Co-op Carnage Is Back Baby (Player Contest)

AdmiralThunder

*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Due to WG not allowing players on 1 server to gift things to players on other servers I have to limit this to the server I am on which is NA. This is not bias towards EU/SEA or anything like that. I would gladly welcome you folks to the contest but sadly I would not have a way to send you your prize if you won. In the future, in any contest I run, if this can be resolved so I am able to send gifts to EU and SEA players I will include you. Hope you can understand.***

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello gents and ladies. It has been a few years since I have run a "Co-op Carnage" contest. I did a few on the old NA forums and it was always well received and a lot of fun. Basically, the contest is to see who can do the highest damage, in Co-op, using the required ship type and tier. There will be small prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and then as I have always done in the past all entrants who don't place top 3 are entered into a random draw for a small prize. Prizes are provided at my expense. They won't be huge and expensive but they will be a nice little something for the winners. Prizes will be revealed when the winners are.

Please post in the thread that you want to participate as it will not only help me gauge the # of players who will be involved but it also will help keep the post bumped up near the top so people see it. I want to stress that ALL forum members who play on NA, whether we get along or not, are welcome to participate. There is no bias towards anyone and all entries will be treated exactly the same. My ignore list has been emptied for the duration of the contest so I won't miss anything.

Please read the rule posted below. You MUST follow them to qualify to win a prize. Every effort was made to make it fair and outline how the contest works. Also, as it states in the rules DO NOT post your entries here in the thread as this can discourage people from trying if it is exceptional. All entries are to be PM'd to me or you can PM me for an email to send them to (I won't post an email on the forums publicly).

Note - I personally do not qualify to win any prizes. That wouldn't be right. I want to do this for others. My [PVE] clanmates however do qualify for the contest. Everything is on the up and up and you will see actual screenshot results showing who won at the end. The way the contest works they have no advantage over anyone else. Devstrike.net staff are welcome to participate for fun but per management do not qualify for prizes (I will find some way to provide an honorary mention should any staff place high but not be eligible to win anything).

Hope lots of you will join in the fun.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

RULES:

STARTS: Monday November 20, 2023
ENDS: Monday December 4, 2023 (EDIT - the end date has been changed to add an extra week due to the Thanksgiving Holiday)
FINAL SUBMISSION DATE: Tuesday December 5, 2023 by 5PM (I am on West Coat so 8PM East Coast)
NOTE: ONLY games played between the posted start and end dates, that meet the requirements set forth below, submitted before the final submission date qualify

QUALIFYING SHIPS: T6 Battleships (Tech Tree or Premium)
QUALIFYING MODE: Co-op ONLY (Scenarios, PVP, and special event modes do not qualify)
SERVER: NA ONLY
OBJECTIVE/CRITERIA: Top 3 Highest Damage Totals Win

OTHER:

• Your game results screenshot username MUST match your forum username...
    • if your in game and forum usernames don't match (or be close enough I know it is you) you need to PM me BEFORE submitting any entry with your in game username or you may post it in your reply to the thread saying you want to enter the contest 
    • If your forum username is different, and you want your in game username to remain private, I can accommodate that but "I" need to know what your in game username is BEFOREHAND or I wont accept submissions
    • This is to avoid fraudulent submissions AND because I need to know your in game username to send the prize if you win
  • All entries MUST contain screen shots of the following 3 post battle results screens or they will be rejected (no exceptions)...
    • Personal Score (MUST show it was a Co-op game as well as the date you played it)
    • Team Score (the standings)
    • Detailed Report (shows what you did damage to)
  • You may submit as many entries as you want but...
    • You may only win ONE prize (either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd -OR- the Random draw)
    • Once you submit your initial entry only submit entries moving forward that have a HIGHER damage total
  • DO NOT post your entries, or post results, in this thread...
    • PM entries to me or you may PM me for an email address to send them to (I am not posting my email)
    • If you post any results (screen shots, written account of your damage total, etc...) in the thread that game is disqualified (if someone has a high damage game early on and posts it that will discourage other players from even trying)
    • ALL results are to be kept private between the entrant and myself until the contest is over and I announce the winners
    • I reserve the right to disqualify entirely any entrant who abuses/breaks this rule
  • If the game crashes before, or while trying to get the required screenshots, the screenshots get lost somehow, etc... I will accept a copy of the replay file (it is dated so I know it was done in the timeframe required, it shows the ship used, and I can open it to verify it was Co-op) BUT only to qualify for entry into the Random drawing. You can NOT win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd without the required screenshots. 

