Weekend Spree - 10-12 November 2023

Ensign Cthulhu

Finished off the Buffalo grind, unlocked and (at the encouragement of @Lord_Zath) got the Des Moines. In terms of main armament she's exactly like Salem, which I already have, so it's like having a Black version of the ship to outfit differently. Salem is set up for range; with Des Moines I went all-in for manoeuvre and firepower. I took one of my Binational Ovechkins out of Fletcher (whose grind is already finished and which I am done playing except for snowflakes) to be her commander.

The Buffalo's commander did not move up. At the end of the grind I was enjoying the ship so much that I prefer to leave him (John Doe) where he is. The reload on DM is so fast you don't really need an enhanced shell switch, whereas the Buffalo benefits quite markedly, and the Ovechkin captain has enhanced turret rotation anyway.

When I was done WOWSing at the end of each day, I played this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/4850/Cossacks_Back_to_War/ I've been playing it on and off since 2004, when I came across it in a store in Wollongong, Australia, and I even got as far as modding it at some point. It has the advantages of being able to be paused and played offline, something I wish I could do with WOWS. If the day ever comes when WOWS ceases to be, I know what I'll be streaming. 

When I had time to kill and was waiting around to pick up the kids, I did some reading appropriate to the weekend: https://www.amazon.ca/Complete-Memoirs-Sherston-Siegfried-Sassoon/dp/0571099130 

• Like 2

Well, a beautiful weekend and I found several Tom Swift Senior books for my collection with Dust Jackets !!  Played a lot of Random Operations and COOP.  And, I'm not even working on a single WoWs TT line, nor ship, nor mission !   I gave that and all grinding up for Lent.

Deer hunting is around the corner and the next several days will be working on several Hunting and historic trekking projects.  Testing out a new "processing hawk" I had made after it Browns.....  It's browning in the garage and the handle is being treated with Tung oil (about 10 coats or so).  My Blacksmith friends had a real go of this hawk and this is the 6th iteration of the design (the rest broke chopping bone or the steel had too many pores and animal fat dulled the edges too quickly....)

A good weekend.

• Like 2

Played WOWs a lot and posted on the forums quite a bit.
Neglected other stuff I could be doing.

Bought myself some cake on the U.S. Marine Corps birthday and shared it with my Wife.

• Like 2

Played a couple of WoWS games but spent the majority of the weekend celebrating the Marine Corps birthday (Friday, Nov 10th,) and Veterans' Day.  

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Bought myself some cake on the U.S. Marine Corps birthday and shared it with my Wife.

Semper Fi @Wolfswetpaws 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Finished off the Buffalo grind, unlocked and (at the encouragement of @Lord_Zath) got the Des Moines. In terms of main armament she's exactly like Salem, which I already have, so it's like having a Black version of the ship to outfit differently. Salem is set up for range; with Des Moines I went all-in for manoeuvre and firepower. I took one of my Binational Ovechkins out of Fletcher (whose grind is already finished and which I am done playing except for snowflakes) to be her commander.

The unique mod for Des Moines is crazy fun... worth getting that if you have some research points lying around.   Makes it significantly different from Salem.

Have fun!

9 hours ago, Arcusaesopi said:

The unique mod for Des Moines is crazy fun... worth getting that if you have some research points lying around. 

It's on my list for consideration after I have all the ships I want (Colbert is next). For now, I have the reload mod in that slot for 4.8 second Heavy American Piercing fun. 

• Like 2