Jump to content

Yum Yum Weimar :)


Andrewbassg

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Ahskance's a scary CM!  Not just a terror in Discord ❤️

Fixed that for you...😉

 

Solid T7 ranked pick.  It's no Atlanta....but probably best non Atlanta/Oakland class ship.

BTW - not needed for Ranked but in Random the buffed Eye in Sky skill is now a no brainer for Weimar... only problem is means you have to give up something on Lutgens or respec him... and unless running some kind of lighthouse spec... that probably means giving up TGG.... but now you can take the consumable skill too.

 

(Moderator's Note: The above quote is not the original and edited.  It is posted in jest.)

Edited by HogHammer
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

BTW - not needed for Ranked but in Random the buffed Eye in Sky skill is now a no brainer for Weimar... only problem is means you have to give up something on Lutgens or respec him... and unless running some kind of lighthouse spec... that probably means giving up TGG.... but now you can take the consumable skill too.

 

Tbh......the Eye in the skye on this ship is a bit of a noob trap. One of the exploitable characteristics of this ship is that one can fire its guns at a closer target, while not being detected  by others, even if  open water. Granted, the target must not see you  but that's just a  matter of positioning.

2 hours ago, ReDiR20 said:

Well, realistically you will get some use of torps in 1 of 10 ranked battles at best. In others it's no special ompared to other T7 cruisers. Something like Boise is much more useful with super heal

Idk..... Boise/Nueve  was a  little monster in brawls but I found Weimar far better suited for ranked.

 

Anyway, the sunny days  are over.

 

 

qrGDddm.png

 🙂 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Tbh......the Eye in the skye on this ship is a bit of a noob trap. One of the exploitable characteristics of this ship is that one can fire its guns at a closer target, while not being detected  by others, even if  open water. Granted, the target must not see you  but that's just a  matter of positioning.

Not really. Weimar has a unique spotter consumable with a larger range boost than normal (which she very much needs), but it has only a 60s (vs. 100s standard) active time and a standard long cooldown (240s). Eye in the Sky turns that short active time into an exploitable asset - if you want to drop your maximum range you don’t have to wait as long for the plane to land as other ships, and the halved cooldown time (and the extra charges) from EitS means you’ll likely have another charge ready to go when you want to use it.

52 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Idk..... Boise/Nueve  was a  little monster in brawls but I found Weimar far better suited for ranked.

Agreed. Boise/NdJ have even shorter range with no way to boost it, no speed boost, and no torpedoes. She’s arguably more survivable than Weimar, but a lot less flexible.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Not really. Weimar has a unique spotter consumable with a larger range boost than normal (which she very much needs), but it has only a 60s (vs. 100s standard) active time and a standard long cooldown (240s).

Eye in Sky no long has active time penalty.... and you pair it with the spotter plane mod so that you get a 78sec active time with extra charges.  It makes a lot of sense now....for PvP....

Now if you play ops a lot then you might keep Lutgens with TGG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

Eye in Sky no long has active time penalty....

I know. I was referring to her standard 60s active time, which is quite short. Eye in the Sky was a terrible choice on Weimar before the skill was changed, as a 30s spotter plane was borderline useless.

Edited by Nevermore135
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.