XP costs as a table

Northern Nightowl

Hello,

does somebody know about a resource where you can see how many (ship) XP you will need to progress between the tiers? Of course, the in-game tech tree does this - but only partially for me. I'd like to have a complete display encompassing each step between T1 up to T10 that includes the ships that I have already researched or in port.

I'm asking as I did not manage to unlock the new T8 IJN BB Yumihari and I would like to know the approximate range of XP that will be needed to research it at its release. There's no T8 BB left to research for me and I do not recall their XP costs; and as I already reset a line, I used up my x2 multiplier, so a BB line reset is not sensible.

Any hints will be appreciated!

Regards, Nightowl

There used to be one linked from the old forums.  It was specifically used to see which lines cost what to grind for research points.   The winner (lowest grind in XP) was Harugumo line of IJN destroyers.

You could calculate from where you were in a line to the cost in xp to the end.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Northern Nightowl said:

Hello,

does somebody know about a resource where you can see how many (ship) XP you will need to progress between the tiers? Of course, the in-game tech tree does this - but only partially for me. I'd like to have a complete display encompassing each step between T1 up to T10 that includes the ships that I have already researched or in port.

I'm asking as I did not manage to unlock the new T8 IJN BB Yumihari and I would like to know the approximate range of XP that will be needed to research it at its release. There's no T8 BB left to research for me and I do not recall their XP costs; and as I already reset a line, I used up my x2 multiplier, so a BB line reset is not sensible.

Regards, Nightowl

WOWS wiki gives Yumihari as 140k XP, so you probably don't need ranges.

If you're still curious about ranges, I researched it before the 140k went up on the wiki and put the results on Reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/17a111d/how_to_get_4500_japan_token/k5ahail/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tricericon said:

If you're still curious about ranges, I researched it before the 140k went up

My target was 160K, the reasoning being along the same lines as you took and assuming Yumihari's total price would be about the same as Amagi's. I was very pleased indeed to find the 140K figure posted. I trust it because the Wiki was right about the Cataluna and the Santander.

I already have the 140K on the Nagato, and if it turns out the Wiki is wrong it won't take me long to get there.  

• Like 1

Thanks for all your hints! So, I'll be able to get the Yumihari at it's final release...

Regards, Nightowl

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 4:07 PM, Northern Nightowl said:

Hello,

Regards, Nightowl

https://shiptool.st/nations?n=J

has a dedicated feature for this iirc. You right-click on the ship you already have and select "calculate XP". Then you select the end of your grind. A popup shows the total XP needed.

• Thanks 2