Next update.......nerf steel

Kawaii_shirasu_azusa

-2700 for season pass(mistake they delete 6250 dubs version so that couldn't get ex5%steel)

-2000 for dock(stage reward, not the 250steels/stage after u finish all stage)

lol lastyear we had all of them now we will have nerfed =(

information from PTS

Edited by Kawaii_shirasu_azusa
  • Confused 2
  • Bored 1

???

• We get a new dockyard in the next update for the new ITL T9 Cruiser Michelangelo and I have seen nowhere that it says it doesn't contain Steel and that duplicate building phase compensation won't be Steel.
  • The Battlepass is being replaced for Christmas with a Holiday themed one that gives a free T7 Premium (Scharnhorst 43) so it isn't like they removed Steel and gave us nothing.
  • Snowflakes return for the next update and every T8 earns 70 Steel, every T9 earns 80 Steel, and every SuperShip earns 200 Steel. I myself am going to get somewhere around 16,000-17,000 Steel just from the flakes.

There will be Steel to be had next update.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:
9分钟前,AdmiralThunder说:

???

• We get a new dockyard in the next update for the new ITL T9 Cruiser Michelangelo and I have seen nowhere that it says it doesn't contain Steel and that duplicate building phase compensation won't be Steel.
  • The Battlepass is being replaced for Christmas with a Holiday themed one that gives a free T7 Premium (Scharnhorst 43) so it isn't like they removed Steel and gave us nothing.
  • Snowflakes return for the next update and every T8 earns 70 Steel, every T9 earns 80 Steel, and every SuperShip earns 200 Steel. I myself am going to get somewhere around 16,000-17,000 Steel just from the flakes.

There will be Steel to be had next update.

My information comes from what a player saw in pt

in that picture no steel for dock(I mean stage reward)

and the season pass, no steel too.(that's a mistake they delete 6250 version so couldn't +5%)

• Kawaii_shirasu_azusa changed the title to Next update.......nerf steel

image.png.fd66c20e776e300ea8464b4a45182d92.png (warning. include chinese)

18 minutes ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

My information comes from what a player saw in pt

in that picture no steel for dock(I mean stage reward)

I wouldn't worry too much based on the PTS rewards. They don't always match Live Server rewards. Wait and see what Live will get for rewards. I mean they might remove Steel from it but I doubt it as it is one of the big incentives for people to buy it besides the ship plus extra phases to get the duplicate Steel.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

-2700 for season pass(mistake they delete 6250 dubs version so that couldn't get ex5%steel)

-2000 for dock

lol lastyear we had all of them now we will have nerfed =(

Hate to tell you that Steel got nerfed long time ago.

Currency don't mean much when there's nothing to spend it on.... it's not like we've gotten much non sub/cv choice over the last 2 years.

about the choices we've had is stuff temporarily offered at infated to obscene prices designed to drain accounts.

I've sitting on nearly 6 figures and a couple about to expire.... can only hope Reggia drops before that date... and I don't even play BB's that much!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

Hate to tell you that Steel got nerfed long time ago.

Currency don't mean much when there's nothing to spend it on.... it's not like we've gotten much non sub/cv choice over the last 2 years.

about the choices we've had is stuff temporarily offered at infated to obscene prices designed to drain accounts.

I've sitting on nearly 6 figures and a couple about to expire.... can only hope Reggia drops before that date... and I don't even play BB's that much!

I wanna get it. but friends said she is an BB that seems like chesire=(

1 minute ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

I wanna get it. but friends said she is an BB that seems like chesire=(

I've played it some.

It's not tanky...more like a true BC... not unlike Incomp but no superheal.

BUT it's absurdly fast and the overmatching SAP is truly unfair against cruisers.  Angling against it is pointless.  Your best defense is small animal uh...er... player sacrifices to the RNG gods.

... it's legitimate proof that WG hates cruiser players.

3 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

I've played it some.

It's not tanky...more like a true BC... not unlike Incomp but no superheal.

BUT it's absurdly fast and the overmatching SAP is truly unfair against cruisers.  Angling against it is pointless.  Your best defense is small animal uh...er... player sacrifices to the RNG gods.

... it's legitimate proof that WG hates cruiser players.

I will play shikishima instead of her.

https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=38427776

Original article in Chinese.

