One change that would make COOP much better IMHO

Col_NASTY

Whenever I get new ships or just want to do a few mission chains I go to COOP. When I first got here years ago I spent thousands of games in COOP learning ships , aiming etc.

This one thing has not changed in all the years and I seriously wish it would.

Stop spawning the exact same (red) ship I am in right in front of me.

I play the ship to see how to use it against OTHER ships but more often than not I have to destroy the mirror of the one I am in before I get to fight others ( especially DDS ) 

Sure, I could go across the map at spawn but this is COOP we are talking about and the game would be over before I could get anywhere.

Just a thought.

That is all

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That does not bother me as much as spawning in a CA or CL right behind a sub, regardless if it's a human or bot. While they go cruising off you are left with 2 choices. Either deal with the sub that spawned across from them or run in another direction to avoid it. You can't just ignore it because it will damage or sink you if you do. In either case you are going to potentially negatively impact your earnings for that match even if you sink it. I've been forced to sink a lot of them.

If I spawn behind a DD, be it human or bot they are going to attempt to take out the Red DD. Not so with a sub. Neither human or bot Sub driver has any inclination to deal with the Red sub they brought to the match, leaving that to someone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

Whenever I get new ships or just want to do a few mission chains I go to COOP. When I first got here years ago I spent thousands of games in COOP learning ships , aiming etc.

I play the ship to see how to use it against OTHER ships but more often than not I have to destroy the mirror of the one I am in before I get to fight others ( especially DDS ) 

Sure, I could go across the map at spawn but this is COOP we are talking about and the game would be over before I could get anywhere.

Just a thought.

That is all

They do spawn your match across from you a lot for sure. At least we get different ships now which is something. The old Co-op teams were mirror images. Now we get different ships (same type and tier of course). One of the actual improvements made due to our comments on NA Co-op forum years ago.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

7 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

That does not bother me as much as spawning in a CA or CL right behind a sub, regardless if it's a human or bot. While they go cruising off you are left with 2 choices. Either deal with the sub that spawned across from them or run in another direction to avoid it. You can't just ignore it because it will damage or sink you if you do. In either case you are going to potentially negatively impact your earnings for that match even if you sink it. I've been forced to sink a lot of them.

If I spawn behind a DD, be it human or bot they are going to attempt to take out the Red DD. Not so with a sub. Neither human or bot Sub driver has any inclination to deal with the Red sub they brought to the match, leaving that to someone else.

Yeah I hate how they added Subs. If you spawn with the Sub the red one will be near you and you get flooded with non stop pings and homing torps PLUS every red heads for the Subs now so if you are only a couple ships with the green Sub you can get over run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah I hate how they added Subs. If you spawn with the Sub the red one will be near you and you get flooded with non stop pings and homing torps PLUS every red heads for the Subs now so if you are only a couple ships with the green Sub you can get over run.

Best case scenario is that you spent the whole coop trying to hunt down that sub.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

Just a thought.

That is all

Gosh, I must have missed something again....  I don't see mirroring at all and haven't since before subs...  What is most annoying is spawning the exactly the same location on every map......  No matter the ship. 

And, to make that even worse, I rarely spawn in the middle....  Where, since before subs, our host insured most matches "centrally spawn" and that means, A cap and C don't get a chance to fight an equilivent number and class of ships !  It gets really old where 7 ships are at B and maybe 1 at the A or C caps....

5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah I hate how they added Subs.

Don't we all.....

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Asym said:

Gosh, I must have missed something again....  I don't see mirroring at all and haven't since before subs... 

Did this right after I saw your post.  I see it ALL the time and I mean almost every COOP.

The SS is strange but that is the Marseille Coming STRAIGHT for MINE .

I don't know how you can have never seen this " At All ". When I am betting after I post this I can Go do the very next COOP and post another just like this.

aertjaert.thumb.png.1ca4a676bf7fc426dc427d6d0d3ff340.png

UPDATE  I did do another COOP and though it didn't happen to ME this time it DID for the SHIMA. ( told you MUCH more often in DDS ) 

xcgfhymxfgyhm.thumb.png.c11e09e82c736b97c350ca280e4ed006.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MM doesn't mirror enemy all the time, but I want MM mirrors the position.

I remember sometimes someone else in the green team brings in a Yolo Emilio let say in A spawn, yet the red Yolo may appear in B/C instead of A.

I hope they should bear the consequences themselves instead of letting other to do so

Edited by a252
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

PLUS every red heads for the Subs now so if you are only a couple ships with the green Sub you can get over run.

So even the bots hate Subs???!!!  hmmm... 😵‍💫

23 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Yep.  Player Submarines are like catnip for the red-team 'Bots, in my experience.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Dang! I thought they were the most loved ships (boats) in the game. It's a shocker that WOWs has programmed their bots to hate them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gillhunter said:

Dang! I thought they were the most loved ships (boats) in the game. It's a shocker that WOWs has programmed their bots to hate them.

Yeah, the 'bots love to get close to green-team submarines, in a manner that reminds me of the character known as Pepe Le Pew.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

It used to be that the teams got echoed exactly. Now that is not so, although I agree that even more divergence might be a good thing. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 2:51 PM, Asym said:

Gosh, I must have missed something again....  I don't see mirroring at all and haven't since before subs...  What is most annoying is spawning the exactly the same location on every map......  No matter the ship. 

And, to make that even worse, I rarely spawn in the middle....  Where, since before subs, our host insured most matches "centrally spawn" and that means, A cap and C don't get a chance to fight an equilivent number and class of ships !  It gets really old where 7 ships are at B and maybe 1 at the A or C caps....

Don't we all.....

Premium ships seem to always result in mirrored choices, so if someone rolls up in their Sharnhorst B the enemy gets one as well. Tech tree will result in a "random" ship of the same type. However I use random with a bit of wariness as it feels like the game weights some ships different, when a new line comes out or is in early access I swear the game puts them in more often, a couple other ship types feel like they show up more than others. Might just be I notice the new ones more or certain ships like say Italian destroyers just stick in my mind.

• Like 2

Asymmetric battle with current coop AI would be ace.

15 minutes ago, Darlith said:

Premium ships seem to always result in mirrored choices, so if someone rolls up in their Sharnhorst B the enemy gets one as well. Tech tree will result in a "random" ship of the same type

Perhaps they should allow AI to pick all ships too for variety...

On 11/16/2023 at 7:17 PM, Darlith said:

Premium ships seem to always result in mirrored choices, so if someone rolls up in their Sharnhorst B the enemy gets one as well. Tech tree will result in a "random" ship of the same type. However I use random with a bit of wariness as it feels like the game weights some ships different, when a new line comes out or is in early access I swear the game puts them in more often, a couple other ship types feel like they show up more than others. Might just be I notice the new ones more or certain ships like say Italian destroyers just stick in my mind.

WG has an incentive to "weigh" the random draw in favor of more recently released ships, since often those require further testing to decide whether buffs or nerfs will be applied. And yes, recently I have been seeing a lot of bot Bungos in co-op, almost 1 every day. 

• Like 1