Graphics glitches in Ops?

hipcanuck

Anyone experiencing graphics issues in Ops? Daylight when it should be dark, dark when it should be daylight, sort of thing.

Its incredibly difficult to play a CV when its dark, you are basically flying by mini map and lining up your targets on the mini map. I guess in a way its a little more realistic if you consider the mini map a radar screen in your aircraft LOL

52 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Anyone experiencing graphics issues in Ops? Daylight when it should be dark, dark when it should be daylight, sort of thing.

Its incredibly difficult to play a CV when its dark, you are basically flying by mini map and lining up your targets on the mini map. I guess in a way its a little more realistic if you consider the mini map a radar screen in your aircraft LOL

Narai? Pitch black? Cherry Blossom - bright sunlight? 

Wargaming have said on discord that they are aware and are investigating.

One player commented on discord that he fixed the issue by doing the nuclear option - full deletion of the game, removal of all folders from his PC, followed by a full reinstall of the game.

Apparently the sun isn't loading in for some players (myself included) - so far I have only seen dark Narai and bright Cherry Blossom, but others have reported the issue in normal random battles as well.

I haven't tried the nuclear option myself yet. [edit] nuke in progress - 1.5 hours to install fresh.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
  • Thanks 1

We have a Random Ops mate that has had dark Narai's...  I hate Cherry Blossom when it's really almost black....  Something is amiss in Narai for sure. Cherry Blossom isn't as severe...  But, something is off.

It is weird that some see this, others do not.  I, for one, have not seen a single problem myself.  Is it safe to guess that I am not the only one who has seen things normally since patch drop?

After doing a full uninstall, then reboot, then fresh install of the game, all the operations lighting is back to normal.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

After doing a full uninstall, then reboot, then fresh install of the game, all the operations lighting is back to normal.

Well....thats not happening. The fastest I can dl a WG title is at 3 meg per sec. 

7 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

Well....thats not happening. The fastest I can dl a WG title is at 3 meg per sec. 

Understand. My broadband connects at 100mbps down, which translates to around 11 MB per second. The game is something like 65GB.

In addition to the Narai and Cherry issues, Aegis can be bright as mid-day, compared to the normal dusk/dawn, and Frontier seems to be slightly brighter. Hermes, Raptor, KW, and Newport all seem fine though. However, it is random, sometimes the ops run as normal, and sometimes the ops run with "special" lighting.

As by my hint above please change your port to something else like 'Ocean'. You probably have Naval Base set by this patch 12.10 as a standard. The Naval base Port is bugged and somehow influences/triggers the day/night time in maps like 'Strait' or from Operations. That helped.

Same problem here:

and here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I switched from the BF Naval Base to a daylight port myself. Haven't played many operations yet after that, but so far the issue has not resurfaced.

1 hour ago, BlueMax1916 said:

As by my hint above please change your port to something else like 'Ocean'. You probably have Naval Base set by this patch 12.10 as a standard. The Naval base Port is bugged and somehow influences/triggers the day/night time in maps like 'Strait' or from Operations. That helped.

The thing is, I change my port pretty much instantly back to Fjord on update day. The sole exception was Kure , because it was well lighted and it was magnificent. 

If Fjord is not available, then usually  use Hawai. I do use mods, but not weather or lighting alterating ones. I do have ports installed as mods ( Hottub) and I play actively on two regions, EU/NA.

Edited by Andrewbassg

• 4 weeks later...