Anybody know why we lost 2 hours from the time change?

IfYouSeeKhaos

Most of you probably haven't noticed this because you need to be a late night player for it to be relevant...but...

Before the time change container resets (ie: 37k XP for the 3rd container) & battle pass resets occurred at 3:00 AM Pacific time..but after the time change (where clocks were reset back 1 hour) the container/battle pass reset was changed to 1:00 AM Pacific time...a 2 hour difference.

Ranked ends at midnight before the time change & that changed to 11:00 PM for the few days after the time change & then was reset to midnight the next week...

Brawls ended at 2:00 AM & changed to 1:00 AM after the time change...& stayed that way.

Used to be after brawls you would have an extra hour to jump into random or co-op to grind out any extra you may have missed if you didn't get finished in time but now brawls end at 1:00 & if you haven't finished by then you're SOL.

I don't get to hookup to play until 9:00 PM each night & depending on how the ranked & brawls go it can be tricky to get finished sometimes in 4 hours due to wins being required to finish up the Battle Pass missions (have plenty of buffs to add to get the containers finished...no problem there)...

As a note I'm a smoker that has to go outside to smoke so a bit of that time is taken up having to feed the addiction...usualy 4 hours would be plenty of time if it was just spent grinding...but alas.

Just wondering if WG mentioned anywhere why we lost the extra hour each night...& what (if any) reason was given for it.

Edit: Well... I'm just getting all sorts of badges aren't I 🙂

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Before the time change container resets (is: 37k XP for the 3rd container) & battle pass resets occurred at 3:00 AM Pacific time...but after DST (where clocks were reset back 1 hour) the container/battle pass reset was changed to 1:00 AM Pacific time...a 2 hour difference.

Just wondering if WG mentioned anywhere why we lost the extra hour each night...& what (if any) reason was given for it.

On EU they shifted the "end of game day" even more, by 3 hours:

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/17sl26e/psa_if_youre_on_eu_daily_reset_time_has_changed/

Of course this was not mentioned anywhere. Nor were any accompanying explanations provided. Classic WG "communication" failure per usual. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I noticed it earlier this week (but I'm not really sure when it started). I'm on the east coast of the USA, and I've grown accustomed to the time changes associated with Daylight Savings Time***. Usually this means an adjustment of one hour forward or back to my WoWS start time each day. I was ready for my time to change from 6AM to 5AM, but (for some reason), the clock has switched to a 4AM start time (for daily win bonuses, missions, and other things). My best guess is that something may be different this year with the way that clocks are adjusted in relation to GMT and local time. Other than that, I don't have a clue.

***For those of you who are outside of the continental USA: Twice a year, most of the US makes a one hour adjustment to the time..."Spring forward, Fall back"...to account for Daylight Savings Time. There are some states (and even parts of states) that ignore this practice. 

Edited by oldblackdog
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Most of you probably haven't noticed this because you need to be a late night player for it to be relevant...but...

Before the time change container resets (ie: 37k XP for the 3rd container) & battle pass resets occurred at 3:00 AM Pacific time..but after the time change (where clocks were reset back 1 hour) the container/battle pass reset was changed to 1:00 AM Pacific time...a 2 hour difference.

Edit: Well... I'm just getting all sorts of badges aren't I 🙂

Why is simple:  S-N-A-P  !    it was inevitable.....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

My best guess is that something may be different this year with the way that clocks are adjusted in relation to GMT and local time 

No...that's not a thing...

This is an exclusively WG troll on the community...

The rest of the planet that joins in (US ain't the only place that does this btw...but we were the original ones to do it & others followed to keep in time with our business schedule) only did the standard 1 hour switch...

Apparently (based on other comments above) EU got a 3 hour earlier change.

But as for when it happened that wasn't in question...it happened when the clocks changed.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

This is an exclusively WG troll on the community...

Well...err...umm...sometimes one wonders... 😉

One more theory: Could this have something to do with the physical location of WG's servers? If WG has moved to servers in another part of the world, could it affect the time zone adjustment? This kind of stuff is waaay over my head, but those of you who are more tech-savvy may have an idea.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

Well...err...umm...sometimes one wonders... 😉

Well...nothing to wonder about there...

They moved quite awhile ago so had plenty of time to inform everybody about the change & didn't...

That was the troll part...

You're assumption of why has merit as a hypothesis... adjusting so the reset is back to where it was before the move for them...makes sense...

but the lack of a warning was still a major troll move on their part.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@IfYouSeeKhaos @oldblackdog

Another mystery solved, buried in the 12.11 update news article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-1211-holiday-season/

Please note: With Update 12.10, we changed update release times and daily reset times for each of our servers. The latter affects the time and date at which both missions and offers start and end. The change was made in accordance with analysis which determined that these were, on average, the times of lowest player activity for each respective server.

Anyone could have come up with this justification in less than 5 minutes and added it to the 12.10 article. Why they did not include the details is beyond me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NMA101 said:

Why they did not include the details is beyond me.

I have a feeling (and it's only a feeling) that there is a bit of disorganization & confusion in WoWS-land these days. With all the changes (moving offices, hiring new staff, etc., etc.), they may not have enough people double-checking the details when new stuff is put in the game. 

12.11 will have lots of moving parts, so I won't be surprised to see some frustrating gremlins creeping in. 