PRIZES:

• 1ST PLACE: Awarded to the entrant with the HIGHEST DAMAGE done in a single game in a T6 Battleship 
  • 2ND PLACE: Awarded to the entrant with the 2nd HIGHEST DAMAGE in a single game in a T6 Battleship 
  • 3RD PLACE: Awarded to the entrant with the 3rd HIGHEST DAMAGE in a single game in a T6 Battleship 
  • RANDOM DRAW: All players with at least one entry, that did not win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, will be entered into a random name drawing and the entrant's name that is drawn wins 

TIE BREAKERS:

• In the event we have a tie (2 or more entrants with the exact same damage done) for a prize the following tie breakers will be used...
    1. Most Kills (if entrant A has 5 kills and entrant B has 4; entrant A wins)
    2. Potential Damage Taken (whichever entrant has the highest potential damage taken wins)
    3. Coin Flip (if kills and potential damage taken do not break the tie a coin flip will be used)
  • In the event tie breakers are needed the player that loses the tie breaker will win the next lowest prize...
    • Tie for 1st = tie breaker winner gets 1st place and loser gets 2nd place
    • Tie for 2nd = tier breaker winner gets 2nd place and loser gets 3rd place
    • Tie for 3rd = tier breaker winner gets 3rd place and loser does not place but is entered into the Random drawing

RESULTS & PRIZES:

• Results will be posted within a day or two of the contest ending
  • Prizes will be sent as soon as I have figured out who has won and prepared the results to post
  • I will do my best to get the results up and prizes out asap; please be patient 

DISCLAIMER:

• I reserve the right to amend these rules if needed to address any unforeseen situations

Thank you to @I_cant_Swim_ and Devstrike.net for allowing me to do this.

Good luck everyone.

AT

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

• I_cant_Swim_ pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Frostbow said:

If you create an EU or Asia account, perhaps that will allow you to send prizes to winners from EU or Asia servers? 

I would have to link payment methods to them and I don't want to do that on accounts I don't actually use and monitor. I did consider it but that is a no go for me right now.

• Like 2

@Frostbow I created an EU account about a month ago, not strictly for the purpose that @AdmiralThunder has in mind for this topic, but rather to get the "flavor" of being a new to game player to do a guide here for "New Players.".  Based on the issues and the success he has with the above here on the NA server, we may be able to duplicate his format on the EU server soon.  

I will add that we here at DevStrike! have discussed competitive battles.  That is probably some time off in the future. Still, it would be interesting to offer something to players other than KOTS with different tier levels and battle scenarios to encompass the player base and skill levels.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Based on the issues and the success he has with the above here on the NA server, we may be able to duplicate his format on the EU server soon.  

You have my support.

24 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

I will add that we here at DevStrike! have discussed competitive battles.  That is probably some time off in the future. Still, it would be interesting to offer something to players other than KOTS with different tier levels and battle scenarios to encompass the player base and skill levels.

I hope you guys will also consider a totally different competitive format, one that is for giggles. Right now, top of my mind is a Tier I version of KOTS. LOL!

Another would be a 12 versus 12 Minekaze or Jäger battle. Double LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I'm in...

Took 2nd place in a similar contest years ago & won a prize (I'll have to check with him if it's ok to say what the prize was... don't want to set any prize expectations he may not be willing to duplicate this event)...

But just to clarify...that contest was before I was in his clan so it wasn't like he was showing favoritism to his clan mates (in fact to keep it honest he wouldn't even give a clue as to who was in the lead [or what place your submission was in until the winners were revealed at the end]).

