Black ships don't come with a commander?

CFagan_1987

I purchased the Massachusetts Black today via doubloons (she's my first Black ship) and I didn't get a commander with her. Years ago I remember reading that Black ships came with a 10 point commander wearing some sort of snazzy black leather jacket or raincoat. I've seen pictures of these commanders too!

• Like 2

I bought Mainz B and was also surprised it came without a commander.

Yet another example of WG's miserly behaviour.

I refer to my original mantra - this is why the official forum was closed down, so there's nowhere to complain about these shenanigans.

• Like 3

Not sure if there is a general rule for this (beyond 'read the fine print'). I once bought a premium which only had a 3 point cappy, and the Black ships I've got also had none. Not really an issue for me, though, as I use the premiums to train up my TT captains who mostly have more than 10 points already. Of course, they could have added a 10 point captain for each Black ship without any hassle, buuut... they didn't. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CFagan_1987 said:

I purchased the Massachusetts Black today via doubloons (she's my first Black ship) and I didn't get a commander with her. Years ago I remember reading that Black ships came with a 10 point commander wearing some sort of snazzy black leather jacket or raincoat. I've seen pictures of these commanders too!

Armory and Premium Shop ships usually don't come with a Capt or just a 3pt one. The 10pt ones are usually only in the more expensive Premium shop bundles (like Admiral pack) for a new ship that comes out (look at Navarin as an example - the standard/base ship purchase gets a 3pt Capt in the shop while the expensive Admiral pack with all the extras has a 10pt Capt in the shop). The 10pt Capt's are usually part of ship drops from crates. If you get a B ship from a BF crate you get a 10pt Capt.

As far as those special black coat Capt's. Those special Capt's were only offered one year (2020) and as I recall they did not come with any ships you had to get them some other way (mission or buy outright - Doubloons in the Armory I "think").  I have 2 of the 4 (if they came with the ships I would have them all).

spacer.png spacer.png

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/86

phpaNLciI

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Armory and Premium Shop ships usually don't come with a Capt or just a 3pt one. The 10pt ones are usually only in the more expensive Premium shop bundles (like Admiral pack) for a new ship that comes out (look at Navarin as an example - the standard/base ship purchase gets a 3pt Capt in the shop while the expensive Admiral pack with all the extras has a 10pt Capt in the shop). The 10pt Capt's are usually part of ship drops from crates. If you get a B ship from a BF crate you get a 10pt Capt.

As far as those special black coat Capt's. Those special Capt's were only offered one year (2020) and as I recall they did not come with any ships you had to get them some other way (mission or buy outright - Doubloons in the Armory I "think").  I have 2 of the 4 (if they came with the ships I would have them all).

spacer.png spacer.png

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/86

phpaNLciI

Yes! Those were the ones I was thinking of. I didn't realize they were a one time thing for 2020, thanks for this info!

1 minute ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Yes! Those were the ones I was thinking of. I didn't realize they were a one time thing for 2020, thanks for this info!

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg

I wish we could get them every year. I think WG misses a lot of common sense ways to make $$$. People like the unique and different things like this. They could sell a butt load of them if they did a limited set each year at BF for a reasonable fee.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg

I wish we could get them every year. I think WG misses a lot of common sense ways to make $$$. People like the unique and different things like this. They could sell a butt load of them if they did a limited set each year at BF for a reasonable fee.

Yep, I know it's a minor cosmetic thing but I'm a sucker for captains wearing something other than the standard blue service uniform. I still wish I could've gotten all of those captains wearing khaki or white uniforms that were offered as part of the Pacific War web campaign event last year ... alas we could only get one captain. I got the British one and I have him on my Daring.

• Like 1

This is related to this thread's topic in a way so adding this here.

If you got all the Armory bundles to get Repulse B it was supposed to come with a 6pt Capt. Someone on Reddit posted they didn't get the Capt which got me thinking I don't recall there being a Capt on it when I 1st looked at it in Port? I checked my Reserves and nothing. I wouldn't have put it on another ship/used it as I have a lot of 10pt+ Capt's in Reserves I would use instead. So apparently I didn't get it either.

If you got Repulse B make sure you got your 6pt Capt with it. If not contact CS. 6pt Capt isn't much but it was paid for content and should be given to us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Yep, I know it's a minor cosmetic thing but I'm a sucker for captains wearing something other than the standard blue service uniform. I still wish I could've gotten all of those captains wearing khaki or white uniforms that were offered as part of the Pacific War web campaign event last year ... alas we could only get one captain. I got the British one and I have him on my Daring.

If you mean the web campaign for Missouri you could get more than 1 of those special Pacific Capt's. There were 8 total (if we are talking the same ones). I have 3 of them (haven't used the Dutch one).

spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

If you mean the web campaign for Missouri you could get more than 1 of those special Pacific Capt's. There were 8 total (if we are talking the same ones). I have 3 of them (haven't used the Dutch one).

spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Interesting ... maybe I was only able to get enough tokens for one (Brian Northcape for me).

Edited by CFagan_1987
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Preach.

WG leaves a lot of money on the table every year, I think.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Preach.

WG leaves a lot of money on the table every year, I think.

Yeah they are more interested in devising new gamble events then about "petty cash" for direct purchases of various stuff...

13 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

think of it like this,

when you buy a new car you dont get a driver with it😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

think of it like this,

when you buy a new car you dont get a driver with it😁

Depends, if you buy a car expensive enough you might get a golddigger as bonus… 🤔

• Haha 2