A First for me

Lord_Slayer

Was playing my Scharnhorst in Ranked with Lutgens on board.

When I rounded a corner, a broadside Omono appeared in front of me.

Targeted the waterline and boom, Dev Strike, High Caliber, and sunk.

Spoiler

shot-23_11.09_18_41.06-0830.thumb.jpg.b62a9496df798259dbf2507a6ccdef99.jpg

Now I didn't see it initially, because apparently I have played this guy before and blacklisted him because of well.....you'll see. So I did not see his comments during the match.
The other players alerted me that he was calling 'aimbot' and 'hacks' and was going to report me.

I looked at the replay, and replay does not block the comments. I also censored this poor confused soul's name.

This just confirmed I had a good reason to blacklist him previously.

Untitled.jpg.3fe7367eebf4b84f8605eb7dcc76c37f.jpg

I do want to say his teammates were quite honorable in defeat and were complimented.

• Haha 9

The years have not been kind to Scharnhorst, but one thing she still does well is nuking clueless light cruisers at sub-10km ranges.

• Like 2

The player probably watches too many of PotatoQuality (notPQ) Twitch streams, where he complains regularly about how broadside cruisers to his BB are somehow protected by WG and he cannot devstrike them...

• Haha 2

There are real aimbot program cheats for wows, so it's not unrealistic to be accused if someone thinks your aim is better than typical.

If you want to see these aimbots (that wg refuses to ban) just play T1 and there will be the same players who use aimbot year after year.

They will make insane shots, like tiny gaps in the ice or mountains.

Skill still matters in WoWS and no one can convince me otherwise. Since I started in 2017 I've been called a cheater a lot of times. Mostly by people, who don't understand that others can predict where they will be, when the shells hit their faces.

And cheating software can't really elevate anyone above average. Because tubers will remain potatoes.

PS: Server side calculations, even with their own issues, are superior to client side calculations.

• Like 2

I got to see an aimbot in action a couple of months ago in a ranked battle. My team got slaughtered and I was trying to farm capture points to save a star, and this guy totally manged to aimbot one shot me after I had not been detected for two minutes. He did it to hurry up the match, because I would have been able to drag things out trying to save a star, and he apparently didn't want to wait, so he dev struck me, blind, and the only info he had on me was that I was flipping a cap. I was his third kill, and he hit some silly kill shots.

The only time I ever thought I'd been subject to an aimbot was a match where, while in a flank capture circle, I was devstruck by a BB in the OTHER flank capture circle.

In that this was in COOP, I was killed by a bot with good aim! facepalmsmiley.gif.dc696cfbf23e3f4aab9dce896eba2993.gif

4 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

The years have not been kind to Scharnhorst, but one thing she still does well is nuking clueless light cruisers at sub-10km ranges.

Yep one of short list bbs one really doesnt want to turn ones CLs side to in todays wows

14 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I do want to say his teammates were quite honorable in defeat and were complimented.

👍

9 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

There are real aimbot program cheats for wows, so it's not unrealistic to be accused if someone thinks your aim is better than typical.

If you want to see these aimbots (that wg refuses to ban) just play T1 and there will be the same players who use aimbot year after year.

They will make insane shots, like tiny gaps in the ice or mountains.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/characters/nm0532815

Wedge Antilles (Red 2) : That's impossible! Even for a computer.

Luke : It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters.

General Dodonna : Then man your ships. And may the Force be with you.

We "miss" every shot that we don't take.  🙂