Mine Christmas rewards comparation 2022-2023 table

VedranSeawolf359

Mine Christmas rewards comparation 2022-2023 (with my current number of ships) in 2022 Christmas I have about 10 Tier 10 ship less for other I don't remember.

viber_slika_2023-11-21_11-27-03-897.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I don't buy lot of tier IX research ships because it is costly in credits and I don't have lot of credits + 75/80 steel don't make impact gain and difference to me.

• Like 1

I think this is still the most up to date projection we have available.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/490

The steel rewards for tiers 8 and 9 are... uninspiring, in view. In a sense, you won't lose much by skipping tier 9. However, I don't know how you can actually avoid paying for the tier 9's, if you want to get the tier X's. (Unless... you Free XP them?)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

I don't buy lot of tier IX research ships because it is costly in credits and I don't have lot of credits + 75/80 steel don't make impact gain and difference to me.

Personally, I am trying to accumulate more steel.
Coal and credits are much easier to get, (in comparison).  I occasionally purchase premium Battle Pass, in order to gain steel.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The steel rewards for tiers 8 and 9 are... uninspiring, in view. In a sense, you won't lose much by skipping tier 9. However, I don't know how you can actually avoid paying for the tier 9's, if you want to get the tier X's. (Unless... you Free XP them?)

yes I buy it and tier X with FXP or grind to tier IX and then FXP to Tier X

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I've often thought Tier 9's were the "odd child out" in this game.  Too much for the current Random Ops and they only get used occasionally for other events and crates.

I'm wondering if the expansion into RO's, sometime in the future is counter-intuitive though:  increases their revenue; but, for all practical purposes makes tier 6 and 7 RO ships NVA.....  Now, if you host was thinking ahead:  tier 6 and 7 ships would have vastly higher rewards for their use.....  Why play a ship that can't even shoot at some of them because you are 3 tiers down and hopelessly outclassed?  Now, if that was rewarded in a big way and you do your part........you should reap a greater reward than someone using 8 and 9's....  

Just a thought.  (I miss my Fabuki - but, that forces our division to Tier 7's and last night we did that for another player and it didn't work out very well.....

• Like 2

* I often sell tier VIII and IX to get credits to buy Tier X. From other side I never sell V to VII ships expect is CL Aoba CL 

Edited by HogHammer
Descriptive language edit

15 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Personally, I am trying to accumulate more steel.
Coal and credits are much easier to get, (in comparison).  I occasionally purchase premium Battle Pass, in order to gain steel.

I buy BP when final reward is good... about every second or third update...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Asym said:

I've often thought Tier 9's were the "odd child out" in this game.  Too much for the current Random Ops and they only get used occasionally for other events and crates.

I'm wondering if the expansion into RO's, sometime in the future is counter-intuitive though:  increases their revenue; but, for all practical purposes makes tier 6 and 7 RO ships NVA.....  Now, if you host was thinking ahead:  tier 6 and 7 ships would have vastly higher rewards for their use.....  Why play a ship that can't even shoot at some of them because you are 3 tiers down and hopelessly outclassed?  Now, if that was rewarded in a big way and you do your part........you should reap a greater reward than someone using 8 and 9's....  

Just a thought.  (I miss my Fabuki - but, that forces our division to Tier 7's and last night we did that for another player and it didn't work out very well.....

If random Scenario Operations were adjusted for the tier of the ships sailing into them ...  oh, wait, they already are.
The red-team 'bot ships are changed according to the ships being played on the green-team of players.