7 hours ago, NMA101 said:

Another mystery solved, buried in the 12.11 update news article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-1211-holiday-season/

Anyone could have come up with this justification in less than 5 minutes and added it to the 12.10 article. Why they did not include the details is beyond me.

1st thing I thought when it was the top highlighted notification in this update article...4 weeks later...

(Edit: Now that I reread this...it wouldn't have taken 5 minutes to come up with it...if it was the actual reason it would have been a known factor before they changed it...so they could have even given a heads up...

Before they changed it).

7 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

I have a feeling (and it's only a feeling) that there is a bit of disorganization & confusion in WoWS-land these days. With all the changes (moving offices, hiring new staff, etc., etc.), they may not have enough people double-checking the details when new stuff is put in the game. 

12.11 will have lots of moving parts, so I won't be surprised to see some frustrating gremlins creeping in. 

I would seriously doubt that feeling...

WG is notorious for intentional BS like this...this was no mistake to not mention it...

Just like it would take zero effort to label missions in the combat mission section so you know where they came from...

Especially when the article for them shows up 24 hours later than the mission...

Every Single Time...

That is not an accident...in any way shape or form...

If it was occasional you could claim incompetance...but when the "incompetance" is 100% of the time...

That kind of "incompetance" can only be rigidly planned & adhered to as a policy.

Think about it...

It's been 4 whole weeks since the last update...they obviously didn't "just" realize they changed the reset times...

In fact they even just announced it was intentional (reasons...no matter how lame...usually indicate intent anyway) & not in any way at all an accident...

Do you really think it just slipped their mind to mention it...or that they couldn't find 1 person to type out that lame excuse...for a whole month?

BTW...they make insane amounts of money on this game...

They have no problem hiring new staff.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Do you really think it just slipped their mind to mention it...or that they couldn't find 1 person to type out that lame excuse...for a whole month?

I've seen many seemingly inexplicable WoWS foul-ups over the years, but I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and write off most of the mistakes to simple human error (followed by a measurable dose of posterior protection by some of the WoWS staff). However, I will concede that the truth is probably closer to your line of thought.   

Edited by oldblackdog
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

(followed by a measurable dose of posterior protection by some of the WoWS staff).

Yeah... that's NDA...staff has no option but to disavow knowledge even when the text of the matter is staring them in the face...

If they're told to not mention it they can't.

This is totally WG (the company itself) doing ALL of this...it is a marketing ploy to annoy customers in the gaming industry...

Any PR (public relations) is goid PR...even bad PR as it gets their name out there...

The more players go to social media to complain the better it is for the company because somebody that may have never heard of the game might hear about it through that rant & check it out just to see "what all the drama is about"...

SOP...not a WG exclusive by any means.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 6:52 PM, NMA101 said:

@NMA101 I'm so glad you read all this stuff!  😄

I think this one might be as simple as it says...   It makes sense to do things like this at the lowest usage periods.  There's enough timers in the game on quests and daily resets et. al. that I can't fault them for mentioning it only once.  It was mentioned in a live game update and not a disclaimed test blog this time.

Fair winds and following seas!

Edited by Arcusaesopi
fix original attribution

On 12/8/2023 at 9:39 AM, Arcusaesopi said:

@NMA101 I'm so glad you read all this stuff!  😄

I think this one might be as simple as it says...   It makes sense to do things like this at the lowest usage periods.  There's enough timers in the game on quests and daily resets et. al. that I can't fault them for mentioning it only once.  It was mentioned in a live game update and not a disclaimed test blog this time.

Fair winds and following seas!

Yes...it was mentioned in a live game update...but...

It was 4 weeks after it was already changed 3 days before the last live game update...

& There were ZERO "timers in the game" on the daily reset that announced it...it happened the same night clocks were changed back an hour (which occurred the Sat night/Sun morn) & the next night instead of only going back 1 hour it went back 2 hours...

With ZERO warning whatsoever...

& then it took a whole other update before they mentioned it...

Would have been hard to mention in a "test blog" when they in no way whatsoever "tested it"...they just dropped it in & waited a month to mention it.

What's lame about their reasoning is why have it change at high player activity times... doesn't it make more sense to have it change at "lowest player activity" periods where it doesn't cut off a person's active time to play to finish up the missions before time runs out?

Only thing I agree with is yes...it did only need to be mentioned once...

Before they changed it...instead of not mentioning it until a month after they just up & did it with no warning.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Yes...it was mentioned in a live game update...but...

It was 4 weeks after it was already changed 3 days before the last live game update...

& There were ZERO "timers in the game" on the daily reset that announced it...it happened the same night clocks were changed back an hour (which occurred the Sat night/Sun morn) & the next night instead of only going back 1 hour it went back 2 hours...

With ZERO warning whatsoever...

& then it took a whole other update before they mentioned it...

Would have been hard to mention in a "test blog" when they in no way whatsoever "tested it"...they just dropped it in & waited a month to mention it.

What's lame about their reasoning is why have it change at high player activity times... doesn't it make more sense to have it change at "lowest player activity" periods where it doesn't cut off a person's active time to play to finish up the missions before time runs out?

Only thing I agree with is yes...it did only need to be mentioned once...

Before they changed it...instead of not mentioning it until a month after they just up & did it with no warning.

Wait… you expect WG to know what’s happening in their game?

😄