Much criticism is put on the dockyard event that itself alone illustrated how the nominal WG has been suffering from a critical brain drain and antagonizing customers with predatory business practices. International gamers have to pay more and grind more for fewer Dockyard event rewards (no RB, no steel for minimum dockyard purchase, have to purchase Ferruccio in another separate event, etc.). International version of Michelangelo-War Paint appear half-finished with that showcased by Lesta. A modified Battle pass awarding copy-paste ships (or in other words, a step back to austere events like that in 2020) would take the place of a true dedicated Xmas-New Year event in the fashion like the ones from, say, 2021 and 2022 (https://blog.korabli.su/blog/495).

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I wouldn't worry too much based on the PTS rewards. They don't always match Live Server rewards. Wait and see what Live will get for rewards. I mean they might remove Steel from it but I doubt it as it is one of the big incentives for people to buy it besides the ship plus extra phases to get the duplicate Steel.

If we are going to voice our concerns, by Live Server update that would likely be too late already.

Seriously? We gonna get the best BP and Christmas event yet and someone still complains? How many Mega and Big gift containers we could in the last few Christmas events? ZERO. This year we are getting tons of them pretty easily. No steel? We farm it easily every day for the rest of year even for free in the BP and ranked.

• Like 1
  • Bored 2

15 minutes ago, ReDiR20 said:

Seriously? We gonna get the best BP and Christmas event yet and someone still complains? How many Mega and Big gift containers we could in the last few Christmas events? ZERO. This year we are getting tons of them pretty easily. No steel? We farm it easily every day for the rest of year even for free in the BP and ranked.

You are kidding me? The primary addition this year is a modified daily login reward, certificates and armory welcome gifts has been available for years.

And doesn't the obvious gap regarding how many new contents are made leave you some impression? You call a event that even reuses the festival port from last year as the best one? You are glad to grind and pay more (even calculated only in Doubloons besides different base prices of premium contents worldwide) for less rewards?

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

You are kidding me? The primary addition this year is a modified daily login reward, certificates and armory welcome gifts has been available for years.

And doesn't the obvious gap regarding how many new contents are made leave you some impression? You call a event that even reuses the festival port from last year as the best one? You are glad to grind and pay more (even calculated only in Doubloons besides different base prices of premium contents worldwide) for less rewards?

It doesn't matter how the port looks, especially when it fits well for Christmas anyway. Felt very good when I saw it today on test server. And enough of new content with 3 new premiums (Stord, Scharn, Mikelangelo) 

Worldwide what? We get amazing content in EU and don't care to look at doomed version of Lesta game, which will be discontinued very soon.

Next update is 10/10, but you still find something to complain about...  

• Bored 3

1 hour ago, ReDiR20 said:

It doesn't matter how the port looks, especially when it fits well for Christmas anyway. Felt very good when I saw it today on test server. And enough of new content with 3 new premiums (Stord, Scharn, Mikelangelo) 

Worldwide what? We get amazing content in EU and don't care to look at doomed version of Lesta game, which will be discontinued very soon.

Next update is 10/10, but you still find something to complain about...  

You played the game for less than a year or what?

Fresh port decoration for new year patch is basically a routine, and something happened between two studios, WG can't find enough computer artists, and suddenly someone is okay with reusing last year's preset?

Even putting past years' new year ports altogether in the game for players to choose from is far better than this, a year is not long and reusing last year's presets greatly hammers the freshness of the event.

3 new ships, one is some of the last ships WG borrowed from Lesta (also seemingly overpriced for a T9 dockyard), 2 are completely copy pastes, and one even shares the same camo with the OG ship. How can you persuade yourself to be satisfied with these so-called 'new ships'?

And the inflated 'salvage for victory' whale event which most cannot afford?

I'm surprised that some people, as customers, don't urge the game company for better product, instead they scold other people who points out the problem, yet not getting paid from the company in any shape or form.

This year's event can't even be qualified as marginal, you can be happy with the game's situation as you want, I used to buy some stuff, yet I just can't find a proper place to spend my 50k gold for this whole year, I'm afraid the best use for them is to buy those armory queens that went on sale for years because EVERY sales event WG introduced this year can't be less attractive.

