Heads up asymmetric battles.

Andrewbassg

On NA has already started, on Eu will start tomorrow. Played a bit and a couple of things, there is a time limit, and the rewards seem kinda.... meagre. 

https://imgur.com/5ecd46e3-2e5c-4a5b-b402-7ba5257cc321

90K 4 killls and I didn't break 1k. I've got 800-ish BXP.

Also after 4 battles I've yet to encounter Domination, only Standard ( only two caps, the two given bases.) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just tried one with the Massachusetts. Perhaps not as rewarding as I recall the last time, but not too bad:

image.thumb.png.9cf58073b6a7d204125c1f7b3966bad9.png

image.png.f2b1a7781d305dacade8085651bddb88.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

actually, with a cruiser between me and the bots, they were shooting over the cruiser  at me!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

actually, with a cruiser between me and the bots, they were shooting over the cruiser  at me!

Man, there's no middle ground for love & hate 😛

• Haha 3

The rewards for Assymetric Battles seem fine in my experience so far.

The only real thing worth complaining about is that so many currently active missions exclude the battle type, but WG will be WG. *shrug*

Just now, Nevermore135 said:

The rewards for Assymetric Battles seem fine in my experience so far.

The only real thing worth complaining about is that so many currently active missions exclude the battle type, but WG will be WG. *shrug*

But are some included or none at all? 

52 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Just tried one with the Massachusetts. Perhaps not as rewarding as I recall the last time, but not too bad:

Yes. Sec babbies, unsurprisingly,  will gonna do well. Also the Massa is  T8 and you were paired with 2 T9's which means the tier difference "penalty" affected you less.

Edited by Andrewbassg

5 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

But are some included or none at all? 

The only missions currently active in my game that you can complete in Asymmetric Battles are the Battle Pass missions.

The new Thanksgiving mission chain? The French event (Cherbourg camo) missions? The ongoing North Pole event, the last (and most grindy) stage of which becomes active tomorrow and runs only until Dec 1? Those all exclude Assymetric Battles.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 3

I am still waiting to see if WG will bother adding asymmetric mode into current missions like north pole campaign or create a weekly community token mission.

Otherwise there is not too much incentive for me to do asymmetric

• Like 1

Just had a bit of a nail-biter. I was the last ship (Vladivostok), against 3 reds. 2 BBs and a DD. Red DD was in our cap, and I had to stop him. I got the 2 BBs (a Bismarck and a QE) with a bit of health left and was close to entering our cap as the DD won it.

2 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The only missions currently active in my game that you can complete in Asymmetric Battles are the Battle Pass missions.

The new Thanksgiving mission chain? The French event (Cherbourg camo) missions? The ongoing North Pole event, the last (and most grindy) stage of which becomes active tomorrow and runs only until Dec 1? Those all exclude Assymetric Battles.

Yeah? Noice....good to know. I didn't even noticed, finishing some  grind....

1 minute ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Just had a bit of a nail-biter. I was the last ship (Vladivostok), against 3 reds. 2 BBs and a DD. Red DD was in our cap, and I had to stop him. I got the 2 BBs (a Bismarck and a QE) with a bit of health left and was close to entering our cap as the DD won it.

I had one of those too :(  Two teammates died quickly and the rest followed suit. I was alone against 2 Bb's a DD and a cv  (yay) 6 Kills 209K 30 planes and Ive got 802 BXP. 😞 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

So, the bots still hate Cruisers above anything else?

From what I have seen, Cruisers have been putting themselves in a position to be targeted and deleted.
But I've also seen some poor play by BBs as well. Many seem to be hanging back and sniping, where the red team holds all three caps. I even saw a Kearsarge parked behind an island because 'its a CV'.....

I also had someone (already sunk) yell at me (i'm in a sub) to Cap the zone I am in, even though there are 2 BBs and a Cruiser above my position.
Because I wouldn't cap, I am a 'noob'.
So, as it was going to be a loss, I surfaced and got clapped. Told him in chat: 'OK, I tried to cap and died to the ships sitting in the cap zone? Happy?'

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I had one of those too :(  Two teammates died quickly and the rest followed suit. I was alone against 2 Bb's a DD and a cv  (yay) 6 Kills 209K 30 planes and Ive got 802 BXP. 😞 

I had one in my Seattle earlier where I got 10 defense ribbons (boy I wish it was tomorrow ... that would've been half the defense ribbon mission requirement right there!), and did 150,000 damage only to get 990 base xp.

