Just Musing

majmac

I wonder, if the maps in this game were circular instead of being square, whether or not that would improve game-play?

For instance, border-humping would be harder; CVs and poor BB players would not have corners to run and hide in; and, advancing up a flank would draw you nearer to engagements.

• Like 2

Well, if that were achieved by extending the maps by drawing a circle around the existing squares, I'm game.

• Like 1

FsC6ik.gif

interesting question ^^... for sure something for a bubblegum-holiday-pvp mode to check out imo. with possibility of shrinking circle given ofc, might even 2 modes.

nice1 46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif

*i'm quite sure it's not the 1st time i read about this. sadly not even dumping time into forum research is possible anymore 😞 (*sad sailor smiley seems gone as well 😭)

Edited by MrWastee

While it might make for a slightly different experience, we would still have boundaries, starting and opponent ends, and the main areas away from those.  It might remove the corners and condense the playing area a bit, but players would still act the same.  The thing about a square map is that it simplifies coding coordinates and does give more playable space, so I doubt there would be much advantage in changing it.

We do have a few circular playing zones in some special events, but the shrinking over the course of the battle tends to not let them be a good indication of how circular maps might change things.

Edited by Jakob Knight

9 hours ago, majmac said:

I wonder, if the maps in this game were circular instead of being square, whether or not that would improve game-play?

For instance, border-humping would be harder; CVs and poor BB players would not have corners to run and hide in; and, advancing up a flank would draw you nearer to engagements.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, majmac said:

border humping would be easier not harder

• Like 1

Interesting idea. Maybe put one big island in the center an objective that moves around the circle. Like old school epicenter with a twist. 

I like that russian dev blog idea, fog of war, where you cant see ships enemy has until you spot them, that would be fun.

• Like 1