The damned bot invasions.

Chysagon

Are there any countermeasues you guys can put in place to prevent bots invading the great forums you have set up ?

Or just constant vigilance ?.

• Haha 1

@Chysagon  regarding countermeasures to prevent bots/spammers on the forum.  As touched on in the above comments and to clarify, we have added additional steps for account registration and just plain vigilance from staff and members at the current time.

Ideally, and we are working on it, the best solution would be registration tied in with a WG (WoWs) account.  This would solve 99 percent of the issue of spammers and bots.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chysagon said:

Are there any countermeasues you guys can put in place to prevent bots invading the great forums you have set up ?

The spammers are a pain, for sure. At times we've had all moderators on site assisting the admin (me) in hunting them down when they've overcome our defenses. Sometimes they get through, making me think that they're not all bots, but some are folk sitting there with nothing better to do than solve Captchas and answer test questions before posting garbage on our site. We've increased our defenses, but of course it's always a trade-off with making it more difficult for real members to join and post.

I think we've found the best solution atm, though, requiring additional moderator clearance for initial posts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

I think we've found the best solution atm, though, requiring additional moderator clearance for initial posts.

Setting aside the additional work for the staff.....that sounds like the best possible solution.

deb92cab-0334-4c93-860c-a511667280eb_tex

d5824218-38ac-457d-9e9d-307defba811c_tex

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Setting aside the additional work for the staff.....that sounds like the best possible solution.

Speak for yourself (lol).

• Haha 1