Top Grade Gunner Questions

SoshiSone

I've never used this cruiser captain's skill, but have recently been working it on Cherbourg and I have two questions.

1.  When did WG change the condition from a ship "spotted within" to simply "within" your normal detection range?

2.  Does "ship" include "sub"?

Edit*********************************

Never mind:  I worked the training room and it's still effectively "spotted within" even though the TGG in-game wording doesn't include spotted.

Edited by SoshiSone
  • Thanks 1

If the sub is surfaced I'm pretty sure it counts. TGG is a good skill for Marseille line as well.

• Like 1

It hadn't occurred to me, until reading this topic, to wonder whether or not a submarine's surfaced/submerged status affected the "Top Grade Gunner" skill.

Thanks to both of you, @SoshiSone and @BOBTHEBALL, for posting in this topic and giving it enough activity for me to see it in the all-activity sorting of the forum topics.  🙂 

• Like 1

No problem at all, actually now that I think about the a Marseille captain would be a bit unique compared to others.

It only kicks in for a sub when the sub is spotted...I only tested surface.  I'm guessing it would kick in with a sub detected at peri since it would still be valid main gun target.