WG WoWS <=4 tier match making needs to go

Tpaktop2_1 NA

Waiting 10+ minutes in a queue as a tier 4 really? You might as well load the match with bots after 3 minutes. The waiting game is a killer and no one wins.

A lot of people play T4 randoms. Never have more than a 3 minute wait and that's rare. There's a thriving community of low tier players. Typical of the higher tier snobbery to say "no one plays" when they never go and try it themselves. People are nice....karma is way up, no toxic BS. Lots of very competitive games. It's like brawls...clear up the bots then battle the humans. Tons of fun.

8 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Waiting 10+ minutes in a queue as a tier 4 really? You might as well load the match with bots after 3 minutes. The waiting game is a killer and no one wins.

I thought WG already loaded tier 5 and below with bots...

5 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

No one plays tier 4 randoms. Not really any point other than to grind thru on your way to higher tiers. 

'No one' is hyperbole, but yeah...with the reward system setup we have now...most don't play there...despite it being really fun.

I play one once in awhile and I find a mixed bag. Some apparent 6 v 6 queue dumps, some full games of humans, and a good many filled out with bots - as many as 9 bots. 

There are also 2 - and 3- divs of bluenicums there, I suppose, for clubbing/padding lols. 

1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Geez, just play Co-op at that level.

It basically is co-op, but with randoms rewards...no reason to play the mode that gives fewer resources.

• Like 1

depends when you play. try playing when there is a lot of player online, during the day and early night, you should be able to find a game. Every other time the game will give you bots.

11 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I thought WG already loaded tier 5 and below with bots...

Nope. the team maybe 2/3's bots but not the whole team.

6 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Geez, just play Co-op at that level.

Are you telling me how and what to play? 🤨Tier 4 ships do not play well in Co-Op

5 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It basically is co-op, but with randoms rewards...no reason to play the mode that gives fewer resources.

Which is the reason to play tier 4 in randoms

Overall the tier is not the issue. It's the wait time. There are times I do like to play my Iwaki, but the random queues makes it sour for me to play the ship.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Type_93 said:

No one plays tier 4 randoms. Not really any point other than to grind thru on your way to higher tiers. 

Yep and even pointless for RB regrinds as the ponts start from T5 thats cheap to research with freexp so its most likely people just freexpt the T5 and then start actually playing the line and grinding, if they decide to grind it at all for that matter...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Yep and even pointless for RB regrinds as the ponts start from T5 thats cheap to research with freexp so its most likely people just freexpt the T5 and then start actually playing the line and grinding, if they decide to grind it at all for that matter...

I once posted that the tier 5's should become the new tier 1, but I was boo'ed for the idea on the NA WoWS forums.

1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

I once posted that the tier 5's should become the new tier 1, but I was boo'ed for the idea on the NA WoWS forums.

Yeah, skipping half the game content seems like a poor choice...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Yeah half of the "below T5" would be solved if WG just made the missions T2-T11 instead of T5+

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Yeah half of the "below T5" would be solved if WG just made the missions T2-T11 instead of T5+

What if WG made missions for tier 1-4 that earned more credits.  Would that upset the balance?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

What if WG made missions for tier 1-4 that earned more credits.  Would that upset the balance?

Prob not but TBH just extra credits without daily et other mission progress woulnd bring me to play low tiers...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

This is an interesting observation, but from the company's perspective, perhaps not ideal in development time or financially.  You are going to have two player groups within that tier range.  One is new players who generally can wait to get into the higher tiers, and the second is veteran players who, for various reasons, prefer these tiers. 

For veteran players, you will pretty much already know what you'll receive and the credit limitations playing those tiers.  It would be nice for players who prefer these tiers to have more mission options; however, the actual number of players at those tiers may not justify such an investment.  All companies, including WG, look at return on investment (ROI).  If the return is not there, there is no investment.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

This is an interesting observation, but from the company's perspective, perhaps not ideal in development time or financially.

This is where is fall short in understanding gaming development.  To me, credits are the limiting factor for advancing in this game at the proper pace for acquiring the skills that would entice purchases and interests in progressing. 

Edited by Justin_Simpleton

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

My point at the time since WG is pushing into the superships area, the tier balance would be corrected with the re-alignment. There would be no tier 11 ships that everyone hates and talks about. I realize that making the cut for dropping the current tier 1 to 5 would stink since there are many, very good ships, in those tiers. My point is either drop the superships into a different game system, ie WoWS2, or fix what is currently being used for tier classification. Don't punish the veteran player by making them wait. in queue They want to play WoWS as much as the new player.

15 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

...no reason to play the mode that gives fewer resources.

What about the mode that drops in 30 seconds and is over quickly, allowing you to get in 2-3 times as many games? 

Relatively equal resources and you get to play instead of staring at a screen.

10 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Tier 4 ships do not play well in Co-Op

Moose hockey.

6 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

I don't see why, other than that it's a terrible idea.  Newbies advance from Tier I relatively quickly, while learning the mechanics and some of the complexity.  Then at Tier V PvP they run smack into The Wall.  At this point many quit.

And you want to start them there ?!?

Edited by iDuckman

13 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

What about the mode that drops in 30 seconds and is over quickly, allowing you to get in 2-3 times as many games? 

Relatively equal resources and you get to play instead of staring at a screen.

With the bots in randoms, the game is also over quickly. It's the best of both worlds...full rewards and quick turnover.

13 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I don't see why, other than that it's a terrible idea.  Newbies advance from Tier I relatively quickly, while learning the mechanics and some of the complexity.  Then at Tier V PvP they run smack into The Wall.  At this point many quit.

And you want to start them there ?!?

I don't see why WG wouldn't adjust the way new accounts enter the game with a change like this...

I stay below tier 5 for several reasons, the biggest reason is fun sucking subs. Between them and CVs anything T5 and up is just not much fun. Then there's the constant +2 MM along with way too many gimmick ships. T4 and below is pure old school combat, usually up close and personal. DDs' have to close in close, not launch from 10 to 20km away, BB brawls are common, after 20k plus games played, it's probably the most fun time I've ever had in WOWS. I like the people I play with, no one gets salty, I'd love to name these guys but I don't know if that's allowed, they are very good players and nice people.

Edited by Kalishnikat

27 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Then at Tier V PvP they run smack into The Wall.  At this point many quit.

I can totally confirm this from personal experience working with new players.

2 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

I can totally confirm this from personal experience working with new players.

Because it's suddenly subs, +2 MM and T6 CVs..all at once. Thats a very steep learning curve for new players. You've never seen a sub, suddenly there's 2 per game killing you and you don't know what to do.

Edited by Kalishnikat

52 minutes ago, Kalishnikat said:

I like the people I play with, no one gets salty, I'd love to name these guys but I don't know if that's allowed, they are very good players and nice people.

To prevent name and shame, kudos are not allowed.