Yes, it would be nice if all tiers of ship could sail into every scenario operation ...  but, just not simultaneously.
I'm thinking that Scenarios could benefit from matchmaking brackets, if every ship could participate.
First bracket = Tier 2 & Tier 3, Second bracket = Tier 4 & Tier 5, Third bracket = Tier 6 & Tier 7 & Tier 8 (as they are now), Fourth Bracket = Tier 9 & Tier 10 & Super-Ships (Tier-11).
If they ever make a "Tier-12", then the brackets could be changed so that Tier 11 and Tier 12 are together, perhaps?  Depending on the capabilites of the ships involved, I suppose.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

* I often sell tier VIII and IX to get credits to buy Tier X. from other side I never sell V to VII ships expect is CL Aoba s*tty CL 

I'm not entirely sure of what your circumstances are, but, I'm poking my nose in anyway.  🙂 

I've been collecting ships for a while and have benefitted from some of @Ensign Cthulhu's advice on how to be thrifty and get what one wants.
People like @ArIskandir and others have been demonstrating what is possible with a "free to play" account.
Personally, I started as "free to play", but eventually decided the benefits were worth the cost and switched to using Premium Account Time a few years ago.

With patience, information and some prior proper planning, one can earn credits and eventually not worry about having enough credits to afford ships.  
It merely requires time.

Granted, as I said above, I don't know your circumstances.  You may not have much time available to play and might feel constrained by the time required to earn in-game commodities (credits, coal, steel, research points, temporary event tokens and etc.).  We all have our real-life "number one priorities" which need to be cared for.  🙂 

Still, I feel it is possible that learning how to earn credits more efficiently might help you feel better.  Which is why I tagged the two "Experts" that I know of.  🙂 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

* I often sell tier VIII and IX to get credits to buy Tier X. From other side I never sell V to VII ships expect is CL Aoba CL 

Mostly not problematic. Sometimes like with Moskva being replaced, or with the German BB, Preussen, and such cases where you have to regrind the tier X not a huge concern, though you should try to avoid selling high tier ships because you always lose credits doing that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Mostly not problematic. Sometimes like with Moskva being replaced, or with the German BB, Preussen, and such cases where you have to regrind the tier X not a huge concern, though you should try to avoid selling high tier ships because you always lose credits doing that.

And each ship that has a "snowflake" provides rewards during certain times of the year.
But, "no ship = no *snowflake* = no reward".

• Like 3

It's funny especially if you look at stell to coal conversion rate. You are basically getting tier 5 and tier 7 coal rewards at tier 8 and 9 again ...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

It's funny especially if you look at stell to coal conversion rate. You are basically getting tier 5 and tier 7 coal rewards at tier 8 and 9 again ...

Powercreepy?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

how to be thrifty and get what one wants.

One of the most important rules in the snowflake era is "Never sell a ship at Tier 5 or above." No matter how badly it sucks, no matter how awful it is, no matter how badly you need the credits for something else - in the current day and age, you can always play it in co-op to get the win for the snowflake, or use the bonus system to redeem the prizes on your garbage ships without playing them.

Sell the ship = lose half the credits. Made that mistake already; not making it again.

The only exception to this is in research bureau resets, and then the responsibility is on you to be sure that there are enough credits to buy them all back BEFORE YOU START and that you have enough time to grind or FXP in hand to get them all back again before snowflake season. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

The only justification for converting steel to coal is if a very good coal ship is being withdrawn TOMORROW and you MUST use steel to get it or miss out forever. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Many free XP past T9's. Many of us 'old timers' think T9's are just credit sinks and that many T9's are only marginally better than T8 ships and they are even worse IMO now with superships. I rarely buy a T9 ship, certainly havent purchased any lately.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Many free XP past T9's. Many of us 'old timers' think T9's are just credit sinks and that many T9's are only marginally better than T8 ships and they are even worse IMO now with superships. I rarely buy a T9 ship, certainly havent purchased any lately.

After doing the long grind of the Izumo to research the Yamato, I gained an appreciation for the Izumo.
Perhaps we merely spent time together and 'bonded' somehow? 
Or, perhaps I really did discover the ship's virtues and learn to play her well and enjoy sailing her.  🙂 

Anyway, while grinding a ship (to research the next ship) a player is earning credits and XP along with other stuff awarded during the course of one's play.

Earning, instead of spending.