Edited by New_Jersey_prpr
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Fresh port decoration for new year patch is basically a routine, and some shit happened between two studios, WG can't find enough computer artists, and suddenly someone is okay with reusing last year's preset?

Even putting past years' new year ports altogether in the game for players to choose from is far better than this, a year is not long and reusing last year's presets greatly hammers the freshness of the event.

3 new ships, one is some of the last ships WG borrowed from Lesta (also seemingly overpriced for a T9 dockyard), 2 are completely copy pastes, and one even shares the same camo with the OG ship. How can you persuade yourself to be satisfied with these so-called 'new ships'?

I'm surprised that some people, as customers, don't urge the game company for better product, instead they scold other people who points out the problem, yet not getting paid from the company in any shape or form.

This year's event can't even be qualified as marginal, you can be happy with the game's situation as you want, I used to buy some stuff, yet I just can't find a proper place to spend my 50k gold for this whole year, I'm afraid the best use for them is to buy those armory queens that went on sale for years because EVERY sales event WG introduced this year can't be less attractive.

Long text, but no point.

I started playing in 2015. On my main account of course.

Salvage event is pricy, but different stages can be bought quite cheap. Like 150k coal for T6 cruiser (the only Pan-EU cruiser) and 4 Big Santa gift containers. That's very good deal particularly for free to play players. Who has more resources can buy more stages, so pretty good IMO

• Bored 3

3 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

If we are going to voice our concerns, by Live Server update that would likely be too late already.

If it is already on PTS and they plan to remove Steel voicing concern now will be too late (it is done and decided) as will voicing it on this forum which has no affiliation with WG.

And as I said above there is a lot of precedent for PTS rewards, requirements, etc... not matching what goes live. I have seen nothing from WG saying there will be no Steel in the coming dockyard. When I see that I will have an opinion. They absolutely might do that but until then I will wait and see if that is actually the case or if PTS was different as so often happens.

8 minutes ago, ReDiR20 said:

Long text, but no point.

I started playing in 2015. On my main account of course.

Salvage event is pricy, but different stages can be bought quite cheap. Like 150k coal for T6 cruiser (the only Pan-EU cruiser) and 4 Big Santa gift containers. That's very good deal particularly for free to play players. Who has more resources can buy more stages, so pretty good IMO

Krasny Krym is a decorated warship with the prestigious "Guards" title, yet I've hardly seen anyone talked about her in any positive way. That status of being the only Pan-European cruiser means hardly anything for a gamer without related personal background, and Duca d'Aosta hasn't been in a good place even before the IFHE rework. Not to say that many players I've seen are plainly utilitarian and consider Elli and Ferruccio as merely undemanded bundle contents forcefully offered by WG together with Defence.

The main problem for many is that this is an ill-disguised resource sink combined with blatant artificial scarcity.

For at least a part of the players, it is outrageous to rate such an event, with recycled assets here and there and an absence of what has been presented in 2021 and 2022 a 10/10 with Mir Korabli exists. Michelangelo and Ferruccio seems to be some of the last items developed by Lesta for all players worldwide (and WG presented a half-baked War Paint premacamo for her), and I stopped criticizing Scharnhorst 43 only by the virtue of she will be offered for free and now seems to be a viable sidegrade of the original Scharn (B), so saving a sum of doubloons originally intended for purchasing Scharn B that I haven't got yet after some consideration. Yet this doesn't change the fact that Scharnhorst 43 and Stord 43 are ill-planned, hastily made contents trying to catch the Battle of the North Cape's anniversary (otherwise we shall see another War Emergency Programme destroyer for the tech tree) that even has nothing altered regarding modelling and represents their existing versions with little, if any, difference historically.

Why are you defending Wargaming and  resorting to sour grapes when Mir Korabli exists and have been teasing much better new contents comparing with what we see from WoWS devblogs?

WG hasn't published the next Waterline yet, nor explained why animated commander protraits and Stragetic Operations mode have been missing so far.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Looks like getting through the holiday season is going to require nerfs of steel.

w456uw456.gif.1008b66c65b9f7947392bd3aed790dc2.gif

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

I have played since 2016 and have passed 44K combined mode games. I am 100% happy with what has been released so far about this Christmas event and am looking forward to it. No Steel in the dockyard, if it happens, would be a downer but until we see that is the case for the LIVE SERVER and not just PTS I am not going up in flames. 

