"It is all about flanking them."

Frostbow

I haven't played my first steel ship for a long time, and it felt like it was time to play the Bourgogne again after what seemed like an eternity playing other ships in Co-op and Operations.

Still a fun battleship to play. And in this Random Battle, our DD summed it up succinctly: "It is all about flanking them." 

😄

• Like 1

Flanking is great. I, on the other hand, have the uncanny innate ability to find the exact  X Fire Spot on any map.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, majmac said:

On the ASIA server, it is all about sniping.

Camp and snipe, camp and snipe.

Push in and die.

Or a disaster from the sky or a sudden torpedo from the water

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

Camping, in my opinion, invites attack from aerial assets.  Same goes for being inside a smoke-screen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Flanking is great. I, on the other hand, have the uncanny innate ability to find the exact  X Fire Spot on any map.

There is this near-center spot in Greece map that I discovered while playing the Thunderer to be well-suited for hitting ships while maintaining concealment. The only factor that exposed my ship were the planes from the enemy CV, a Nakhimov.

Other than that, the lack of line of sight to enemy ships was particularly effective in maintaining the center position. That battle gave me the realization of the need to exploit spots in other maps. Of course, a lot of variables affect it, and what works today may no longer work the next time, given CVs, submarines, as well as the usual positions of green and red ships.

1 hour ago, majmac said:

On the ASIA server, it is all about sniping.

Camp and snipe, camp and snipe.

Push in and die.

Yes, I've heard of a lot of commentaries about the general playstyle on that server. Camping/sniping seem to be the persistent norm. I don't think I will enjoy that playstyle. Nothing wrong with the sniping meta, it is just that I prefer movement over static artillery duels. In that battle I just shared, our team already lost 5 ships, while we only managed to sink 2 of the enemy's battleships.

A lot of my teammates were hiding behind that island near the end point of the airship, and I was the only one leveraging on the spotting provided by our DD (who was deftly spotting from behind enemy lines). Quite pleased the push turned out well: Close Quarters Expert, Double Strike, and a Kraken. 

1 hour ago, Kawaii_shirasu_azusa said:

Now that is a common feature all servers share. 😄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

A lot of my teammates were hiding behind that island near the end point of the airship, and I was the only one leveraging on the spotting provided by our DD (who was deftly spotting from behind enemy lines).

I've long been an avid proponent of the theory that the rocks are in fact highly magnetic.

• Haha 3