What ship would you build a line around(existing in game or not)

kriegerfaust

Somers/porter class

Main: 8 x 127mm L/38, in twins: two forward, superfiring, two aft, superfiring
Secondary: None
AA: 8 x 28mm L/73 in two quad mounts, 2 x 12.7mm L/90
Torpedoes: 8 533mm torpedo tubes in two centerline quadruple mounts
Depth Charges: 2 x depth charge track, 14 depth charges

(Balch, August 1943):
Main: 6 x 127mm L/38, in twins: two forward, superfiring, one aft
AA: 10 x 40mm L/56 in one quad mount and three twins, 8 x 20mm L/70 in twin mounts
Torpedoes: 8 533mm torpedo tubes in two centerline quadruple mounts
Depth Charges: 4 x K-Gun, 1 x depth charge track

(Selfridge, April 1945):
Main: 5 x 127mm L/38, one twin mount forward, one twin aft, one single mount aft superfiring
AA: 16 x 40mm L/56 in three quad mounts and two twins, 4 x 20mm L/70 in twin mounts
Torpedoes: None
Depth Charges: 2 x K-Gun, 1 x depth charge track

1200px-USS_Balch_(DD-363)_underway_off_Q

dd_uss_somers_dd381.jpg

DD-381_Somers.gif

blob?bcid=rPMcNzSPiEoGyg

USS_Warrington_DD-383_underway_in_the_La

The Somers Porter line could have anything from 4-8 guns in single to twin mounts and one to three sets of torpedo launchers, with various amounts and varieties of aa mounts, i love the Somers and seeing a rainbow of variants of the design would be fun, what ship would you like to see transformed into its own line of ships, we know more than a few where the entire lien already feels like a variety of flavors based on a single ship

USS_Davis_DD-395_underway_c1945.jpg

http://www.microworks.net/pacific/ships/destroyers/porter.htm

Edited by kriegerfaust
  • Like 2

Let the game burn and introduce a hybrid DD line, we already have Halford, even if it wasn't effective with the CV armament it was given.

• Like 2

the game could realy use an armored cruiser line that focus on secondary / long range AA starting at t5 with Italian cruiser San Giorgio and from there evolve into a fictional line of what would have happened if the armored cruisers become anti air platforms.

Class and typeSan Giorgio-class armoured cruiser

Displacement: 10,167 t

Speed23 knots (43 km/h; 26 mph)

Armament

As of May 1940 after refits:

2 twin 254 mm (10.0 in)/45 guns

4 twin 190 mm (7.5 in)/45 guns

4 x 2 100 mm (4 in) / 47 caliber dual purpose guns

1 x 1 100 mm (4 in) / 47 caliber dual purpose gun on the forecastle

6 x 1 Breda 37 mm (1.5 in) AA guns

6 x 2 Breda Model 35 20 mm (0.79 in) AA guns

7 x 2 Breda Model 31 13.2 mm (0.52 in) AA machine guns

Armour

Belt: 200 mm (7.9 in)

Gun turrets: 160–200 mm (6.3–7.9 in)

Deck: 50 mm (2.0 in)

Conning tower: 254 mm (10.0 in)

the ships in this line will retain certain aspects such as  few main battery guns, thick all around armor and poor speed.  what will change is the secondary / AA suit  that will evolve into large caliber dual purpouse guns offering a unique feature of having most of its AA continuous damage on the long range aura with a range of 7.5km.

for instance the t10 could have

2 x 3  320 mm dual purpose guns (main guns)

4 twin 203 mm dual purpose guns 

4 x 3  135 mm/45 dual purpose guns

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Like 2

IJN‘s NO.13 battleshipcrusier(sure real tsurugi)                       |                               Iowa class but have engine boost and 457mm gun

main: 3*2 460mm/45 type94                                                         |                               main:3*3 457mm/48(just like what Ohio is using)

secondary:4-5*2 100mm/65                                                          |                               secondary: 10*2 127mm/54 MK.18

AA: We all know that JP BB hasn't any effective AA                     |                                    AA:just like what Iowa was using

Trop:2*5 610mm(20km)                                                               |   

• Like 2

If I were to have a choice, I'd create two lines:

1)  the I-400 IJN subs:

image.thumb.png.20095d31714dc3b4f809f0bb55c8c3be.png

Now, I wouldn't put them into the game without some thought. I would use them more on the strategic side of this game.  As command ships and long range interdiction vessels....  Tiers 6 through 10 and all configured differently with a progression of capabilities.

Think about this sub:  snorkels; a heavy AA configuration; Air and Surface Radars; anti-mine electronics; anti-sonar coating and a ping propagator; and, some very long range torpedoes.....  I would use these subs as Carrier Killers...  Planes could be replaced with surface firing missiles. 

2)  PT and E-boats.

Here's the 1945 most armed PT boat

image.png.5fd636472c109ea652dbd4b884c4e671.png

Why would they help this game?  Because, they are so very hard to see and hit with the maps we have...  And, they would be quite lethal is well used.  I'd have Tiers 8 through * for these.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AkiraKurai said:

Let the game burn and introduce a hybrid DD line, we already have Halford, even if it wasn't effective with the CV armament it was given.

if you want the game to burn

8 hours ago, Asym said:

PT and E-boats.

Side note.  Small torpedo boats were a feature of the Scenario Operation Dynamo (currently "on hiatus").

57 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Side note.  Small torpedo boats were a feature of the Scenario Operation Dynamo (currently "on hiatus").

I simply think it would be a "Hoot" as a special event that featured Frigates and PT/E boats !  Like the Halloween event with small craft again larger craft in terrain prevalent maps....  What a lot of high speed, high risk-high reward" that would be !  

But, alas, we can't innovate that far forward......it might be fun !  and, we can't have that now, can we......

• Like 1