Fresh port decoration for new year patch is basically a routine, and something happened between two studios, WG can't find enough computer artists, and suddenly someone is okay with reusing last year's preset?

If WG stayed in Russia they would get hammered by players over the Ukraine situation and they may have even had sanctions placed on them for being a Russian company by other countries. They had to leave. This wasn't something done because they wanted to. In situations like that it isn't going to go smoothly. A casualty of the split it appears is the Art Department. How do you fault WG for that? I think they expected more people to come with them than happened but I really don't hold this against them. They are looking for people and in time will bring new folks in. We are still getting content so what is the big deal.

As far as everything for this year being reused from last year. Ok, and so? You are actually upset they are reusing a special event port (that is pretty nice)? I mean come on how is that a big deal. Sure a new cool one, and new present designs, would be nice and all but is it really a massive big deal considering the above? Get back to me if this persists for multiple years vs a 1 year bump in the road. The best part of Christmas, Santa crates and Snowflakes continue so I am good with it.

No big deal on the copy paste ships. Different traits make them a bit different and let's be honest, at this point in the game's life cycle, WG has to do copy pastes and fantasy ships just to add content (even RU and Lesta which you seem to think is better is doing a lot of copy paste with tweaks). How can I be satisfied with these new ships? Michelangelo is totally new (that is what you want right?) and also very unique (not a fan myself but definitely new and unique), Scharnhorst 43 with the recent buffs looks to be an improved Scharnhorst and it is a T7 Premium earnable 100% free with minimal play (what the heck is wrong with that?), and Stord 43 is a T7 Premium that can be purchased pretty cheap (premium Battlepass type reward). So yes, I am actually happy with these ships and how we get them.

As far as the Michelangelo dockyard being overpriced. Compare it to past T9 dockyards...

• Hizen: 26 Phases total (22 free). 1950 Doubloons p/ stage. 7800 Doubloon cost (excluding starter packs).
  • ZF6: 22 Phases total (19 free). 2200 Doubloons p/ stage. 6600 Doubloon cost (excluding starter packs).
  • Marlborough: 32 Phases total (27 free). 1500 Doubloons p/ stage. 7500 Doubloon cost (excluding starter packs).
  • Admiral Schroeder: 30 Phases total (26 free). 1750 Doubloons p/ stage. 7000 Doubloon cost (excluding starter packs).
  • Daisen: 34 Phases total (29 free). 1500 Doubloons p/ stage.  7500 Doubloon cost (excluding starter packs).
  • Michelangelo: 32 Phases total (27 free). 1750 Doubloons p/ stage. 8750 Doubloon cost (excluding starter packs).

So the base minimum total cost of the 5 stages we have to buy is a bit higher for sure (basically because they added an extra must buy phase despite a normal 1750 phase cost). This doesn't really bother me too much to be honest. It's a small price hike (1750 Doubloons = $7 USD) on a special event, and everything is getting more expensive in the world, but otherwise it is about the norm for T9 dockyards.

I am more concerned about the various task difficulty levels, what the rewards will be as it relates to my value of time invested for quality of rewards, and will Michelangelo actually be any good? I mean Hizen and Marlborough were cheaper but they aren't all that good so if I pay a little more and get a decent ship I would say it is worth it. I mean Marlborough is sort of ok'ish (kind of...a little) but Hizen is right there vying for title of worst dockyard ship ever (and an overall stinker). Daisen is not very good either for that matter. So if Michelangelo is any good that counts for a lot to me as far as what it costs me. It may be more expensive in Doubloons but it might actually be worth it where as Hizen for example, a ship that was cheaper with fewer building phases to do through tasks, basically sucks.

So what will the actual LIVE SERVER rewards be for this dockyard? Will Michelangelo be any good? I think those questions need to be answered before we can say the dockyard is overpriced.

Also, when factoring the cost of the dockyard, keep in mind we are still getting a free T7 Premium Christmas ship it is just in the free version of the Christmas Battlepass thing vs a middle stage of the dockyard which will complete easily on it's own (BXP) while doing the dockyard tasks. I have seen many people lament not having a secondary ship reward in the dockyard but the fact is we are getting a free Christmas ship; it's just from a different holiday event (and it will be much easier to get from the Christmas Battlepass thing than a dockyard I believe). So while not part of the dockyard we still get that free ship.

