What would you be doing with your artic tokens?

Charon

Thinking of dropping my artic tokens on Black Friday 2023 premium containers as it seems to be the best lootboxes. 

There is the Captain's Holdall Premium container coming up but both the german squadron premium container and the former doesn't seem to be as worth. 

What do you think? 

image.thumb.png.7dfba0e5ef19890e4fecee66a4daa9df.png

So far, the arctic tokens don't offer anything thrilling. I think the Back Friday Premium Containers are the best value yet. I am still waiting for the reards to change and something interesting to appear.

• Like 1

Black Friday premium containers are the best bet. Do not bother with the captain Holdall. Can pick the German squad premium container if you are interest in the contents, but would be better if you have the 8% ships already (Brandenburg, Weimar), so you get the 2% ones if its a ship drop. 

I’m going for the BF premium containers too. They’re by far the best value.

The captain crates aren’t really worth it, nor are the Halloween ones (they’re just commanders or maybe cosmetics for Halloween). German crates have some decent stuff in them, but the BF crates have the best value for their cost. 

• Like 1

Used my artic tokens to buy 2 Black Friday Premium containers so far, got 100.000 Commander XP and 14 blue Boosters. Hopefully the rest will contain something better.

20231103153129_1.jpg

20231103153143_1.jpg

• Like 2

Went for the BF premium containers so got 4 of them but no ships. I have never got a ship in a BF container though I have got a few premium containers now and then from missions and bundle ladders like the Repulse (Dunkerque B I bought to have 1 black ship)  etc. But as these BF 2023 are new containers, the pity drop mechanic does not spill over from earlier years. Should be one more from the remaining missions..

• Like 1

So far I've used my tokens for one Premium Black Friday container and one Premium Halloween Pumpkin container.
Got 14 "Blue" 160% credits flags from one, and Commander Klaus V. Teslau (10 skill points, US Navy tech-tree compatible) from the other.

• Like 1

In four Premium Black Friday containers I got one 100,000 commander xp, and 3x14 Blue Captain flags.

Would have liked a ship but was happy with all that as I have a lot of captains to grind.

BF Prems.  I got Black B and Lazo B from them, plus the other rewards aren't too shabby.  Can't go wrong with Blues. Smile_great.gif.ff9d4ab3002206b67ce1d47fd4d2411a.gif

• Like 1

Got 1 BF premium box...got 14 blue ship XP boosters...literally worthless to me as I never use those.

Thanks WG...

Sigh.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 1

Four BF containers so far from the polar event... good mix of blues, CXP, FXP and reduces the number of boxes for the "mercy" drop.

Bought the Repulse B stack and the 3 additional Premium Boxes yielded the Iwami B.  The regular boxes yielded... squat... stuff to sell.

25 Box purchase yielded Lazo B and Brandenburg B.  I was paying attention to the mercy rule and the first boat dropped ON the mercy rule... second shortly after.   Another 10 boxes... 11/20 for the Black B caused additional 10 premium box buy and got the Black ON the mercy drop, then 2500 Doubloons (2nd ship hit) on the next (last) box... I've seen that happen before when collecting the "last available" boat...

I didn't track it, but approx $300 worth of Doubloons for 5 Black Boats and restocking the Blues... at least enough CXP to boost someone to elite.  The FXP allowed me to top off Harugumo again with the resulting 10x research points granting me... Colbert and Hector.  Pixel rich!  So far, I like the Hector more for co-op and it did well on the Transylvania thing... Colbert is my 50th T10, but very Atlanta-like... takes some practice to land those at any range.

Good BF event imho, but 2x on the Mercy Drop?  Interesting.

😄

BF premium containers, already got a Pommern B from that ...

Edited by Hugh_Ruka
  • Like 1

I’ve been using mine on the premium German containers. I don’t find the Black Friday containers particularly appealing because I have the standard versions of most of the Black Friday ships (at least the ones I care for) and don’t particularly desire a duplicate.

• Like 2

image.png.14cd795ba216464ed75a552858346d3d.png

On my 3rd Black Friday 2023 premium crate. Really happy with it!

image.thumb.png.9dc9eeb86815b767ee7e797aa0f4f79d.png

Edited by Charon
  • Like 5

Im getting BF prem containers, so far Ive got Black Alaska..already had Alaska so its no big deal. But...I'll take all the free stuff I can get.

18 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Im getting BF prem containers, so far Ive got Black Alaska..already had Alaska so its no big deal. But...I'll take all the free stuff I can get.

Some extra snow flakes to lol.

1 hour ago, hipcanuck said:

Just FYI, the BF containers are not free...they are rewards for the token grind...

• Bored 1

2 hours ago, Charon said:

image.png.14cd795ba216464ed75a552858346d3d.png

On my 3rd Black Friday 2023 premium crate. Really happy with it!

image.thumb.png.9dc9eeb86815b767ee7e797aa0f4f79d.png

That could be a real good pickup with the commander rework… 20% range increase is on the table again for cruisers.  We’ll see!

13 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

So far, the arctic tokens don't offer anything thrilling. I think the Back Friday Premium Containers are the best value yet. I am still waiting for the reards to change and something interesting to appear.