Sure, if one has the assets & commodities and chooses to spend them, then that is their decision.
Everyone has their own criteria.  🙂 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

11 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

After doing the long grind of the Izumo to research the Yamato, I gained an appreciation for the Izumo.
Perhaps we merely spent time together and 'bonded' somehow? 
Or, perhaps I really did discover the ship's virtues and learn to play her well and enjoy sailing her.  🙂 

Anyway, while grinding a ship (to research the next ship) a player is earning credits and XP along with other stuff awarded during the course of one's play.

Earning, instead of spending.

Sure, if one has the assets & commodities and chooses to spend them, then that is their decision.
Everyone has their own criteria.  🙂 

There are rare cases where the t9 is better, in relative terms at least, than the t10 that follows it. I wouldn't maybe quite put Izumo and Yamato into that category, but potentially I'd say FdG and Tashkent would fit the description.

Incidentally, on PTS you can test these t9's for free. I'd recommend everyone to first take them for a spin there rather than free xp'ing them all automatically.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The only justification for converting steel to coal is if a very good coal ship is being withdrawn TOMORROW and you MUST use steel to get it or miss out forever. 

actually no ... there are more coal ships than steel ships, steel acquisition for somebody playing randoms mostly is veeeery slow compared to coal. so it is easier to focus on coal ships first using steel to get the missing coal. also there are many more things obtainable with coal (commanders, containers, signals etc.) than steel ...

22 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm not entirely sure of what your circumstances are, but, I'm poking my nose in anyway.  🙂 

I've been collecting ships for a while and have benefitted from some of @Ensign Cthulhu's advice on how to be thrifty and get what one wants.
People like @ArIskandir and others have been demonstrating what is possible with a "free to play" account.
Personally, I started as "free to play", but eventually decided the benefits were worth the cost and switched to using Premium Account Time a few years ago.

With patience, information and some prior proper planning, one can earn credits and eventually not worry about having enough credits to afford ships.  
It merely requires time.

Granted, as I said above, I don't know your circumstances.  You may not have much time available to play and might feel constrained by the time required to earn in-game commodities (credits, coal, steel, research points, temporary event tokens and etc.).  We all have our real-life "number one priorities" which need to be cared for.  🙂 

Still, I feel it is possible that learning how to earn credits more efficiently might help you feel better.  Which is why I tagged the two "Experts" that I know of.  🙂 

You see I am person with disability (cerebral palsy) and due problems in hands (Contractures)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contracture

I don't aming good as common persons and I have slow reactions so grinding for me is more difficult and take more time then for common players so I almost always buy at least tier X with FXP and often and tier IX + as I say before I am often sell tier VIII and IX for credits if I am low on it to buy tier X.

But in WoW I cannot be sad I rise my numbers of ships to 241 and I have 10 more tier X than last years (I have researched most of ships ingame trees) 😇

On my post about my city naval museums you can see how I look and walk.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

You see I am person with disability (cerebral palsy) and due problems in hands (Contractures)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contracture

I don't aming good as common persons and I have slow reactions so grinding for me is more difficult and take more time then for common players so I almost always buy at least tier X with FXP and often and tier IX + as I say before I am often sell tier VIII and IX for credits if I am low on it to buy tier X.

But in WoW I cannot be sad I rise my numbers of ships to 241 and I have 10 more tier X than last years (I have researched most of ships ingame trees) 😇

On my post about my city naval museums you can see how I look and walk.

I am glad to see you maintaining a positive attitude.  🙂 
I did not realize your game-play was affected so much by medical conditions.  Thank you for educating me.
I have enjoyed the photographs you've shared from your museum visits.  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I am glad to see you maintaining a positive attitude.  🙂 
I did not realize your game-play was affected so much by medical conditions.  Thank you for educating me.
I have enjoyed the photographs you've shared from your museum visits.  🙂 

My Cerebral Palsy affect on on commander skills which I choice (on most BB tiers and lines I use secondary build) exception is British main BB line because it have only 4x2 secondary guns... and I willing enters intro brawls...

Edited by VedranSeawolf359
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

steel acquisition for somebody playing randoms mostly is veeeery slow compared to coal. so it is easier to focus on coal ships first using steel to get the missing coal.

I used to think that way and I was proved very badly wrong.

• Like 2