The Pozharsky is TRASH

Scrubby_McScrub

Should have known that free ship would be a huge let down. 

For those that don't know, it's an AP only Kutuzov with short duration British smoke. Useless 4km torps instead of the 8km on the Kutuzov. 

If you are grinding hard for this, just don't bother. One battle was enough for me. There are quite literally no redeeming aspects of this ship. 

Edited by Scrubby_McScrub
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Some YouTuber i watched liked it, but i'm more willing to believe you, that guy isn't really reliable. It shouldn't be a surprise though, since it's free, but one more Tier VIII premium for free, you still can't complain, it's still good for snowflakes and the like.

• Like 5

I'm not surprised if she's a bit pants: freebie ship and all that (plus, of course, the original Kutuzov used to be notoriously good, so getting something like that was always unlikely)...

• Like 2

As soon as I found out she would be AP only I knew she wasn't going to be that good but she'll still be useful for the snowflake events and the like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm not going to kick a "free ship" out of my Port.  🙂 

Same here.

To many a struggling, striving newbie the Pozharsky will be their first premium, won by the sweat of their brow. They are going to feel absolutely fantastic when they get their hands on that ship. The least the older hands can do is give them some help in playing the ship to the best of its ability, not point and laugh and mock the ship because she isn't identical to her ultrabanned near-sister...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Some YouTuber i watched liked it, but i'm more willing to believe you, that guy isn't really reliable. It shouldn't be a surprise though, since it's free, but one more Tier VIII premium for free, you still can't complain, it's still good for snowflakes and the like.

Did you watch PQ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Did you watch PQ?

No, some other guy, won't name him here,  i usually don't watch his channel for personal reasons, but he had one of the first reviews out and my curiosity got the better of me.

Edited by UnrepentantSinner

I’m getting the ship . I think. Thanks to asymmetric battles being usable for the Voyage, grinding my Tier IX ships makes it a  great bonus. I’ll be happy to have it.

• Like 3

Does the Pozharsky have the same 8km smoke firing detection as the Kutuzov?  If so, the Poz will be a little painful to play. 

18 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

the same 8km smoke firing detection as the Kutuzov?

7.67km, so yea. The more painful part imo is the 25mm arming threshold and 50-65 degree ricochet angles, not much ability to damage DDs compared to other pure AP cruisers like UK CLs and Hampshire.

• Like 4

It might be good for scenarios, and that's about it. 

As soon as you see a ship is restricted to one kind of ammunition or has the second type of  ammunition with incredibly nerfed stats, you know to avoid it.

• Like 2

Trash or treasure matter not;  free is free....  Another snowflake ship you play once a year for something that is "more free" stuff....... 

Our host couldn't put together a "meaningful" event if the fate of the entire world depended on it......  Nor, do they even think about new players beyond what they might spend....  Oy vey.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Asym said:

Trash or treasure matter not;  free is free....  Another snowflake ship you play once a year for something that is "more free" stuff....... 

They keep nerfing the rewards enjoy that whole 500 coal or whatever it is this year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

Should have known that free ship would be a huge let down. 

For those that don't know, it's an AP only Kutuzov with short duration British smoke. Useless 4km torps instead of the 8km on the Kutuzov. 

If you are grinding hard for this, just don't bother. One battle was enough for me. There are quite literally no redeeming aspects of this ship. 

It is still a free ship for snowflakes and usable in coop. I have many ships so snowflake and portqueen. Have Kutuzov so no playing need for this ship. But any free ship is a ship and for those with F2P accounts and are new a T8 premium is still of some use. Maybe it gets buffed in the future. There are many ships that I never play because I do not need them and they are too "bad" or just boring. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

They keep nerfing the rewards enjoy that whole 500 coal or whatever it is this year.

T8 is steel still.

• Like 2

I gotta say I am disappointed. I was under the impression she would get improved angles and pen like Tallinn/Bagration to offset her lack of HE, and was excited to get a ship that might turn out excellent for Ops. Turns out she doesn't, which of course kinda screws her. Maybe they will buff her someday in that regard. She IS russian after all...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks very good from the tools it has. No HE means that average potato will struggle because they can't set fires from max ranges. 

• Like 1

Well in radnoms expectedly meh because it hard to do effecve shots on angled targets...

But in OPS where bots like to sail broadside not so shaby 😉

shot-23.11.25_13.55.57-0231.jpg

shot-23.11.25_13.55.50-0947.jpg

shot-23.11.25_13.56.15-0794.jpg

shot-23.11.25_13.56.20-0322.jpg

Edited by Yedwy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Asym said:

Our host couldn't put together a "meaningful" event if the fate of the entire world depended on it......  Nor, do they even think about new players beyond what they might spend....  Oy vey.

8 hours ago, Gnirf said:

It is still a free ship for snowflakes and usable in coop. I have many ships so snowflake and portqueen. Have Kutuzov so no playing need for this ship. But any free ship is a ship and for those with F2P accounts and are new a T8 premium is still of some use. Maybe it gets buffed in the future. There are many ships that I never play because I do not need them and they are too "bad" or just boring. 

2 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Free is free. Can't complain about that.

Free is free.

Technically not free, or I would have one...

...but it's certainly low cost (it's a reward for playing enough) relative to other premiums...

...which means it's not surprising that the ship isn't overpowered.

• Like 2

I finished my third mission yesterday and didn't get the ship so I can't tell if it's garbage or not. Mission tab says I've only completed two out of the three required which is totally false.

4 minutes ago, Paladin1954 said:

I finished my third mission yesterday and didn't get the ship so I can't tell if it's garbage or not. Mission tab says I've only completed two out of the three required which is totally false.

You are sure about what you are saying?

Voyage to the North Pole consists of 8 stages with 5 individual missions each and I cannot figure out what are you talking about.

9 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

It might be good for scenarios, and that's about it. 

As soon as you see a ship is restricted to one kind of ammunition or has the second type of  ammunition with incredibly nerfed stats, you know to avoid it.

if you could pick the scenario then maybe.... but since WG has gone back on their word (again) we've lost that option....

I haven't played the ship yet or even seen a review, but I already know what the problem is...

It does have improved angles and the best non-Elbing 6" pen in the game, but it's also been crippled with standard fuse times meaning shooting at DDs will be an exercise in overpen frustration.... and then add angled everything else to that list. 

So...if you draw Aegis you'll do OK, but draw Cherry.... not so much.

For randoms... it will depend on how much paid actors are playing...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

I gotta say I am disappointed. I was under the impression she would get improved angles and pen like Tallinn/Bagration to offset her lack of HE, and was excited to get a ship that might turn out excellent for Ops. Turns out she doesn't, which of course kinda screws her. Maybe they will buff her someday in that regard. She IS russian after all...

It does.... 

As you can see from chart....  it gets 5 degree improvement which is the same as all the soviet heavy line.

As for the pen... it gets about a 1/3 improvement over Kutuzov guns which gets it close to 8" territory. 

In practice this means that you can cit cruisers (normal t6-t8 ones...not paper Omaha) beyond up to 13-15km range where all other 6" cruiser guns normally can't beyond 10km...

image.thumb.png.acc11be44e22b1ed3fb5b1bc297117d7.pngimage.thumb.png.acc11be44e22b1ed3fb5b1bc297117d7.png

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1