cc9e9371a55495af7522a42bb3.png  for once, maybe the weather staff got it right>?

6 minutes ago, Asym said:

for once, maybe the weather staff got it right>?

Even a stopped clock can be right twice a day?  🙂 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Similar to @Ensign Cthulhu I played and did some grinds and was a member of @Lord_Zath's division during his Twitch Stream.

I watched the "Gamera :  Rebirth" animated series on Netflix.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23730842/

While grinding CommanderXP for an in-game mission, I sailed my Béarn with "blue" economic boosters and the Béarn's Captain got promoted twice in the process.
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/armory-1210-picardie/#combat-mission-chain

Posted in various Forum topics.

Read some more chapters of the book "Black Magic Sanction" authored by Kim Harrison
https://www.harpercollins.com/products/black-magic-sanction-kim-harrison?variant=32207494184994

So you are using Blue boosters as low as T6?

Interesting but you are maybe so good with Bearn so that it works.

Personally despite having many boosters I do not go under T7 preferably T8 for blue. If I want to grind a captain for a T6 ship with blue boosters I probably use a t8-10.

Green boosters is for me the max to t6 (or T7). It is only when in dire need that I might deviate. But I do use blue (and a few red) in asymmetric.   

• Like 1

My weekend was finishing the regrind of the Grozovoi line, around 170 K in the Udaloi in Asymmetric (blue XP Boosters), quite OK to play in that mode.

In the process Udalois captain reached 21.

Also finished the Vauquelin T7 in asymmetric to the horror of my teammates and played through Hipper mostly in Asymmetric with average results, it is a ship that is difficult to have impact in.

Also finished the Arctic tokens campaign.

Edited by Gnirf

7 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

So you are using Blue boosters as low as T6?

Interesting but you are maybe so good with Bearn so that it works.

Personally despite having many boosters I do not go under T7 preferably T8 for blue. If I want to grind a captain for a T6 ship with blue boosters I probably use a t8-10.

Green boosters is for me the max to t6 (or T7). It is only when in dire need that I might deviate. But I do use blue (and a few red) in asymmetric.   

The Captain of my Bearn needed training anyway, so it was multitasking as far as I was concerned.
Captain training & in-game mission(s).  He started the day with 10 skill points and finished with 12 skill points.
I didn't track his progress more precisely than that.

11 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The Captain of my Bearn needed training anyway, so it was multitasking as far as I was concerned.
Captain training & in-game mission(s).  He started the day with 10 skill points and finished with 12 skill points.
I didn't track his progress more precisely than that.

Yes I can see that. My favourite is also multitasking when I grind a captain and play ranked. I rather also use Blue elite XP on the higher captain points as they are so long grinds, especially 20 and 21. The lower points up to say 17-18 you somewhat feels you gain a point now and then. Last ranked season was perfect T8 where I played Lenin, Alabama Massachussets, did a lot of grinding then even Kii I used a little so my captain grinding often are determined on current ranked or as for now asymmetric. T7 ranked is atm not so useful for me, but i have grinded some in Vaquelin and Yorck. Nagatos XP fot the new T8 also. 

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Yes I can see that. My favourite is also multitasking when I grind a captain and play ranked. I rather also use Blue elite XP on the higher captain points as they are so long grinds, especially 20 and 21. The lower points up to say 17-18 you somewhat feels you gain a point now and then. Last ranked season was perfect T8 where I played Lenin, Aalabama Massachussets, did a lot of grinding then even Kii I used a little so my captain grinding often are determined on current ranked or as for now asymmetric. T7 ranked is atm not so useful for me, but i have grinded some in Vaquelin and Yorck. Nagatos XP fot the new T8 also. 

I forgot to mention one of the missions I was working on had the Cherbourg permanent camouflage as a reward.
While working this mission chain and the Voyage to the North Pole mission chain, I felt it was appropriate for my French ships to do the heavy lifting.  🙂 
Depending upon the specific mission tasks, various ships were utilized. 
But, for grinding tens of thousands of CXP for one of the missions, training the Bearn's Captain seemed like a win/win effort.

• Like 1

Finally bought my Henri IV, took longer than anticipated.  But, it seems decent enough, kind of like an upgraded St-Louis.

• Like 2