Mod Station totally useless

Paladin1954

I see you still can't get the expanded tech tree in this patch again. Same for the gun mod that shows both mm and inches. Sick of this persistant laziness on WeeGee's part. If I go back to Aslains I'm not coming back to their " recommended" mod software. Rant over. Have a nice day fellow Commanders.

Edited by Paladin1954
  • Like 3

If memory serves, Aslains is one of the mods in question.  I don't know for certain as I don't require the mods, but I am assuming someone here who does can clarify that.

28 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

If memory serves, Aslains is one of the mods in question.  I don't know for certain as I don't require the mods, but I am assuming someone here who does can clarify that.

Both mods in question are available on Aslains. Yes I dumped modstation and went back to Aslains.

• Like 1

I contacted WG re the missing TechTree Mod, been missing for over a month now. The reply was 'It's got nothing to do with us', despite the fact that it's in their Modstation. Weren't interested in trying to find out, told me to contact the developer via Discord..................................I don't use Discord, so no way of finding out.

49 minutes ago, Monalie477 said:

The reply was 'It's got nothing to do with us', despite the fact that it's in their Modstation.

WG has always simply approved and hosted the mods in the ModStation. It’s designed to act as an “official” resource for mods that players can be confident have WG’s approval (and the extra layer of legitimacy from being directly published by WG) and thus won’t run afoul of any anti-cheating measures.

Whatever modder that was responsible for development/maintenance of the ModStation version of the mod appears to no longer be updating it, as it’s has been inactive for multiple patches.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

I miss the ship win rate.  If there's a bote I like and think it should be doing better I play it.

It's available on Aslains mods

• Like 2

It's a possibility that the individual modders have given up on the Modstation. Too bad, in a sense, because the concept itself was pretty handy and worked fairly well for a long time.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 3:45 PM, Paladin1954 said:

I see you still can't get the expanded tech tree in this patch again. Same for the gun mod that shows both mm and inches. Sick of this persistant laziness on WeeGee's part. If I go back to Aslains I'm not coming back to their " recommended" mod software. Rant over. Have a nice day fellow Commanders.

I tried Modstation a couple of times since it launched but always gone Back to Aslains. Way better mods and way faster updating mods after a patch update than Modstation ever will. Some mods will not update at all on Modstation but you can find them on Aslains for some reason.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

What are mods? I thought they patrolled forums and discord??

Like the Mod Squad?

the-mod-squad.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Like the Mod Squad?

Some of us actually watched that show, when it was airing for the first time.  🙂 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Some of us actually watched that show, when it was airing for the first time.  🙂 

Tell us how old you are without telling us how old you are!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Type_93 said:

Tell us how old you are without telling us how old you are!

Naw, you figure it out. lol

22 hours ago, majmac said:

Apparently, AutoSpy is no longer going to update their mods for the WoWS Modstation.

Can anyone confirm that?

21 hours ago, HogHammer said:

@majmac  That is very true.

It's worse. They won't update their mods for WG at all, regardless where you get your mods. AutoSpy is apparently going Russia only.

6 minutes ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

AutoSpy is apparently going Russia only.

So we're going to need a Counterspy.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

So we're going to need a Counterspy.

To spy on... counters?

• Haha 1

I think I may be a bit of a caveman.

I still use Modstation, it does everything I need and I never have problems with it after a game update (obviously you have to re-install your mods but that's just a one button push).

I looked at Aslans once (I still think that's the lion in The Lion the Witch and the wardrobe) but it seemed way too scary and confusing (admittedly that was many moons ago when I thought a mod was Paul Weller), but I guess if and when the day comes the mods I use aren't updated by the modders I may have to embrace the dark side and the scary lion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kalishnikat said:

After the previous update issues I dropped mods completely and really don't miss them.

I played a vanilla client until 2020. I could go back to that as you have, but there are several mods that I find are very helpful when my vertigo and nystagmus flares up. I find that it is sometimes helpful to fly by instruments even under what would normally be VFR conditions. 

• Like 2