Help Me Choose 2 Superships

Scrubby_McScrub

I have 165M credits burning a hole right now and I want to add 2 more superships. I have all relevant tech tree lines researched. 

This is what I already got:

Satsuma

United States

Novo

Devastation

Patrie 

What are you peoples opinions of what might be worthy additions?  The only dud for me so far was my first and that is Satsuma. I've had a lot of fun with the others. 

Edited by Scrubby_McScrub
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

I have 165M credits burning a hole right now and I want to add 2 more superships. I have all relevant tech tree lines researched. 

Satsuma

United States

Novo

Devastation

Patrie 

What are you peoples opinions of what might be worthy additions?  The only dud for me so far was my first and that is Satsuma. I've had a lot of fun with the others. 

For me Annapolis is a no brianer. Imho the strongest Supership out there and also a ship I gotten + credits multiple time. Many games I killed 2-3 enemy DDs which pretty much you fixed the win for youre team. Many other Sups can be good at damage farming (CVs, Conde etc) but they lack the utility that Annapolis has that can both sit at 18 km and burn down ships and kill DDs in caps.

With almost stealth radar and Funny button it means any DD sailing towards you and spot you is dead.

Also any cruiser turning showing broadside to you when you are dark mean AP+Funny button and they detonate in 5 sec.

Some examples:

image.thumb.jpeg.cee5b38f2ccf1dac9689c829d4bc30ef.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.81076f17a619f7506a37010eead777e1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.085365f13872d4bda4d095ab274736f7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9265605092c3d9152dabeac27ec21a15.jpeg

Killed 2 DDs, Halland from full HP. 100 K profit in a Sup.

image.thumb.jpeg.1700a9922f2d0798ae97ef866cc6b03f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1b8e8a72aeb15e15d7d08abaf245e6af.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5735a3303fcbd935a5bc84842df3ef26.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.707feed93e32a2fee1cc5bff05d1882c.jpeg

Killed 2 Yamagiris and burnt down a FDG, half a Schleiffen and killed the Des Moines. Another profit game.

image.thumb.jpeg.c07b55b4d5fc74bfa7bfe6d0d8354aaa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7a6043daa152d51618c7bbdd9c330fc6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d4e480f88b6c13735194759db722024e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.26fcb019618989872f17ae216c212ba2.jpeg

Even bad damage games the utility comes thru, killing 2 DDs and 2 Radarcruisers. 300 K profit.

Bought a lot of Sups, Annapolis is the only one I actually play! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

Satsuma

United States

Novo

Devastation

Patrie 

Based upon my previous sailing of super-ships on the Public Test Server, I welcomed the Conde' to my Port.
But, the Conde' isn't on your list of candidates.
So, I figure we have different preferences, and that is okay.  🙂 

I may welcome the Patrie, in the future, because of her numerous guns and for the fun of derping around in a French super-BB.

The Clausewitz is tempting, and the Annapolis might interest me, in the future.

Edited to add:  What are your thoughts on the Italian Piemonte ?

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

The older generations of super ships are more fun to play, like Yamagiri/Conde/Zorkiy/Satsuma/Annapolis and etc. I quite like Edgar as well, due to the higher dpm and burst, but still squishy. Meanwhile Patrie seldom works for me...

It really comes down to what you want and what you good at, since they have distinct identities. 

Edited by GMMF

18 hours ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

I have 165M credits burning a hole right now and I want to add 2 more superships.

I would want at least that many credits before considering even ONE supership. 

Out of interest, which captain do you have picked out for the Annapolis?

My problem with supers is that they aren't for full-time play (unless you're in the billion-credit club), yet they demand a commander with a significant number of points to do well... and to move him in there is expensive in ECXP or requires spending dubs.

6 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I would want at least that many credits before considering even ONE supership. 

Out of interest, which captain do you have picked out for the Annapolis?

My problem with supers is that they aren't for full-time play (unless you're in the billion-credit club), yet they demand a commander with a significant number of points to do well... and to move him in there is expensive in ECXP or requires spending dubs.

I've been putting fresh captains in all my superships. I just picked up Violet and put her in the Annapolis. I am usually swimming in ECXP so it's seldom an issue for me to just promote them to 21 points immediately. She'll have to wait because I blew all my 4M ECXP on getting my Devastation and Novo captains to 21. I played one battle with her at 13 and that ship it's not a problem. 

As far as economy, I'm sitting on about 380 160% credit boosters and I only use those in Superships. They all make a profit as a result. So, I can play them as much as I want and not worry. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

I just picked up Violet and put her in the Annapolis.

I would have guessed Halsey or one of the Does, seeing as they can switch ammo types fast.

Conde has both high performance ceiling and difficulty regarding how to master her. And Piemonte will also be available soon afterwards.

On 11/11/2023 at 9:18 PM, slokill_1 said:

Clauswitz is devastating.

I was so psyched about that before release since Hinden is one of my faves. But then I saw a lot of reviews and most seem to think its a side grade to Hinden at most. Is it very strong?