Cant edit my posts

That WoT Player

I had made a topic in the general discussion about a line of cruisers I thought would be a neat addition to the game, but had to rush the post because of a real world task. Now that I'm back, I can't seem to edit my post to add in the details I wanted too beforehand. Is there a limit on how many times we can edit our posts, or some kind of glitch? 

Thank in advance. 

As far as a limit to edit posts.  I'll have to run that up to the top floor.  Will get back on this topic soon.

31 minutes ago, That WoT Player said:

I had made a topic in the general discussion about a line of cruisers I thought would be a neat addition to the game, but had to rush the post because of a real world task. Now that I'm back, I can't seem to edit my post to add in the details I wanted too beforehand. Is there a limit on how many times we can edit our posts, or some kind of glitch? 

Thank in advance. 

What happens when you try to edit? Are you seeing the edit options? Can you see the 3 dots (kebob) on the right of your post that give you the options to edit?

image.thumb.png.9483f3f841771b1f01047b75475e0b26.png

• 4 months later...
On 8/22/2023 at 5:48 AM, I_cant_Swim_ said:

There's a 180 min limit to edits.

Is that necessary? I suppose it's for flame wars (cringe) but some threads that require updating a list with new info in the original post could be better if edited than having it buried several pages down in a reply.

Edited by xamdam

@xamdam you are replying to a very old and outdated post. The current editing timelimit for members is 48 hours, i believe. Later edits, if important, can be requested through moderators. The limit is in place to ensure integrity of a thread (not just the post) and to reduce the moderation burden for staff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

@xamdam you are replying to a very old and outdated post. The current editing timelimit for members is 48 hours, i believe. Later edits, if important, can be requested through moderators. The limit is in place to ensure integrity of a thread (not just the post) and to reduce the moderation burden for staff. 

Okay, thanks! Good to know and makes sense. Will keep it in mind.