Unusual Weather pattern

Lord_Slayer

Experienced an odd glitch, though a few others had it as well.

Played Cherry Blossom and it was a scorcher of a moon out. Essentially, it was daylight.

Then played two Narais in a row. Both in darkness.

shot-23_11_11_15_57.46-0250.thumb.jpg.ad0a68403fa9b1a5ce7cc5accfacbcbe.jpgshot-23_11_11_16_00.20-0762.thumb.jpg.b73341a6ac254855c40cca34cbfac01e.jpgshot-23_11_11_16_13.55-0528.thumb.jpg.2ac72edd4f1e9acf9713ab5c4ab14ceb.jpg

you have any idea how hard it is to target ships in the dark?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I had Narai by dark as well. It felt like half the game, if I zoomed in for aiming, it looked like a haze.

• Like 2

There was a Cherry Blossom glitch where if the team did a certain thing, daylight would never come.  Ever tried to stir Torp Soup in the dark? 

FYI, in CB as daylight comes, there were three Zaos leaving the area upper left.  If you mess with them they will turn around and come after you.  Built-in hard mode.  Not sure that still applies.

Seen both of these glitches... Narai looks to me like having the battle in the middle of a total eclipse but otherwise normal while Cherry Blossom looks more like the day/night setting froze somewhere in the middle. It has odd lighting for some background textures, but looks clear for closer items while the star shells don't seem to display right (haven't watched them close enough yet).

Just played Narai and got this.

20231112182832_1.thumb.jpg.38d4b52fff5a3bf194efd0e3a6c14fe8.jpg

I played one Cherry Blossom last night and from the start it seemed like day and not a night fight.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iDuckman said:

FYI, in CB as daylight comes, there were three Zaos leaving the area upper left.  If you mess with them they will turn around and come after you.  Built-in hard mode.  Not sure that still applies.

no, they are no longer there.

While I haven't gone to that area myself, I have seen several DDs and CV Planes go there and the Zaos are not present.

Had a Cherry Blossom game this evening and one of the OP said he thought his PC was going to crash because his screen showed daylight, but for the rest of us it was normal (night). He said he wasn’t running any mods. Very strange. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 4:29 PM, Lord_Slayer said:

Experienced an odd glitch, though a few others had it as well.

Played Cherry Blossom and it was a scorcher of a moon out. Essentially, it was daylight.

Then played two Narais in a row. Both in darkness.

Having this issue as well. So far it's been the same as you: super dark on Narai and super bright daylight on Cherry Blossom. The Narai run was almost unplayable it so was so dark ... I could barely see the enemy ships.

Edited by CFagan_1987

On 11/11/2023 at 1:29 PM, Lord_Slayer said:

I sure do... can't even see anything when Cherry Blossom or Ultimate Frontier starts, I'm always waiting for the lights to come on to start playing.

• Like 1

Arghh. Just had Narai in full darkness. Is this a feature?

Have I missed something from official sources on this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Arghh. Just had Narai in full darkness. Is this a feature?

Have I missed something from official sources on this?

No it shouldn't stay in darkness the whole time, it's a bug not a feature.

• Like 1

Since patch 12.10 I had night time and moonlight on the 'Strait' map. Every match be it Ranked or Brawls. Have never before played at night time on 'Strait'. Very atmospheric 😉

Found out that it was the 'Naval Base' harbour that was preset with 12.10. Changed back to 'Ocean' harbour and now all matches on 'Strait' map are in daylight again.

As I did not play operations in this patch I can only presume you could have the same problem.

Edited by BlueMax1916
  • Thanks 1