Can confirm, Black Friday premium containers (50 tokens each) are the best bet:

spacer.png

Just got Kearsarge B from my first of only two premium Black Friday containers claimed via tokens! I actually kinda regret buying anything else (I wasted a bunch of tokens on the Halloween containers lols)!

Edited by Sailor_Moon
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Can confirm, Black Friday premium containers (50 tokens each) are the best bet:

Just got Kearsarge B from my first of only two premium Black Friday containers claimed via tokens! I actually kinda regret buying anything else (I wasted a bunch of tokens on the Halloween containers lols)!

It depends a bit on your preference. Take me for example. I don't care much for black copy-paste versions of ships I already own. In the first few Black Friday events that was not an issue, since I hardly had any ships. But then Wargaming shifted their event, from offering Black versions of ships exclusive to the premium shop, towards offering Black versions of coal-ships or other ships the veteran players already got for free.

So technically yes, the Black Friday containers have a 12% chance for a ship compared to 10% for those german containers and no chance for Halloween containers, but the probability of getting a copy of a ship I already have is too high. It leaves me with 4%-5% real chance of getting something new. Plus copy-paste ships have become pointless since WG decided to no longer make us wait for a ship to return from battle.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

It depends a bit on your preference. Take me for example. I don't care much for black copy-paste versions of ships I already own. In the first few Black Friday events that was not an issue, since I hardly had any ships. But then Wargaming shifted their event, from offering Black versions of ships exclusive to the premium shop, towards offering Black versions of coal-ships or other ships the veteran players already got for free.

So technically yes, the Black Friday containers have a 12% chance for a ship compared to 10% for those german containers and no chance for Halloween containers, but the probability of getting a copy of a ship I already have is too high. It leaves me with 4%-5% real chance of getting something new. Plus copy-paste ships have become pointless since WG decided to no longer make us wait for a ship to return from battle.

No, that's totally fair. If you don't want the Black Friday versions of the ships then obviously don't get the Black Friday containers 😄

Next best bet would probably be the German premium containers if you don't have all the ships from that container.

50 minutes ago, Sailor_Moon said:

No, that's totally fair. If you don't want the Black Friday versions of the ships then obviously don't get the Black Friday containers 😄

Next best bet would probably be the German premium containers if you don't have all the ships from that container.

Random loot and changed contents of this year's Black Friday containers also mean that for some, it may end up with dropping, regardless of exact reason, "undesired" ships that are duplicate (exact duplicate or redundant in actual function), of a type that the player hasn't mastered yet, underpowered, or has a real life background that is considered not welcomed. My personal examples include winning a Mainz B despite already owning regular Mainz (later traded the regular one for Sims in the Trade-in), a Kearsarge B that has yet ever played in any PvP modes, Tiger 59 from a guaranteed Tier 8 Premium box, Weimar from German Navy, Yukon from guaranteed Tier 7 box and Jurua from Recruitment container. And WG hasn't disclosed when they will hold another Trade-in if they would do that indeed.

I honestly consider exchanging all of them for ornamental flags. None of the available Black Friday ships interests me that much. Scharnhorst B once did, yet has recently been eliminated by the will-be free Scharnhorst 43. Already got BF versions of Atago, Massachusetts, Dunkerque, Mainz, Kearsarge and Pommern; owns regular Alaska, Jean Bart, Smolensk, Iwami, Sims, Lazo, Yoshino, Napoli, Repulse, Asashio, Brandenburg; owns Flint; Black and Immelman are both available for coal and not that interested in CVs. May consider Cossack B later. Not to say that we are now heading into some treacherous, uncharted waters due to the alleged WG-Lesta split on WoWS.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Random loot and changed contents of this year's Black Friday containers also mean that for some, it may end up with dropping, regardless of exact reason, "undesired" ships that are duplicate (exact duplicate or redundant in actual function), of a type that the player hasn't mastered yet, underpowered, or has a real life background that is considered not welcomed. My personal examples include winning a Mainz B despite already owning regular Mainz (later traded the regular one for Sims in the Trade-in), a Kearsarge B that has yet ever played in any PvP modes, Tiger 59 from a guaranteed Tier 8 Premium box, Weimar from German Navy, Yukon from guaranteed Tier 7 box and Jurua from Recruitment container. And WG hasn't disclosed when they will hold another Trade-in if they would do that indeed.

I honestly consider exchanging all of them for ornamental flags. None of the available Black Friday ships interests me that much. Scharnhorst B once did, yet has recently been eliminated by the will-be free Scharnhorst 43. Already got BF versions of Atago, Massachusetts, Dunkerque, Mainz, Kearsarge and Pommern; owns regular Alaska, Jean Bart, Smolensk, Iwami, Sims, Lazo, Yoshino, Napoli, Repulse, Asashio, Brandenburg; owns Flint; Black and Immelman are both available for coal and not that interested in CVs. May consider Cossack B later. Not to say that we are now heading into some treacherous, uncharted waters due to the alleged WG-Lesta split on WoWS.

You're not wrong. As I said earlier, I think it just depends on if you want those ships on offer or not, that will determine if you get those containers or something else.