PSA. Regarding cap skills.... (-‸ლ)

Andrewbassg

So a)

U0YfUBi.png

b) It works ONLY ACROSS THE BOARD. Meaning you have a button in the News article  (the Update article) which will reset ALL caps.

c) It works ONLY ONCE.

Yep chaps, you won't experiment around as you please for free. And if you chose to do it........you will have to redefine EVERY CAP IN YOUR PORT.

I'm soo frakkin mad. Not because they give  only one reset, but because now I HAVE TO  manually redesign EVERY SINGLE FRAKKIN CAP in my port.

I don't understand this people D4250899-7637-4DB1-9393-24C11B63FACC.gifI really don't. They  surely must have known that this wont play out well, are they  not well in their heads?? Are they really that frakkin idiots???

WG SOLVED THIS ISSUE, CAPS NOW CAN BE INDIVIDUALLY RESETTED BUT ATTENTION!!! IT WORKS ONLY WITH DUBLOONS SELECTED.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Thanks 2

This type of one-time reset for every commander is normal and I don’t have a problem with it.

What is really the problem is that there are apparently no free individual resets at all, not even for the first week of the patch. You can’t really experiment at all with the new skills because you only get one shot to redistribute skills per commander.

Edit: The normally-expected free individual resets appear to be active now. Looks like poor quality control rather than a deliberate decision.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Edit: The normally-expected free individual resets appear to be active now. Looks like poor quality control rather than a deliberate decision.

Yeah, except now  I will have to redefine all my caps, so it doesn't make me  love Wedgie more...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

WG SOLVED THIS ISSUE, CAPS NOW CAN BE INDIVIDUALLY RESETTED BUT ATTENTION!!! IT WORKS ONLY WITH DUBLOONS SELECTED.

I'd sure hate to be in the middle of a battle and be required to shell-out doubloons to capture an area.

Perhaps you're saying our Captain's can have their skills reset for a discounted/zero cost in doubloons?  🙂 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

So a)

U0YfUBi.png

b) It works ONLY ACROSS THE BOARD. Meaning you have a button in the News article  (the Update article) which will reset ALL caps.

c) It works ONLY ONCE.

Yep chaps, you won't experiment around as you please for free. And if you chose to do it........you will have to redefine EVERY CAP IN YOUR PORT.

I'm soo frakkin mad. Not because they give  only one reset, but because now I HAVE TO  manually redesign EVERY SINGLE FRAKKIN CAP in my port.

I don't understand this people D4250899-7637-4DB1-9393-24C11B63FACC.gifI really don't. They  surely must have known that this wont play out well, are they  not well in their heads?? Are they really that frakkin idiots???

since it has bearing on this conversation...

DONT forget to choose right when respecing for free since most of us probably has Elite Cap XP as default AND DONT forget to choose right efter free respec is over since it then will be doubloons as default.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

So where hte hell do we find the button? Seems like they hid it again...

It is in the update news article. Chose capt skills  and scroll to the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I gotta love how they really try and make it as hard as possible for playerbase to enjoy the free respect. Jump on their webpage ... because why not ... youre trying to play a game with a ...game launcher, click the right article, click the right sub article and if you scroll Waaaaay down, you will see a button you can push (also the points PO made in his video).

Why not have a pop up in the game when you log in .... you know where all those other BS pop ups with wallet offers pop up or that BS "How did you find this game... pls rate from satisfied to dissatisfied ....)

Im guessing not even half the playerbase goes to the homepage and read the articles, are you really supposed to need to in an online game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Yeah I found the "start the free respec" but I meant the "reset all" button but seems that one we don get this time

Edited by Yedwy
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Yeah I found the star the reset but I meant the reset all button but seems that one we don get this time

Correct.

On 11/8/2023 at 8:40 AM, Nevermore135 said:

If this is indeed a Billion Dollar company these types of Muckups are either INTENTIONAL or completely incompetent management.

You can't have both.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

If this is indeed a Billion Dollar company these types of Muckups are either INTENTIONAL or completely incompetent management.

You can't have both.

Where did I imply that poor quality control was an acceptable excuse? It’s not. I personally think they screwed up and the current narrative is a misguided attempt to save face.

Edited by Nevermore135

The article now has the 'Reset All Captains' option. I haven't tested either button yet, myself, though, but the option is there.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The article now has the 'Reset All Captains' option. I haven't tested either button yet, myself, though, but the option is there.

I was about to say ale fu**ing luja WG finally came through BUT after using the button I cant log-in into the game... 😆

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I was about to say ale fu**ing luja WG finally came through BUT after using the button I cant log-in into the game... 😆

And unexpected side effect?...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Seems so ^^ anyway restarted windows and waited some more and got back into the game, dunno maybe its just server load or whatnot...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Seems so ^^ anyway restarted windows and waited some more and got back into the game, dunno maybe its just server load or whatnot...

I haven't used either button yet, at least I could login to ASIA. Haven't yet tried EU. Nor the buttons.

On 11/8/2023 at 10:40 AM, Nevermore135 said:

Nah.  It was a decision, just the wrong one.  On release people realized it was wrong and immediately changed it.

4 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

There's also a blue Reset All Commanders button below it.  Not recommended if you have any number of ships.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

No, that was a problem with something else.  Coincidence.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I gotta love how they really try and make it as hard as possible for playerbase to enjoy the free respect.

It was utterly frustrating and confusing when it went live. 

And while they have relented to the constant pressure they got from many players, this latest snafu clearly show how tone deaf WG is, on top of being devious about it. After all, microtransactions spread over a lot of players can surely amount to a revenue big enough to appear on their monthly Profit and Loss statements. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

You can't have both.

Dumb, or dirty.