Godzilla vs King Kong? High School Fleet? They recycling old ideas?

BCGrog

They are having trouble developing anything new that needs some significant effort.

https://t.bilibili.com/866561814377267205

Bulletin from WoWS Community Contributor "UoCat" in Chinese language.

Also one may read about this post:

https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=38338215

Original source from a Chinese WoWS gaming forum, though most relevant original information are screenshots in English.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Bored 1

Desperate cash grab. They not only lost their Russian skilled staff, they also lost the ones in Ukraine and Belorussia. They had started buying buildings to start a studio in Latvia, but the locals came to hate Russians so much and even more now, it is most likely unusable.

Now they have all new programmers trying to figure out a probably poorly documented legacy system, and trying to not accidentally cripple the game with some error. Just yesterday we saw a bug in the game that was causing ships to hang and stutter. 

Add in that former staff probably have the entire source code, I bet all kinds of hacks and malicious hacks are coming. The former king of cheats warpack was made by former staff and staff were even caught using cheats in game.

It's going to be a good solid year of copy paste trash, or they will continue to pay Lesta large amounts for their improvements.

I bet people quit weekly once they see the workload expected of them.

Edited by Subtle_Octavian
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Desperate cash grab. They not only lost their Russian skilled staff, they also lost the ones in Ukraine and Belorussia. They had started buying buildings to start a studio in Latvia, but the locals came to hate Russians so much and even more now, it is most likely unusable.

Now they have all new programmers trying to figure out a probably poorly documented legacy system, and trying to not accidentally cripple the game with some error. Just yesterday we saw a bug in the game that was causing ships to hang and stutter. 

Add in that former staff probably have the entire source code, I bet all kinds of hacks and malicious hacks are coming. The former king of cheats warpack was made by former staff and staff were even caught using cheats in game.

It's going to be a good solid year of copy paste trash, or they will continue to pay Lesta large amounts for their improvements.

I bet people quit weekly once they see the workload expected of them.

I experienced that bug yesterday, i was wondering if it was a problem with my system or a server problem, thx for the info.

Recycling old ideas isn't bad, however I think the way WG implement it is bad.

HSF event is almost irreverent to the general player apart from the 2,000,000 credit pack, other than that it is all about dub and money. Maybe this is the way WG to extend the contract to use the HSF port scene so it doesn't go away like the ARP one?

Not to mention Gozilla and Kong, it is straight up spend money or you can ignore it.

The dev didn't bother to make a mission chain for the general players to "celebrate" the event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

They do that every year and that's not bad. This time we can earn a free premium container with 12% chance for camo for BC or Amagi. I prefer this over no event

• Bored 2

7 minutes ago, ReDiR20 said:

They do that every year and that's not bad. This time we can earn a free premium container with 12% chance for camo for BC or Amagi. I prefer this over no event

The previous GvKK collab happened in 2021.

And AFAIK, collab events didn't happen in a chain like recently before.

12 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

The previous GvKK collab happened in 2021.

And AFAIK, collab events didn't happen in a chain like recently before.

This is not the first rerun of the GvK collaboration. We had one in 2022 as well, it being memorable because there was a bit of a dry spell in regards to collaborations because of complications surrounding real-world events. The previously announced and hyped-up Hotwheels collaboration that was to drop in March 2022 vanished without a trace, and the 2nd phase of the Hololive collab (for which all the assets and even voice clips were leaked in spring 2022) ended up being delayed by a year. We had the return of AL (after skipping 2021) and more Transformers and GvK in 2022.

I agree that this current string of back-to-back/overlapping collaboration events (ARP, HSF, GvK) is unusual though.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

While a bit of 'sweating the assets' has been par for the course for as long as I've been playing WOWS, I imagine we'll see a much higher proportion of that sort of thing for the time being.

As alluded to above, the attack on Ukraine has resulted in all sorts of fallout for WG (much of which we know about) and they're apparently having trouble rebuilding their creative capabilities. While they're doing that, I suspect that pretty much all we'll see is copy-paste (once they've fully exhausted all the new things that were developed before all the trouble kicked off).

• Like 2

Just now, Nevermore135 said:

I agree that this current string of back-to-back/overlapping collaboration events (ARP, HSF, GvK) is unusual though.

According to a sarcastic remark, the ability of negotiating collab deals with Western titles, parties and franchaises may be the principal advantage regarding WoWS/MK WG has over Lesta, for whose players they all become "legacy" items no longer available like the Ovechkin deal.

Lesta has also been actively making their collab deals with Russian partners. An earlier example is a collab with the Mosfilm studio focusing on a classic Leonid Gaidai comedy from the Soviet period, and currently they are running an event honoring Russian metal band Aria, with a collection, animated commander and special skin for St. Vincent.

https://korabli.su/ru/news/sales-and-events/aria-collection/

https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=38494399&rand=544

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ReDiR20 said:

...'earn a free'...

:rofl:

If you have to earn it, it is not free.

• Bored 1

9 hours ago, a252 said:

Recycling old ideas isn't bad, however I think the way WG implement it is bad.

spacer.png

Couldn't have said it better myself!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BCGrog said:

Godzilla vs King Kong? High School Fleet? They recycling old ideas?
This is getting boring.

It gives newer players a chance to "catch-up" on the collaboration events they may have missed in the past, though.  🙂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It gives newer players a chance to "catch-up" on the collaboration events they may have missed in the past, though.  🙂 

Yeah I guess that makes sense.

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Indeed.

55 minutes ago, 3LUE said:

WG seems to be over monetizing more and more. Makes you wonder what shape WG is in. 

An unhappier one than before it was forced to split for reasons beyond its control. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kalishnikat said:

No complaints here...I took a gamble, bought one $5 container and got what I wanted..Godzilla commander who now helms my Katori.

👍