New ships coming

___V_E_N_O_M___

Eh.

No historical ships.

Nothing for tiers below 8...

Nothing to get excited about.

• Like 3

Michelangelo reminds me of the Italian ironclads of the 19th Century that had the biggest naval guns of the era in double amidships turrets or barbettes, the difference being that those were positioned en-echelon to allow direct ahead or astern fire. 

I'm going to be very interested to see how she does in testing, even if only as an 'odd-bod'.

5 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Michelangelo reminds me of the Italian ironclads of the 19th Century that had the biggest naval guns of the era in double amidships turrets or barbettes, the difference being that those were positioned en-echelon to allow direct ahead or astern fire. 

I'm going to be very interested to see how she does in testing, even if only as an 'odd-bod'.

In real life such a design makes sense: the turrets, barbettes and magazines are placed at the widest section of the hull that eases the design of torpedo protection which could have been complicated by quadruple mounts with considerable width. Eliminating superfiring arrangement also helps reducing topweight by also eliminating an additional section of main turret barbette. Though due to adverse effects on powder stored in the magazines few post WWI design would feature sandwiching propulsion and magazines, this significant change from the original sketch can only be understood from an aesthetic point.

We would have to wait for its 3D model to be added and thus available for datamining to determine critical parameters like firing arcs...

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have McLaughlins book on Soviet/Russian battleship Navarin seems familiar, strange that WG do not come with the torpedo battleship.

(Had to  make a post to celebrate my start in the community forum), On reddit I am EUGnirf.

Edited by Gnirf

21 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

For those who have McLaughlins book on Soviet/Russian battleship Navarin seems familiar, strange that WG do not come with the torpedo battleship.

She reflects the recorded designs of "Tsarist superbattleship studies", yet is different from any one particular design.

http://www.gwpda.org/naval/irn16bb.htm