Replay upload issue.

Andrewbassg

Hello. It seems that the forums doesn't allow replay upload.  CAN'T be worked around ( i.e by changing the extension to an approved format) 

Hopefully this can be solved, it would be nice.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Hello. It seems that the forums doesn't allow replay upload.  CAN'T be worked around ( i.e by changing the extension to an approved format) 

Hopefully this can be solved, it would be nice.

I was thinking about if it was possibly to work around by changing the extension. Thanks for looking into that. I agree, would be nice to have that option working.

• 3 weeks later...

If I understand this correctly, the question is whether videos can be uploaded to this site and hosted from here. The answer is currently no, unfortunately. Our current contract with the hosting platform  provides the smallest amount of disk space, and we will need to monitor developments over the next couple of months to allow long-term usage to be extrapolated. We might then be able to allow uploads directly, or we might need to upgrade our contract first (we will need the funds for that).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

If I understand this correctly, the question is whether videos can be uploaded to this site and hosted from here. The answer is currently no, unfortunately. Our current contract with the hosting platform  provides the smallest amount of disk space, and we will need to monitor developments over the next couple of months to be allow long-term usage to be extrapolated. We might then be able to allow uploads directly, or we might need to upgrade our contract first (we will need the funds for that).

Alternatively, people can use their own choice of "file hosting" website services and simply use a link to point to where the file can be downloaded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

(we will need the funds for that).

Is there a check-list and/or news of progress being made on getting the "donations" portion of this forum up & running?

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Is there a check-list and/or news of progress being made on getting the "donations" portion of this forum up & running?

No. I've halted that bit for now, because I just don't feel comfy with the idea of funds being paid to a personal account (mine). It puts a shady light on transparency, if you are inclined to see it that way, which might negatively impact the site and all the hard work folks are putting in here. We will, however, soon have a non-profit organization established, all formal and stuff, and donations can then run more transparently over that.

6 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

No. I've halted that bit for now, because I just don't feel comfy with the idea of funds being paid to a personal account (mine). It puts a shady light on transparency, if you are inclined to see it that way, which might negatively impact the site and all the hard work folks are putting in here. We will, however, soon have a non-profit organization established, all formal and stuff, and donations can then run more transparently over that.

I was merely curious about the progress, if any.
The concerns you mention, and perhaps others I've not thought of, regarding transparency and security of the funds are worth the extra time & effort.
I'm not trying to rush things.  🙂