Do we need XP on Nagato in order to get Yumihari next update?

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

I must say that I forgot how this usually goes because in all previous similar evens I got the 1st ship in new line in early access... but this time around the price was prohibitive... 😬

Leo "Apollo11"

Hi all,

And how much XP?

120K+ ?

Unfortunately we no longer have the "WoWs Fitting Tool" and calculator there... 😪

Leo "Apollo11"

Yes. I occasionally play a game with a Nagato to work up an XP pool to be better prepared (as in have less to do later) for the Yumihari  launch.

@Leo_Apollo11 I want to work up about 100K. The rest I'll spend FXP on.

30 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

And how much XP?

120K+ ?

Unfortunately we no longer have the "WoWs Fitting Tool" and calculator there... 😪

Leo "Apollo11"

Accessing to the WoWS Wiki, the Yumihari will require 140k XP to research.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Yes.

For these high tier splits, I always regrind the ship that is going to be the branch point if it's obvious what that ship is going to be. Just in case I'm not able to get it in early release. On previous occasions things have gone well - e.g. I reground the Colorado but the Kansas was an easy directives goal, so in hindsight the grind wasn't needed (although I eventually used the XP I'd accumulated to get the Nebraska!!)- but this is not always going to be so, and I like to take out insurance.

Sometimes the branch ship is easy to guess, but other times it might not be - e.g. tech-tree submarines proceed from the DD at the same tier, not the tier below - and you have to resort to things like checking which of your ships has lost its elite status. 

Previous experience has shown me that the exact XP necessary is posted in the WOWS Wiki in the second patch of the pre-release event, and the tech tree and equipment screen also provide useful clues as to where the branch is and how much XP is needed. Until then, you can pace the grind on the basis of existing tech-tree ships of the same type  - and the same nation, if it's a line split - at the same tier, and add 10% as a margin until the official figure comes out. The sooner you start this, the less you have to do per day. For the record, it's currently 15,556 XP per day from now until the end of the patch if you want to get Yumihari on day 1 and you are starting with no XP currently on Nagato. That being said, you can grind her a little each day throughout snowflake season and then grab the Yumihari right at the end if you so choose. 

For completely new tech trees in new nations, or for trees that are going to start or branch at low tier, it's a much safer bet that you can get at least a couple of ships in early release and work them up as normal. 

I've had 140K XP on Nagato for weeks now, because I got an early start (practically as soon as the split was announced, well before even the early-bird release). Nothing in this game is more important than reading the news and the dev blogs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crucis said:

Accessing to the WoWS Wiki, the Yumihari will require 140k XP to research.  

I have been playing it on the Public Test Server.

In my opinion, you are not missing much if you decide not to get it. The guns do not deal as much damage as WG implies they would. Hard to get citadels on other BBs and heavy cruisers, even with the extra accuracy. You would be better off treating it like a heavy cruiser and using only HE.

I think it would become a port queen for many players.

I do have plenty of ship XP on the Nagato for it, but I am of two minds as to whether to get it. I enjoy the proper BB line in this tech tree and think this branch is not really worth the grinding.

A lot of ships that WG has released over the past six months are disappointing, in my humble opinion.

Edited by majmac
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I must say that I forgot how this usually goes because in all previous similar evens I got the 1st ship in new line in early access... but this time around the price was prohibitive... 😬

Leo "Apollo11"

Yes, you need the XP on Nagato to get Yumihari. Any time you are in a situation like this you can look in the tech tree. It will show you which ships you have to research to get others. There is a line coming off Nagato that goes to Yumihari. That means you need XP on Nagato to get it.

spacer.png

I managed to get enough tokens to get Yumihari in early access and ended up with the T9 Adatara too as I really wanted the dragon camos. I managed to get enough XP on it so I am ready to get the T10 when the line goes live. If you go to the wiki it will show you how much XP you need for the T8. Someone else already posted it (140K) but here is the link (the wiki for ships is a good resource so save the link to it).

General Wiki: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Main_Page (enter ship name in upper right search window)

Yumihari Wiki Page: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Yumihari

The T8 and T9 aren't horrible but they aren't very good either. Guns are ok but the armor is suspect and man they handle like drunken slugs LOL.

spacer.png

GL with your grind.

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, majmac said:

The guns do not deal as much damage as WG implies they would.

IIRC Yumihari has 410's and the 457's don't start until Tier 9. I've played her on the PTS and done quite okay. She's essentially a faster Nagato, and a logical progression from her predecessor.

15 hours ago, majmac said:

I have been playing it on the Public Test Server.

In my opinion, you are not missing much if you decide not to get it. The guns do not deal as much damage as WG implies they would. Hard to get citadels on other BBs and heavy cruisers, even with the extra accuracy. You would be better off treating it like a heavy cruiser and using only HE.

I think it would become a port queen for many players.

I do have plenty of ship XP on the Nagato for it, but I am of two minds as to whether to get it. I enjoy the proper BB line in this tech tree and think this branch is not really worth the grinding.

A lot of ships that WG has released over the past six months are disappointing, in my humble opinion.

37 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

IIRC Yumihari has 410's and the 457's don't start until Tier 9. I've played her on the PTS and done quite okay. She's essentially a faster Nagato, and a logical progression from her predecessor.

I have Commanders who are in need of a ship.  So I plan to get the ships.
Thanks for sharing your experiences & impressions, both of you.  🙂 

19 hours ago, majmac said:

Everything I’ve seen and heard about her makes her seem much more like a tier 7.5 vs. a tier VIII, which also fits with her design being essentially an elongated Nagato. I’m building up XP on Nagato but expect to be disappointed.

It’s a shame WG is so married to the idea of setting up these types of splits at tier VIII. A Yumihari without the spotter gimmick would likely have fit at tier VII as a CC counterpart to Nagato with only a few adjustments, while also allowing for the addressing of a long-standing discontinuity in the original Japanese BB line by shifting Amagi to the new battlecruiser line. Tosa would be a much better fit in Amagi’s current position between Nagato and Izumo.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Confused 1

On 11/26/2023 at 11:29 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Yes you will, assume it'll cost the same as Amagi does.

Working my way to Yumhari with Nagato, which is my best BB in general regarding results. I see it as big advantage that I'm "forced" to use her. 

Skjermbilde 2023-11-29 143358.png

Skjermbilde 2023-11-29 143406.png

Edited by OT2_2
  • Like 1

Hi all,

On 11/29/2023 at 3:55 PM, yss_turtleship said:

You can use Shiptool to calculate XP. 
https://shiptool.st/nations?n=A

image.png.2093f7158a108695e5c61b5b12c5ec94.png

Much obliged!

BTW, I had just six (6) Ranked battles with "Blue Boosters "and got 145K XP... it was quick and easy... 😀

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

BTW, I had just six (6) Ranked battles with "Blue Boosters "and got 145K XP... it was quick and easy... 😀

Leo "Apollo11"

Good job!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

BTW, I had just six (6) Ranked battles with "Blue Boosters "and got 145K XP... it was quick and easy...

Very nice.

• Like 1