Naval warfare movies any period in time.

Chysagon

Naval warfare movies any period in time= drama or documentary.

Well not sure if anyone has an interest in a thread like this-so here goes.

Anyone that does add one film per reply and hopefully a youtube or other link

Sink the Bismarck - 1960 

Edited by Chysagon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Midway (1976 version)

Just a clip.  Full version costs $$.

Edited by Slammer58
  • Like 3

The Enemy Below (1957) Trailer

Official Trailer - IN HARM'S WAY (1965, John Wayne, Kirk Douglas, Otto Preminger)

Warning, some adult situations in the movie may be inappropriate for immature viewers.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 6

I like the movie Master and Commander great movie for the most part. I like the old naval battles I am now a old salt lol.

• Like 2

Wow, do I have a list:

• Das Boot:  Life aboard a German U-boat during WWII.  It has a great storyline, a movie where the viewer can almost feel the claustrophobic confinements and experience the fear and smells of life below the surface.
  • Lifeboat: Survivors of a torpedoed ship have to share the same lifeboat with the German crew that sunk them.  To me, it's an underrated Alfred Hitchcock film.
  • The Caine Mutiny: At times, it's a little corny, but the acting by Bogart, Van Johnson, Fred MacMurray, and Joe Ferrer is excellent.  
  • Mutiny on the Bounty:  Three versions have been produced.  Here, my favorite is the second one with Marlon Brando, Trevor Howard, and Richard Harris.  Just a beautiful film. After seeing it for the first time at a young age, the movie got me interested in reading the Trilogy by Nordoff and Hall (Mutiny on the Bounty, Men Against the Sea, and Pitcairn’s Island.)
  • The Enemy Below: USN destroyer versus German U-boat. Robert Mitch versus Curd Jurgens. 
  • The Sand Pebbles:  Great performances by great actors.  Set on the Yangtze River around unrest in China. Great storytelling on a human level.
  • The Great War of Archimedes:  A newer naval movie, a little hard to follow at times.  Takes place just before WWII in Japan’s quest for a super battleship.  National pride, honor, and corruption.  What is not to like?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Wow, do I have a list:

• Das Boot:  Life aboard a German U-boat during WWII.  It has a great storyline, a movie where the viewer can almost feel the claustrophobic confinements and experience the fear and smells of life below the surface.
  • Lifeboat: Survivors of a torpedoed ship have to share the same lifeboat with the German crew that sunk them.  To me, it's an underrated Alfred Hitchcock film.
  • The Caine Mutiny: At times, it's a little corny, but the acting by Bogart, Van Johnson, Fred MacMurray, and Joe Ferrer is excellent.  
  • Mutiny on the Bounty:  Three versions have been produced.  Here, my favorite is the second one with Marlon Brando, Trevor Howard, and Richard Harris.  Just a beautiful film. After seeing it for the first time at a young age, the movie got me interested in reading the Trilogy by Nordoff and Hall (Mutiny on the Bounty, Men Against the Sea, and Pitcairn’s Island.)
  • The Enemy Below: USN destroyer versus German U-boat. Robert Mitch versus Curd Jurgens. 
  • The Sand Pebbles:  Great performances by great actors.  Set on the Yangtze River around unrest in China. Great storytelling on a human level.
  • The Great War of Archimedes:  A newer naval movie, a little hard to follow at times.  Takes place just before WWII in Japan’s quest for a super battleship.  National pride, honor, and corruption.  What is not to like?  

👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MysticalWar said:

I also saw this movie too its ok but not as good as GreyHound.

Midway (1976 film) is better. But I was on the Lexington when they filmed it so, I might be biased.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1