41 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

The prices are high for sure but no worse than the Lighthouse Auctions. 680K Coal was the winning bid for a Smolensk B vs 1.5 Million Coal to get the T6 EU Cruiser Eli, the T7 ITL Cruiser Ferruccio, T10 British Cruiser Defense, and the T10 IJN Cruiser Kitakami in the Salvage thing. So that final cost sort of matches what players are willing to spend for ships and people who say Kitakami costs 1.5 Million Coal (or the RB or Steel #) are wrong. 1.5 Million Coal gets you 4 ships. You can also mix and match resources if you don't have enough of 1 if you want. I am not really a fan of these resource sink events WG runs but players with tons of resources on hand clamor for ways to use them so WG is doing just that. The prices are what the market will bare so to speak.  Don't blame WG when players willingly and happily spend that much on them.

I admit, despite my dislike of resource sink events, that I am considering Kitakami. I have over 1800 days PT and over 1.5 Million coal. I can get it without touching my 30K Steel and 22K RB pts or I can use some of those as well. I also can factor in snowflakes this year will bring me 165K +/- Coal and 16-17K Steel to help rebuild right off. I have most ships in the game and Kitakami is only going to be available this once (at least for the next two years minimum) so I am tempted despite the cost. And, as said, I also get 3 other ships for what I pay so not as bad as it appears.

41 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

This year's event can't even be qualified as marginal

I disagree 100%. This years event looks to be just fine and on par with past years. I am no lover of WG but I think they are trying to put out a good Christmas for the players. Lots of good free stuff to be had, Snowflakes are back, Santa crates were improved with tons of older low tier ships removed, etc...

I am not sure what you and others complaining expected but I see this year's Christmas on par with some of the best ones we have ever had (disclaimer - removal of Steel from the dockyard will be an issue but until that happens I reserve judgement). 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Krasny Krym is a decorated warship with the prestigious "Guards" title, yet I've hardly seen anyone talked about her in any positive way. That status of being the only Pan-European cruiser means hardly anything for a gamer without related personal background, and Duca d'Aosta hasn't been in a good place even before the IFHE rework. Not to say that many players I've seen are plainly utilitarian and consider Elli and Ferruccio as merely undemanded bundle contents forcefully offered by WG together with Defence.

The main problem for many is that this is an ill-disguised resource sink combined with blatant artificial scarcity.

For at least a part of the players, it is outrageous to rate such an event, with recycled assets here and there and an absence of what has been presented in 2021 and 2022 a 10/10 with Mir Korabli exists. Michelangelo and Ferruccio seems to be some of the last items developed by Lesta for all players worldwide (and WG presented a half-baked War Paint premacamo for her), and I stopped criticizing Scharnhorst 43 only by the virtue of she will be offered for free and now seems to be a viable sidegrade of the original Scharn (B), so saving a sum of doubloons originally intended for purchasing Scharn B that I haven't got yet after some consideration. Yet this doesn't change the fact that Scharnhorst 43 and Stord 43 are ill-planned, hastily made contents trying to catch the Battle of the North Cape's anniversary (otherwise we shall see another War Emergency Programme destroyer for the tech tree) that even has nothing altered regarding modelling and represents their existing versions with little, if any, difference historically.

Why are you defending Wargaming and  resorting to sour grapes when Mir Korabli exists and have been teasing much better new contents comparing with what we see from WoWS devblogs?

WG hasn't published the next Waterline yet, nor explained why animated commander protraits and Stragetic Operations mode have been missing so far.

Maybe you should go play on the RU version of the game then. Problem solved right? Seriously. Not being a jerk. If you think the RU version run by Lesta is better than this version run by WG then go play that other one.  Why play this version if you are this unhappy?

PS - seriously? Krispy Kreme? That ship IN GAME is pretty horrible (now anyway) and that is why people don't talk positively about it. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Looks like getting through the holiday season is going to require nerfs of steel.

kevin-hart-no-you-didnt.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

PS - seriously? Krispy Kreme? That ship IN GAME is pretty horrible (now anyway) and that is why people don't talk positively about it. 

Didn't Krispy Kreme used to be goodish?