Can a spec go over 100

kriegerfaust

I just got the La Foudre, thanks but my AA Spec starts at 100, one of my modules increases AA By 25% by the power of math that should lead to 125 spec AA.  Am i overthinking this, should i add this module or one of the others, will it do nothing as 100 is a hard limit to any spec.

Edited by kriegerfaust

• kriegerfaust changed the title to Can a spec go over 100

If I recall correctly, those numbers used to be able to exceed 100, back in the early days of the game. But they’ve since been “capped” at “100.”

That being said, those numbers themselves aren’t really worth paying attention to. They’re fairly arbitrary, and don’t really tell the full story by themselves. They can be helpful sometimes as a comparison between two ships, but don’t worry too much about the 1-100 number itself. 

Edit: Not sure if Legends handles that system differently, but that’s how it works in PC at least. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Like 2

then why not make the cap two hundred and fifty or a thousand, it just seems to me to have a cap that can both be hit and overshot,

thanks for the answer

2 minutes ago, kriegerfaust said:

then why not make the cap two hundred and fifty or a thousand, it just seems to me to have a cap that can both be hit and overshot,

thanks for the answer

Like @MidnightPhoenix07 said, those numbers do not mean much. I would maybe use them myself to gauge how much equipment or skill changes might seem to have effect, meaning if they are worth taking or not.  I think the numbers themselves are rather pointless because, like in the case of AA, you'd have to be able to contrast your AA effectiveness against the attacking CV effectiveness. Needless to say, '100' does not mean you'd be shooting down 100 percent of the incoming aircraft or anything really useful like that.

• Like 1

of course not but adding a module should still increase the effect, offering a module that does nothing seems cruel, if it was one for one almost no shot from your gun would miss i thinks it's more if you aim you shoot where you aim even if that's not where the enemy is, so 100 percent if the enemy was sitting still

10 minutes ago, kriegerfaust said:

of course not but adding a module should still increase the effect, offering a module that does nothing seems cruel, if it was one for one almost no shot from your gun would miss i thinks it's more if you aim you shoot where you aim even if that's not where the enemy is, so 100 percent if the enemy was sitting still

Technically possible, but I've never heard any reference to that. In WoT, view distance works like this. It's capped at 445 meters, but increasing the view distance beyond that makes it easier to spot concealed tanks within the 445 meter radius.

2 minutes ago, kriegerfaust said:

Adding the module does increase the effect — in this case, your AA damage. What it doesn’t “increase” necessarily is the (arbitrary) rating number.

An AA rating of “100” doesn’t mean “100% AA power” or “100% of attacking planes shot down.” It just means “100 of whatever arbitrary number WG decided to assign.” Even when they could go over 100, the numbers were still relatively arbitrary and didn’t necessarily reflect the actual value or impact. 

• Like 1

so the module will do something, and make my aa do something better than the something that they do better now, sigh it feels like magic maybe we should just assign letters S+ being the best and D- being the worst,

1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

If I recall correctly, those numbers used to be able to exceed 100, back in the early days of the game. But they’ve since been “capped” at “100.”

Yup. It used to be able to exceed 100 a bit like 103-105 type stuff. Now 100 is max.

@kriegerfaust

Don't put much stock in the ratings. They used to be a bit more accurate but these days it is just a ballpark. It's something they SHOULD address but doubtful they ever do.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kriegerfaust said:

the trouble is its sexier to add content (Ships, commanders, cammos) then fix the game

It's more lucrative to add content ....

FTFY <--------------------------

• Like 1