I think the base xp earns could be a bit higher, same with credits.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

I think the base xp earns could be a bit higher, same with credits.

BXP earnings  are dependent on team composition and battlemode. If top tier. one can get bots even 3 tiers lower, which will yield less. If not Domination, then there are no caps to get, again less BXP.  :(   

After 5 Standard battles finally l've got one Domination, not top tier and with 4 kills, 135K and a solo cap I've got 1400 BXP.

19 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

got 10 defense ribbons 

Wedgie nerfed the rewards for those  😞....

Edited by Andrewbassg

42 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The Twitch mission can be done in AB also.

Fresh report from the front: Never seen this before... Again in a Vlad, 1 DD on team (Z-31). Reds had no DDs. Our DD tailed me, instead of spotting or going for caps... Actually, I slowed almost to a halt once, and he slowed down too behind me! lol.

Yeah, and the BXP is not huge.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

So, the bots still hate Cruisers above anything else?

they changed the bot IA, now they target the ship with the most hp instead of the lowest.

rewards are mediocre at best and cant do a lot of missions so i dont see myself playing it in the nearby future.

I haven't been playing as much as normal for the past fortnight, for a bunch of reasons ... but things have finally settled down and with the launch of Asymmetric mode I had some time to play and the inspiration was there.

I'm just ... not sure.

I'm glad to have the mode back, there's no question about that.

I'm none too pleased that the mode doesn't contribute to the only mission-set that I'm currently interested in completing, that being the Voyage to the North Pole.

I've played four games so far, all in my GK. All four have been wins and in two I did "well" and the other two I did "ok".

The rewards are now pretty much in-line with the regular PVE rewards, and as such are rather uninspiring. They aren't BAD ... just not the kind of rewards that would tempt me to only play Asymmetric while it was available. I imagine that is what WG were aiming for.

I've seen both domination and standard.

I realise that four games is a small sample size, and I'll reserve judgement for a few days until I've played the mode a great deal more ... but to be honest, right now, Asymmetric mode seems to have lost a bit of whatever sparkle it had and it's just not as enticing as it was in it's original conception.

Later on today I'll take my Salem in and see if I survive or if I get focused by the entire red team and deleted within moments of being detected. I've not seen any cruisers in my four matches thus far.

YMMV ... these are just my initial impressions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I haven't been playing as much as normal for the past fortnight, for a bunch of reasons ... but things have finally settled down and with the launch of Asymmetric mode I had some time to play and the inspiration was there.

I'm just ... not sure.

I'm glad to have the mode back, there's no question about that.

I'm none too pleased that the mode doesn't contribute to the only mission-set that I'm currently interested in completing, that being the Voyage to the North Pole.

I've played four games so far, all in my GK. All four have been wins and in two I did "well" and the other two I did "ok".

The rewards are now pretty much in-line with the regular PVE rewards, and as such are rather uninspiring. They aren't BAD ... just not the kind of rewards that would tempt me to only play Asymmetric while it was available. I imagine that is what WG were aiming for.

I've seen both domination and standard.

I realise that four games is a small sample size, and I'll reserve judgement for a few days until I've played the mode a great deal more ... but to be honest, right now, Asymmetric mode seems to have lost a bit of whatever sparkle it had and it's just not as enticing as it was in it's original conception.

Later on today I'll take my Salem in and see if I survive or if I get focused by the entire red team and deleted within moments of being detected. I've not seen any cruisers in my four matches thus far.

YMMV ... these are just my initial impressions.

Wait, they don't count towards the Voyage to the North Pole???? UGGGHHHH I was hoping to do the base xp and defense ribbons in this mode 😒

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Wait, they don't count towards the Voyage to the North Pole???? UGGGHHHH I was hoping to do the base xp and defense ribbons in this mode 😒

I'm afraid not ...

Only COOP, Randoms, OPs, Ranked and Brawl show as valid game types for Voyage missions.

It's understandable ... given that the vast majority of the time that Voyage has been running, Asymmetric mode hasn't been available.

• Sad 1

no Community Token rewards for playing the mode, doesn't count towards Getting D-Poz. Shame really, was looking forward to playing Assym again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I'm afraid not ...

Only COOP, Randoms, OPs, Ranked and Brawl show as valid game types for Voyage missions.

It's understandable ... given that the vast majority of the time that Voyage has been running, Asymmetric mode hasn't been available.

Wow that's a real bummer and now I'm very unlikely to get the ship as getting 20 defense ribbons in coop is really challenging. 

• Like 1