Found out something new yesterday. (Steel camo & permanent bonuses)

Colonel Potter

I bought a Permanent Camo for 10,000 steel a few weeks back for the Shimakaze because I thought I was gonna play it more than I have. I applied the camo. So yesterday, was gonna play the Shimakaze and noticed I didn't have the economic bonuses that came with the Steel camo applied. I thought the economic bonuses were tied to the camo and once you apply the camo, the bonuses were also automatically applied at the same time to the ship.

What I found out is they apply separately. And this made me a very happy man because I was planning on buying another Steel camo for the Castilla, which I absolutely love playing. I think it's a fun ship. Anyway, once I noticed I still had an available economic bonus package available for the tier Xs, I applied it to the Castilla.

Just thought it was a funny story about learning something new even if you've been playing since beta.

Oh, something else... I just recently noticed the stone whale on the island in the North map (I think it was the North Map anyway) a couple weeks back, lol.

Finally, just want to say before someone says I shouldn't spend my steel on the Camo... I have all the steel ships I am interested in, and would rather spend the steel on ships I will play. Buying the camo saves me $20, and I am okay with that. And can always save more steel up if some new ship comes along I might be interested in.

Edited by Colonel Potter
  • Like 11

I would have expected the bonuses tied to the camo as well, so I'm a bit surprised. OTOH, it's pleasantly logical, as is.

Nice development, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Im not even sure I have seen the stone whale, but I have seen the stone Lion on that mid tier map (can remember the name.....)

• Like 1

I've also seen something like a face on the side of a cliff on one of the maps, can't remember which one. Then, of course, there's the stone elephant on the Ultimate Frontier map.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

I bought a Permanent Camo for 10,000 steel a few weeks back for the Shimakaze because I thought I was gonna play it more than I have. I applied the camo. So yesterday, was gonna play the Shimakaze and noticed I didn't have the economic bonuses that came with the Steel camo applied. I thought the economic bonuses were tied to the camo and once you apply the camo, the bonuses were also automatically applied at the same time to the ship.

Not since the economic changes.

In a way this is a good thing, because there were people - mostly unicum CCs - putting steel camos on premium ships back in the day and all I could do was cringe. Now you can do that if you want to preen in public and still leave the econ bonus for a tech tree ship.

3 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Im not even sure I have seen the stone whale, but I have seen the stone Lion on that mid tier map (can remember the name.....)

Here it is, managed to get a reasonable screenshot. If you are on North it should be at the lower placed inlet to the mid channel. 

I am here coming from the other direction to begin exiting the channel (see minimap).

231111 Whale north.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

Here it is, managed to get a reasonable screenshot. If you are on North it should be at the lower placed inlet to the mid channel. 

I am here coming from the other direction to begin exiting the channel (see minimap).

231111 Whale north.png

Thanks for posting the screenshot. I had one, but couldn't find it when I was making the post. Like I said in my post, I never noticed it until a couple weeks ago and I have been playing since beta. I was like..."Whoa" when I noticed it, lol.

• Like 2

Fun Fact.

Many games and other types of graphics us Faces and profiles from many angles for scenery. It's a great way to build them.  As far back as I can think , they have been in almost every game from Quake, BF, COD etc.  

Quick Quiz ( easy one ) 

Which map has the Lions head at the opening between Islands?

Imho Tier 10 camos/permabonuses are a bit too steep: even at 3 steel ships per year, I'm barely keeping up with the new releases...

11 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

Finally, just want to say before someone says I shouldn't spend my steel on the Camo

Oh don't worry 🙂  I  have 5 of those ( x2 on both accounts).   The fact that those afford me to  play comfy my T10's is more than welcomed .

46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif

• Like 1