Edited by HogHammer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I'm in...

Took 2nd place in a similar contest years ago & won a prize (I'll have to check with him if it's ok to say what the prize was... don't want to set any prize expectations he may not be willing to duplicate this event)...

But just to clarify...that contest was before I was in his clan so it wasn't like he was showing favoritism to his clan mates (in fact to keep it honest he wouldn't even give a clue as to who was in the lead [or what place your submission was in until the winners were revealed at the end]).

Glad you made it to the new forum Khaos.

Yeah I would rather keep the prizes secret until the winners are announced. 

I do my best to keep it totally fair for all. I show the winning screenshots at the end so people can see it is legit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• I_cant_Swim_ featured this topic

***IMPORTANT***

Please don't crop down your entry screenshots. I will crop them to size if needed for the end results. You can crop out the non game elements of the screen but please send the entire game result screenshot uncropped. Also, JPG is preferred over PNG, GIF, etc...

This is what I mean about cropping...

You can send the full screen like shown below and I will crop it:

spacer.png 

You can crop out the very top and bottom parts that are not part of the game screen and if needed I can/will crop it down:

spacer.png

Please don't crop it down beyond removing the top and bottom non game areas like shown below:

spacer.png

And NO this isn't some kind of "hint" about what damage total you need to win the contest. This is an old Co-op T6 BB game of mine I used as an example so I looked good in it.

lifting-up-glass.gif

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I'm in.

About time !  Welcome aboard. 

(content deleted - we can't talk about anything related to the contest !  OOooops!)

Maybe we'll se you out there !

Edited by Asym

6 hours ago, Asym said:

About time !  Welcome aboard.  *Deleted*

Maybe we'll se you out there !

NO results discussions

Edited by I_cant_Swim_
Text deleted on request
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

NO results discussions

Oh-Kay, it was not my intention.  Just having a conversation with someone close by....

1 hour ago, Asym said:

Oh-Kay, it was not my intention.  Just having a conversation with someone close by....

You can talk about the contest in general terms but no discussing results/damage scores. Per the rules in the OP:

• PM entries to me or you may PM me for an email address to send them to (I am not posting my email)
    • If you post any results (screen shots, written account of your damage total, etc...) in the thread that game is disqualified (if someone has a high damage game early on and posts it that will discourage other players from even trying)
    • ALL results are to be kept private between the entrant and myself until the contest is over and I announce the winners
    • I reserve the right to disqualify entirely any entrant who abuses/breaks this rule

Not doing this to be a hard ass but rather because it actually can deter some from trying because of posted results being higher than they feel they can do. I ran into this the 1st go round with the contest and have made sure since that all discussions of results, even in general terms, are kept out until after the contest is over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You can talk about the contest in general terms but no discussing results/damage scores. Per the rules in the OP:

• If you post any results (screen shots, written account of your damage total, etc...) in the thread that game is disqualified (if someone has a high damage game early on and posts it that will discourage other players from even trying)
    • ALL results are to be kept private between the entrant and myself until the contest is over and I announce the winners

Not doing this to be a hard ass but rather because it actually can deter some from trying because of posted results being higher than they feel they can do. I ran into this the 1st go round with the contest and have made sure since that all discussions of results, even in general terms, are kept out until after the contest is over.

A..s   y...o...u   w...i....s....h !  Oh Grand Poo-bah .  I won't post a single thing till event is over on this thread......... 

13 minutes ago, CaptSteve3240 said:

i made it AT

i would like to try

Welcome to DevStrike! @CaptSteve3240. Glad you made it. The sun shines brighter here!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Asym said:

A..s   y...o...u   w...i....s....h !  Oh Grand Poo-bah .  I won't post a single thing till event is over on this thread......... 

That is not what I said.

Part of the fun is discussing the contest. Just don't talk about scores you get is all.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

1 hour ago, meatgrindr said:

I would like to participate.

Awesome.

GL.

34 minutes ago, CaptSteve3240 said:

i made it AT

i would like to try

Hey glad you made it CaptSteve.

GL

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg