Hmmm... Captain must "retrain" even without changing his assigned ship?

Frostbow

Why am I required to retrain my Dutch 21-pointer? He is assigned permanently to Gouden Leeuw, his skills were reset just today—literally he commands the same tech tree ship, no changes whatsoever.

And now he is required to "retrain" before he is able to use his skills?

image.thumb.png.4727ba3b0cca31decf84b26bad629f82.png

6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Captain's Skill rework, first world problems.

Well there's been some worries about missing first world content in the game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well there's been some worries about missing first world content in the game.

13 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Captain's Skill rework, first world problems.

LOL

I checked my French captains assigned to Tier X cruisers, and there's no problem whatsoever.

image.thumb.png.a785ed3ba8b16c7baa9ce9204c64141c.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Why am I required to retrain my Dutch 21-pointer? He is assigned permanently to Gouden Leeuw, his skills were reset just today—literally he commands the same tech tree ship, no changes whatsoever.

And now he is required to "retrain" before he is able to use his skills?

image.thumb.png.4727ba3b0cca31decf84b26bad629f82.png

Put in a ticket. FAST.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So, from the picture, the ship being viewed is Gouden Leeuw (T10).  The commander in question is showing as having begun training to Johan de Witt (T9), but no exp generated yet.

If everything is working okay, it looks like at some point, you moved him to Witt, either intentionally or accidentally and are now moving him to Leeuw without playing with him in charge of Witt.  Even if you don't play the ship with him in charge, once you confirm the move of a commander, they are assigned to their new ship and cost to move them again.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

So, from the picture, the ship being viewed is Gouden Leeuw (T10).  The commander in question is showing as having begun training to Johan de Witt (T9), but no exp generated yet.

If everything is working okay, it looks like at some point, you moved him to Witt, either intentionally or accidentally and are now moving him to Leeuw without playing with him in charge of Witt.  Even if you don't play the ship with him in charge, once you confirm the move of a commander, they are assigned to their new ship and cost to move them again.

I missed that; good catch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

I played D7P with the same captain before, so it should not cause any issues with his permanent assignment to the tech tree Tier X. After I reset the Commander Skills, I clicked on Gouden Leeuw, then clicked on "Recall Commander", and then I saw that 'retrain' requirement. I haven't assigned the same captain to any other ship; and I've played a lot of battles with the Tier X with that captain. I've contacted support already.

24 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

After I reset the Commander Skills, I clicked on Gouden Leeuw, then clicked on "Recall Commander",

From your screencap, it's beginning to look like you might have clicked accidentally on the De Witt... Good luck with your support call. 

But... how exactly does 'recall commander' work? Does it recall a commander to any ships you've had them earlier? If so, unless you actually click on the 'retrain' button, can't OP just use recall to transfer the captain to the tech tree ship he is trained for?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

But... how exactly does 'recall commander' work? Does it recall a commander to any ships you've had them earlier? If so, unless you actually click on the 'retrain' button, can't OP just use recall to transfer the captain to the tech tree ship he is trained for?

If I have understand correctly, the Recall Commander button will bring back the last commander assigned to a ship.  If it is a tech tree ship and no commander has been assigned since the original commander was put on another ship, it will attempt to put them on the ship again even if they are now assigned to another ship.

And the issue seems (from the screenshot) that the commander was reassigned and then brought back to the Leeuw.  If it was done by the player or by a bug is the issue, I think.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

I played D7P with the same captain before, so it should not cause any issues with his permanent assignment to the tech tree Tier X. After I reset the Commander Skills, I clicked on Gouden Leeuw, then clicked on "Recall Commander", and then I saw that 'retrain' requirement. I haven't assigned the same captain to any other ship; and I've played a lot of battles with the Tier X with that captain. I've contacted support already.

You might also check your commanders and see where the other commander who is supposed to be running Witt is.

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Correct.

I have 21 point Charles Honore on, and trained for Republique.

When I got Bourgogne I used Honore on that too.

I also got Bayard from whatever event that was and use him on that too.

Whenever I play any of these ships I just hit 'recall commander' and he comes back ready to rock and roll.

Obviously this only works if the commander is trained for a tech tree ship and moved to premium ships.

• Like 1