Imagine if WoWS is running on this CPU for their WG servers

Tpaktop2_1 NA

20:10 Summation

This video is talking about AMD’s 128 Core CPU. It costs $12K per chip. I wonder if this would solve WoWS problems with D-sync, renders, etc. or would it open a new can of worms of problems? One could hope in improvement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Wouldn't the rendering be done on the client side only? D-sync might improve, though I think that the main bottleneck there is that the rate is coded into their server application. So they don't need a faster CPU for that, but a code rework. I think latency could become an issue then, as not everyone is connected with high speed internet.

3 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Wouldn't the rendering be done on the client side only? D-sync might improve, though I think that the main bottleneck there is that the rate is coded into their server application. So they don't need a faster CPU for that, but a code rework. I think latency could become an issue then, as not everyone is connected with high speed internet.

The render I am talking about is when an enemy ship goes between two islands. You know it's going that route and you are aiming for that location between the islands. However you don't see the enemy ship until 2/3's of it is behind the second destination island. Instead of having at least two shots for the enemy, you now have only one shot maybe. That is the rendering I am talking about. Anytime WoWS has player action around island, WoWS gets wonky. BTW, when was the last time WG has optimize WoWS for speed? I can only recall the FPS incident from the past.

2 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

The render I am talking about is when an enemy ship goes between two islands.

TY. I've experienced that, for sure. If the reason they did it this way was to reduce computing power, then more CPU power could very well help.

As for the

4 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

BTW, when was the last time WG has optimize WoWS for speed? I can only recall the FPS incident from the past

same here. Looong overdue, but I guess they'd need the programmers for that.