I don't normally Cherbourg...

SoshiSone

...but when I Cherbourg...I CHERBOURG!

Spoiler

Actually,I kinda suck at Cherbourg...but yeah...I have my moments.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Oh God, another suck ship that WG is going to nerf into the Earth's core because Soshi takes it out and wreaks absolute havoc with it. 😜

• Haha 5

On 11/15/2023 at 11:04 PM, SoshiSone said:

Reveal hidden contents

a yes love those 1% moments  when your gunners are not drunk 😆

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

cherbourg is unironically a good ship despite what wows reddit would have you think

dispersion and DPM are terrible for a cruiser with 25mm bow so the hate is kind of justified.

2 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

dispersion and DPM are terrible for a cruiser with 25mm bow so the hate is kind of justified.

Dispersion sucks by cruiser standards, but it's average by CB standards. DPM is horrible but then again, large cruisers aren't known for their DPM. Your alpha potential makes up quite nicely for it in my opinion. You have great speed and maneuverability to negate the weaknesses of the hull and your lack of DPM, allowing you to flank mid game and create crossfires. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 9:04 PM, SoshiSone said:

Hide contents

spacer.png

"Stay @SoshiSone, my friends."  🙂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Unlooky said:

Dispersion sucks by cruiser standards, but it's average by CB standards. DPM is horrible but then again, large cruisers aren't known for their DPM. Your alpha potential makes up quite nicely for it in my opinion. You have great speed and maneuverability to negate the weaknesses of the hull and your lack of DPM, allowing you to flank mid game and create crossfires. 

alpha is as useful as the ship ability to deliver it which is the whole problem here. BBs can compensate poor accuracy and long reloads with overmatch, lots of barrels or the armor/health to get close to the target, cherbourg has none of those.

the 29 seconds reload is just painful when every other ship in its tier with 280-305mm guns has a reload of 20-25 seconds. Cherbourg  needs a 25 second reload or a 32mm bow to become competitive.

i would take as a third option to keep the 25mm bow and long reload but make those guns more accurate and put some grease on the turrets 😅

Edited by pepe_trueno

On 11/16/2023 at 11:23 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Oh God, another suck ship that WG is going to nerf into the Earth's core because Soshi takes it out and wreaks absolute havoc with it.

WeeGee after seeing another 180k+ dmg Ops game on a Cherbourg

image.png.39aaf8381b8a0bbf477030dad63f666d.png

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

alpha is as useful as the ship ability to deliver it which is the whole problem here. BBs can compensate poor accuracy and long reloads with overmatch, lots of barrels or the armor/health to get close to the target, cherbourg has none of those.

Cherbourg has the speed and concealment to flank and deliver it's salvos. It's a small ship with an amazing turning circle, you can bait shots into your belt semi consistently. 8 guns and a MBRB is sufficient power for the tier, although an extra or two of reload would be really nice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Unlooky said:

Cherbourg has the speed and concealment to flank and deliver it's salvos. It's a small ship with an amazing turning circle, you can bait shots into your belt semi consistently. 8 guns and a MBRB is sufficient power for the tier, although an extra or two of reload would be really nice. 

But, be careful!

Show too much side and you are slapped silly.

Have too much bow-in angle and you are slapped silly through your bow.

I have sunk a number of players with one salvo who have tried to bow-tank.

There is a small angle of opportunity which saves you from being sunk in one salvo. Not a ship for noobs to sail into Randoms (or Ranked).

Edited by majmac
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2023 at 6:04 PM, SoshiSone said:

... don't you mean "Cherbug!"  (lol)