Neon sign warships

Gillhunter

Maybe because of my advanced age, I fail to understand why someone would want to sail a Cruiser with neon camo. I'm sure someone will enlighten me. (Of course I also failed to understand why someone would sail a BB with a beer can on it.) lol

1 hour ago, Gillhunter said:

Maybe because of my advanced age, I fail to understand why someone would want to sail a Cruiser with neon camo. I'm sure someone will enlighten me. (Of course I also failed to understand why someone would sail a BB with a beer can on it.) lol

I have the Roma Kobayashi camo with the big beer can and I used it because of the great bonuses it applied. Now that camos and bonuses are separate, I no longer run the beer can camo.

Maybe because of my advanced age, I fail to understand why someone would want to sail a Cruiser with neon camo.

The ARP ones are a collaboration, and they look nice enough.  It also means I can tell which of my Myokos is which. This is the same for the B ships - lots of pairs of ships in port (with different specs, modules, captain skills), so it's nice to have a distinctive camo for each.

• Like 1

Well, being Australian, I can understand why someone would want a beer can camo!

I have it and sail it on occasions ...

• Haha 2

My favourite camo EVER is that one with the gorilla (KIng Kong?) on it.

I think there's a Godzilla one too.

I have no idea where they came from, or what ships they're for but they look amazing.

I saw the gorilla one on the wows official stream one time.

The sad thing is I don't think the gorilla or giant lizard are seen in battle but what would have been the funniest thing EVER is what someone in the stream posted - the gorilla swats at any planes attacking the ship!!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

My favourite camo EVER is that one with the gorilla (KIng Kong?) on it.

I think there's a Godzilla one too.

I have no idea where they came from, or what ships they're for but they look amazing.

I saw the gorilla one on the wows official stream one time.

The sad thing is I don't think the gorilla or giant lizard are seen in battle but what would have been the funniest thing EVER is what someone in the stream posted - the gorilla swats at any planes attacking the ship!!

The Godzilla and Kong camos came from a colab with whichever studio was producing/distributing the 'Kong vs Godzilla' movie a few years ago. The creatures are only shown in port for WG reasons, but there were a couple commanders with somewhat themed voice lines. Camos were for the North Carolina (Kong) and Amagi (Godzilla).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gillhunter said:

I think the Arpeggio of Blue Steel collaboration ship's camouflages look cool.  
I like them and enjoy sailing them.  I also enjoy listening to their Commander's voices.

For the record, I also enjoy the High School Fleet and Azur Lane collaboration Ships and Commanders, too
The Legend of the Galactic Heroes collaboration Commander Frederica Greenhill is welcome and appreciated for similar reasons.
Heck, even the Transformers collaboration Commanders are entertaining in their own way, along with other collaboration Commanders from Warhammer and most recently Megadeth.
I'll also mention I like the Hololive collaboration Commanders.

While I realize that collaboration event content might not appeal to everyone, I'm also aware there are options in-game that can be utilized to disable the collaboration appearances and make their ships look like a "normal" ship with gray paint.
That's not how I roll, but to each their own.  🙂 

Edited to add:  The "BB with a beer can on it" camo was able to provide some extra earnings during a battle (before the camouflage and econ-bonuses got re-worked).  But, after the camo & bonuses re-work, only players who had purchased the Kobayashi camouflages prior to the rework were getting the extra earnings bonuses.
So, after the re-work, players had to re-evaluate whether or not the Kobayashi camouflages were worth their cost (in doubloons) merely for the artwork.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

This is my favorite:

image.thumb.png.9fd77a544a0283699a4d5a0a7eb36fa7.png

And I dunno, but when I see stuff like this I flinch, like being in a discotheque (an analog forum we had 40 years ago)

image.thumb.png.8893c027a0bed885213001610e975ac1.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

This is my favorite:

image.thumb.png.9fd77a544a0283699a4d5a0a7eb36fa7.png

And I dunno, but when I see stuff like this I flinch, like being in a discotheque (an analog forum we had 40 years ago)

image.thumb.png.8893c027a0bed885213001610e975ac1.png

Agreed. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Inpired by the paint-scheme on the USS Constitution, if i'm correct.

Is that so! Fascinating, thanks mate!

5 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:
9 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Is that so! Fascinating, thanks mate!

Also worth comparing with the USS Constellation paint-scheme.

The USS Constellation is a sloop-of-war, the last sail-only warship designed and built by the United States Navy. She was built in 1854, using a small amount of material salvaged from the frigate USS Constellation, which had been disassembled the year before. She is now preserved as a museum ship in Baltimore, Maryland, and is a National Historic Landmark.

https://historicships.org/explore/uss-constellation

https://www.nps.gov/thingstodo/board-the-uss-constellation.htm
spacer.png

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

There’s a version of the camo for Constellation as well, which as a Lexington-class battlecruiser would have had a sister of the same name.

In fact, from 1917 to 1925 Old Ironsides was renamed to “Old Constitution” to free up her name for the battlecruiser under construction. CC-1 was also originally named “Constitution” (and thus the ships would have been the Constituion-class) before some of the names were shuffled and it ended up being assigned to CC-5 (which was originally Ranger).

I’m still hopeful we might see a version of CC-5 at tier VII. The torps and radar always felt like they were shoved on to make Constellation tier VIII and fill the slot in the Armory/shop recently vacated by MA.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

On 11/14/2023 at 2:53 PM, Gillhunter said:

why someone would sail a BB with a beer can on it

If I remember correctly, the extra-large can of Wife-Beater doesn't change Roma's hit boxes; I suppose - given the apparent calibre of some players - there's a reasonable chance that some opponents will try and shoot you in the Stella, where their rounds won't do any damage?

• Haha 2

One has to remember who the target audience of WG is - it's not the historical fan, it's the arcade game playing teen. The neon ARP cammos are not the problem, imo, it's the horrid fake hull decorations & some of the horrid looking theme cammos that are the problem.

On 11/14/2023 at 1:53 PM, Gillhunter said:

FYI, you can disable seeing and hearing all such camos and custom voices by clicking the gear icon on the right side of your ship carousel and disabling the ones you don't want to see.  See attached screenshot.

Animedisable.thumb.png.fe724be9e65f090ac50dd4acd055e397.png

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 1:53 PM, Gillhunter said:

How old are you?  Well, you're not alone.  I asked the same question.  Now I kinda appreciate seeing them.  Not that I would buy one.

There's no excuse for the beer can.  Maybe it was developed in anticipation of a beer collab that never happened?

On 11/15/2023 at 2:53 AM, Gillhunter said:

Maybe because of my advanced age, I fail to understand why someone would want to sail a Cruiser with neon camo.

It's impossible to feel unhappy when one sail on the Retro Anniversary camo for Zieten, blasting Eurobeat while pummelling Operation bots with secondary fire.

Granted it isn't a cruiser, but you see my point :classic_wink:

Edited by TimurGlazkov

On 11/14/2023 at 8:53 PM, Gillhunter said:

i think it looks cool, more then those haloween events camos.